PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   66-67 GTO Tempest & LeMans TECH (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=430)
-   -   Glovebox Door Color (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=814068)

vidguy 01-19-2018 06:24 PM

Glovebox Door Color

A car with a 224 code (Parchment) interior. Should the inside of the Glovebox door be Parchment also?

400 4spd. 01-19-2018 07:12 PM

Yes.

vidguy 01-19-2018 08:04 PM

So, in a 67 GTO 224 car The metal dash is Parchment?

My car was ordered as a 224 Car.

It has had its black interior and its black top since the 80's.
I'm bringing it back to Parchment. But the Glovebox and dash are certainly original and both are black.

When I posted I was thinking that the Metal Dash was Parchment also.. Now I think not

400 4spd. 01-19-2018 09:54 PM

I agree with what you're saying about a black dash with parchment. I mistook your question being along the line of, would the inside of the glove box door be different than the outside.

Longs 01-20-2018 11:31 AM

My '67 GTO has the original Parchment interior. The dash, carpet, and glovebox are black. The inside of the glovebox is black.

vidguy 01-20-2018 01:41 PM

Thanks Guys. I have my Legendary interior on order. I think it will be worth it.

geeteeohguy 01-20-2018 04:01 PM

The glovebox and dash and steering column and steering wheel and carpeting are all black on Parchment interior '66-'67 GTO's. And the metal on the A-pillars, door tops, and seat backs are Cameo Ivory, not parchment colored. Many make the mistake of getting parchment colored paint and applying it. It matches the seats and door panels, but is not correct.

60sstuff 01-20-2018 07:47 PM

67 Parchment interior

1 Attachment(s)
Nice!

vidguy 01-21-2018 03:19 PM

Yes that's the look.. My Wife likes it black. But. I'll like this.

The Top is black and it's in super shape. But I'll replace that also...

vidguy 01-21-2018 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeteeohguy (Post 5836584)
The glovebox and dash and steering column and steering wheel and carpeting are all black on Parchment interior '66-'67 GTO's. And the metal on the A-pillars, door tops, and seat backs are Cameo Ivory, not parchment colored. Many make the mistake of getting parchment colored paint and applying it. It matches the seats and door panels, but is not correct.

I think I saw you recommend Wimbledon White in another post? Maybe it wasnt you. But it was recommended by a few folks here.

I picked up a can of that and when the time comes I'll check it out.
I can find a few spots where the Parchment paint on the doors is still visible behind the panel.

geeteeohguy 01-21-2018 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidguy (Post 5836943)
I think I saw you recommend Wimbledon White in another post? Maybe it wasnt you. But it was recommended by a few folks here.

I picked up a can of that and when the time comes I'll check it out.
I can find a few spots where the Parchment paint on the doors is still visible behind the panel.

That was indeed me. Same color. In fact, I used Wimbleton White on my own '67 back in '93 when I changed from gold to parchment! It's a rich, creme colored white, not refrigerator white, and not ivory, like parchment.

GT182 01-24-2018 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidguy (Post 5836524)
Thanks Guys. I have my Legendary interior on order. I think it will be worth it.

Very smart move as Legendary's interiors are as close to stock as you can get. PUI's are so so, and Distinctive Design's are crap. As for the last one I mentioned, I know that for a fact as my front seat covers are no where close to looking original. They came with the car when I bought it back in 2007. Back seat is original to the car and in beautiful shape as no one has ever ridden in the backseat. Someday soon I hope they'll be changed to Legendary. Hopefully this Spring or Summer.