View Single Post
Old 06-22-2004, 06:51 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:

"Cool, thanks Tom. I'm sure this has already been asked but you got my interest up. I assume we are talking about a system with regulated return or bypass."

No we are not.

The only reason for the check valve is to go around the electric fuel pump so that it does not have to be on ALL the time. There is no bypass function here.

Quote:

"Using a non-bypass system with a regulator, could you just hook up the electric booster pump to the same vacuum switch or throttle switch?"

The electric pump IS a booster pump when it is on.

Quote:

"Due to the vehicle's acceleration combined with the weight of the fuel over the length of the fuel line, I'm thinking all that is needed is to pressurize the suction side of the mechanical pump at WOT to eliminate cavitation."

That is what the system does.

Quote:

"Perhaps a bypass regulator set 1 PSI or so higher than the mechanical pump's output but installed right after the electric pump. At WOT the suction line would become pressurized but would otherwise work similarly to your set up."

Your suggestion does not apply to the way the system works.

I will try again:

From the tank to a TEE, from the tee one side goes to the check valve, the other side goes to the electric fuel pump inlet.

The outlet of the check valve goes to a second TEE.
The outlet from the electric fuel pump goes to the same
second TEE.

frrom the second TEE the fuel goes up the normal fuel line to the mechanical fuel pump.

From the mechanical fuel pump the line goes to a fuel
pressure regulator. (Like a Holley Red one set at 6 psi)
From the regulator the fuel goes to the carb.

There IS NO by-pass in the system.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.