PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   THE LOBBY (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=467)
-   -   Pontiac Uprising!!! Sept 29, 30th Ark City, Kansas!!! (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=869386)

77 TRASHCAN 09-23-2023 04:51 PM

Pontiac Uprising!!! Sept 29, 30th Ark City, Kansas!!!

Ark City Kansas is again the site of the Pontiac Uprising!!!.
The last few years it's been held in Great Bend, KS. I REALLY enjoyed Grrat Bend!!!! That facility and the volunteers are awesome!!! It's a 5 hour drive for me. Ark City is much closer, thankfully.
Ark City was fairly well attended, but it's been quite a while since this event was held there.

Hope many can make it, next weekend.

I plan to be there...
Maybe. My Dad's brother passed, I may attend a memorial, IF my Dad decides to go, IF...

Dennis H. 09-23-2023 07:59 PM

A few of us from KC are planning on making it.

Jay S 09-26-2023 12:00 PM

My brother and I hope too be down there from Nebraska. Never been to that track before, 5 hrs or so for us. Seems like there are quite a few Pontiacs down in that Wichita area, hopefully they have a nice turn out.

Murf 09-26-2023 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennis H. (Post 6456369)
A few of us from KC are planning on making it.

Damn Dennis, I thought maybe you’d passed on! Haven’t seen ya in awhile.

Murf 09-26-2023 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay S (Post 6456917)
My brother and I hope too be down there from Nebraska. Never been to that track before, 5 hrs or so for us. Seems like there are quite a few Pontiacs down in that Wichita area, hopefully they have a nice turn out.

Leave early Jay. I’d like to have more than a couple words with you this time! 😁

Murf

muscle_collector 09-26-2023 07:39 PM

i went for the very first one and then however many years it was held at ark city and then when they moved it i got busy with kids and have never been back. i used to take a different car every year and had a few of them put on the next years shirts. always loved that event.

Dennis H. 09-27-2023 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murf (Post 6456941)
Damn Dennis, I thought maybe you’d passed on! Haven’t seen ya in awhile.

Yea, still kickin, hope you and your wife will be there, always looking forward to visiting with you both!

77 TRASHCAN 09-27-2023 12:46 PM

If any of you all run across a 64 year old guy wearing overalls, and a white pole shirt, it'll be me!!!
Jeff Bolton

I'm still waiting on a word from my Dad. His brother's memorial service is the 30th, also, in Kansas City...my Dad's 92 years old, and reasonably healthy. I do things with him, whenever he requests, he's not getting any younger.

77 TRASHCAN 10-07-2023 09:35 PM

I made it, although late, around 2:30...
Got to visit with Jay S., Rick Little (he has the greenish 65 full size wagon, he is Jim Hand's nephew).
Murf, I looked around for you, around 3:00, when they started racing, again...

I was only there for about an hour, but it was worth it!!!

Thanks to all that came!!!

Murf 10-07-2023 10:12 PM

Sorry we missed you Jeff. We were wondering where you were. We must of left to get some lunch about the time you got there.
Hope to see you next year.

Big Bear 10-07-2023 11:28 PM

Was watching this video last nite. Noticed Dill was there with the 65 Tempest gasser. Havent seen it since last year at Norwalk. Looks great painted https://youtu.be/1LB0hia2afc

77 TRASHCAN 10-08-2023 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murf (Post 6459586)
Sorry we missed you Jeff. We were wondering where you were. We must of left to get some lunch about the time you got there.
Hope to see you next year.

The only healthy motorsports friend that was willing to come lives about an hour southeast of Oklahoma City (I obviously loved there, long ago) we took 2 lane roads until nearly the Kansas border. It took way longer than I wanted.

There were likely others I missed. I did sop and chat with Tom Wilhite a bit, that's always a pleasure. I drove my TA to this event, likely in t h e 90's, looking forward to doing that, hopefully soon.

My physical well being is still improving, every day. I have been working since February. I'm very thankful to be doing that!!!

I hope the track electronics doesn't dampen folks' spirit from coming next year!!!