PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   60 & Older Pontiac TECH (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=426)
-   -   1960 floor mats (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=815685)

Ducks Goat 03-05-2018 12:25 AM

1960 floor mats

4 Attachment(s)
Are floor mats for the 60s being made by anyone? I just recently bought the wife a '60 Ventura 4 door hardtop. Has air ride added, power brakes and add on air , one repaint yrs ago but everything else is stock and original. Trying to locate some factory floor mats for it.

Stuart 03-05-2018 11:17 AM

Cool car!

I just looked at the online Ames catalog - they do have some carpet floor mats, but I didn't see any of the original style rubber floor mats listed for 1960. They do have rubber mats for 1961-1963 in black, blue and red, but I don't know if they'd fit correctly in a 1960 car.

It's interesting how similar the seat upholstery style is from 1960 to 1961 - my car has the same fawn color interior.

Ducks Goat 03-05-2018 03:06 PM

Thanks Stuart, I’m thinking the 59-60 has has different floor pan shape than the 61-63 due to the different frame designs. Personally I don’t care for the universal carpeted style. I gonna take a look at the full width Chevy style floor mats. I bought one for the 61 BelAir I had and I’m thinking I could just cut the Bow tie design part down flat and make it look decent.

stevep 03-05-2018 10:16 PM

I used the 1961 mats in 2 of my 60's with no issues.

Poncho60 03-06-2018 12:16 PM

If you get the later mats SteveP mentioned, the rear ones don't fit well in the Vista body due to the pillar post that supports the rear doors. I made a semi-circular cut on the corners of mine to make them fit better. If you are just getting the front set it won't matter.

Jack Gifford 03-07-2018 03:41 AM

... "bought it for the wife..."
:rolleyes:

Ducks Goat 03-07-2018 11:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The only downside to the '61 mats is the limited amount of colors available, red, blue, and black from what I've seen. Don't think any of those would look good with the Fawn interior.

Yes Jack it was bought for the wife lol. I am very fortunate to have a wife that's into the hobby 100%. When we first started dating she pretty much took over my '50 Ford, stroked flathead, 3 speed on the column, manual brakes and steering, along with still being 6 volt. She has drove the hell out of that car. She has been wanting an early '60's four door for years now, preferably a wagon but a decent driver for a good price anywhere near us is like finding hen's teeth. Once she saw this '60 she pretty much fell in love with it and my wallet got lighter. Another great thing about my wife is that she has the ability to weld, better than me, and isn't afraid to turn some wrenches. So I consider myself lucky. Here's a pic of her installing a M and H electronic ignition kit into our '61, she'd kill me if she knew I posted it but its just a little proof of her involvement lol.

Jack Gifford 03-08-2018 02:42 AM

oooooohhhhhhhhh.... you're in trouble now!!!!!!!!!!