Thread: LS1GTO.com
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2003, 11:06 PM

My thoughts on the "New GTO"

The best thing GM could have done with this car is not change it at all from it's Holden counterpart.(Besides what is needed to make it U.S. legal) Not put on the Pontiac and GTO emblems and bring it to the U.S. as what it is. An Australian made Holden Monaro! But it's way too late for that now...I know!

I'm sure if they wouldn't have mentioned anything about GTO in the first place, everyone would have been fine with the car. It would have still sold due to it's great performance and sleeper quality.
But GM wouldn't do this because they're just trying to make some quick $$$$ on the GTO name. I would think that's also why GM is fighting to keep the "Judge" name. So they can milk as much $$$$ as they can from the legendary GTO.
This is probably why most Pontiac enthusiasts are pissed off. And the fact that we're basically stealing the Aussies' performance car and passing it off as ours is also probably pissing off some some of the Holden enthuisiasts. Oops! But GM isn't targeting the enthusiasts, so who cares?

Just my .0002 cents.