PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   THE LOBBY (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=467)
-   -   Has anybody heard of this guy? (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=873403)

65 Lamnas 04-28-2024 12:09 PM

Has anybody heard of this guy?

2 Attachment(s)
Not sure what to make of this dude....he's beyond arrogance and narcissism....I'm thinking megalomaniac....

65 Lamnas 04-28-2024 12:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
LOL...unbelievable.

Held for Ransom 04-28-2024 01:59 PM

This guy?
https://dragchamp.com/2022/bracket-r...-summer-fling/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJPOczDqS1E

65 Lamnas 04-28-2024 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Held for Ransom (Post 6500574)

No.....this particular buffoon owns SCTAs and is into 2nd Gen Firebirds.

Held for Ransom 04-28-2024 03:11 PM

Watch the youtube video.

VCho455 04-28-2024 05:52 PM

Of course I know of him. He's on every forum I've ever been on.

Keith Seymore 04-28-2024 08:59 PM

I'm always relieved when it's not me.

K

Half-Inch Stud 04-29-2024 08:31 AM

Not even a caveat for detonation.

abefromen 04-29-2024 08:37 AM

Fulper 2.0

78w72 04-29-2024 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abefromen (Post 6500714)
Fulper 2.0

BW is far worse, hes well known on facebook groups for pushing the "max efficiency tune" crap... like 40-50° initial timing.

Cliff has talked to him about carb tuning and had a great post on here recently about his insanity.

A couple guys doing big things with 301's have called him out too & all he can do is block them. One guys shop has had some of his max tune stuff that destroyed their engines. BW has a "stage 3 or 5 or 10" (his own made up ridiculous claim) 301t that has to run 3-4 bottles of octane boost per tank or race gas because it severely detonates on even mild half throttle runs at like 6lbs of boost! LOL!

Dude is a clown but a legend in his own mind.

65 Lamnas 04-29-2024 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 78w72 (Post 6500725)
BW is far worse, hes well known on facebook groups for pushing the "max efficiency tune" crap... like 40-50° initial timing.

Cliff has talked to him about carb tuning and had a great post on here recently about his insanity.

A couple guys doing big things with 301's have called him out too & all he can do is block them. One guys shop has had some of his max tune stuff that destroyed their engines. BW has a "stage 3 or 5 or 10" (his own made up ridiculous claim) 301t that has to run 3-4 bottles of octane boost per tank or race gas because it severely detonates on even mild half throttle runs at like 6lbs of boost! LOL!

Dude is a clown but a legend in his own mind.

Unsuspecting hobbyists think he's a God....trouble is, he's got the admins and moderators of the groups he's in that stand up for him....it's incestuous....if he wasn't hurting people and the hobby, it'd be funny...but at the very least it's entertaining to watch.

zippy 04-29-2024 03:10 PM

Seen him quite a bit on Crackbook lately. Especially pushing 40-50 deg idle timing.

BILL BOWMAN1 04-29-2024 05:22 PM

50* of timing…that’s a fuel car tune!

JSchmitz 04-29-2024 05:49 PM

That's one of the great things about being a self-appointed expert. Anyone can qualify. :)

The timing thing hits home for me. There used to be a guy running a dark green GTO convertible at Gateway. His car was pretty quick (10.0ish IIRC.). He asked me how much timing I was running. I told him 34 total. He says that's WAY too much! You shouldn't be running any more than 28 total. Yeah, ok...

bluebird455 04-29-2024 06:06 PM

Just another Arrogant know it all, been kicked out from many groups, and blocked by many more, does not take well to opposing views and opinions.

Cliff R 04-30-2024 06:12 AM

Pretty much a first class douche IMHO. I never heard of him till a few months ago when he called here looking for jets .080" and larger main jets for a Quadrajet carburetor. Coincidentally it was the same carb I ran on the 455 in the Ventura for decades and 73 jets were PLENTY for it.

I really didn't get to say much and really didn't listen to all the BS he was pushing. It wouldn't have done any good as the conversation was one-sided. The few times I tried to say anything he blasted right back with more BS before I could get any words out.

He did mention running "locked out" timing on all his street engines. I was told that after our one-sided conversation he went on Facecrack and told everyone he's talked to me and that I agreed with his tuning methods. I heards there is a Facecrack page you can sign up for, something like a group that has been banned by Bill Webb.

I don't really much give a chit these days about guys like him and how or why they think that there methods are going to work with these engines. I really have more important things to do these days, like throw sticks for my dogs and spend time with my grand kids......

armyadarkness 04-30-2024 09:01 AM

He sounds like an idiot who has been ignored too much. And FYI, I dont know crap, and Ive been tuning carbs with an 02 sensor, since 1992.

armyadarkness 04-30-2024 09:05 AM

He sounds like someone who has struggled to be heard his whole life... and now that he finally learned how to use the internet, he's self professing his fame on social media. And FYI, I dont know crap, and Ive been tuning carbs with an 02 sensor, since 1992, so it's not extremely rare.

mgarblik 04-30-2024 09:13 AM

Kinda sounds like this gentleman may have spent considerable time working with the Chrysler Lean Burn System? We all know how that worked out for them. Also when you run crazy ignition lead and lean mixtures, the NOX emissions go through the roof. Sounds like a recipe for lots of failed parts to me. I tend to listen to people carefully who have a long history and track record of success. People who spend most of their time actually testing things and reporting results, who talk little about their credentials and more time posting specific information that makes sense.

importsmasher 04-30-2024 10:02 AM

Maybe I'm missing something, but the first question that comes to my mind is how do you start an engine with that much timing? My cars have difficulty starting with ~15 degrees initial timing (they'll crank real slow). How does it work with 40-50 degrees?

Importsmasher