PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   THE LOBBY (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=467)
-   -   What's your most recent or next concert? (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=762185)

The Boss 10-02-2014 10:07 AM

What's your most recent or next concert?

1 Attachment(s)
I was just re-reading an old thread on first concerts - http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=660565

What's your most recent one or your next one?

Early last month I took my daughter & two of her friends to see Magic Man, Walk the Moon & Panic at the Disco in Tom's River NJ. Yes, that's my girl with the set list! :D

This month we're going to see Limp Bizkit at the Oakdale Theatre Dome and in November we're going to see Fitz & the Tantrums at the same GREAT venue!

So what have you seen recently or going to?

Don Keefe 10-02-2014 10:15 AM

I missed the kickoff of the 2014 Judas Priest tour here in Rochester due to back trouble but I am looking forward to seeing my son's band, Slut Week, play at the California Brew Haus on Saturday night. They are pretty good and a lot of fun to watch. Rob is quite the front man with his new Pontiac tattoo.

1968firebird455 10-02-2014 11:12 AM

Just saw Social Distortion @ House of Blues Cleveland a couple weeks ago. We saw The Gaslight Anthem at the same venue earlier in the year. I usually make it to 3 or 4 concerts a year depending on who comes to town and how it fits in my schedule.

Racer81x 10-02-2014 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Boss (Post 5280630)
I was just re-reading an old thread on first concerts - http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=660565

What's your most recent one or your next one?

Early last month I took my daughter & two of her friends to see Magic Man, Walk the Moon & Panic at the Disco in Tom's River NJ. Yes, that's my girl with the set list! :D

This month we're going to see Limp Bizkit at the Oakdale Theatre Dome and in November we're going to see Fitz & the Tantrums at the same GREAT venue!

So what have you seen recently or going to?

Om my god Limp Bizkit is still around, haven't heard anything from them for 10+ years thought they dropped off the face of the earth, or at least should have.

nytrainer 10-02-2014 11:55 AM

Took my, now 17 year old, son (at his request) to see Everclear, Weezer and Soul Asylum this summer. I guess me playing grunge, rock, blues, etc during his formative years sunk in (I also play in different bands). Not sure his friends are into the same music but that's OK by me. As long as he's not into rap crap. Wouldn't sound right coming out of the speakers in his '68 convertible anyway. Lately he's been into Motley Crue...go figure lol.

400 4spd. 10-02-2014 12:03 PM

Last one for me was about three years ago, the Moody Blues at DPAC.

Cerberus 10-02-2014 12:08 PM

For me it was Slayer, performing the Reign in Blood album in it's entirety about 10 years ago. Opening act was Hatebreed. Awesome show, it was in a small venue - I was ~ 20 feet from the stage the entire time.

Getting old, I used to go to ~ a concert per month.

David Jones 10-02-2014 12:14 PM

Probably ZZ Top at the BJCC in the early 80's. Possibly George Thorogood and the Destroyers at the Alabama Theatre around the same time.

The Boss 10-02-2014 12:48 PM

David, you need to get out more! ;)

Weezer's playing at the Bowery Ballroom - what a great venue! Might have to add that to the list! :D

Keith Seymore 10-02-2014 01:03 PM

I hear every concert from the DTE Energy Music Theatre (formerly known as Pine Knob).

We are within shouting distance, so we hear everything if the bedroom windows are open (and if the wind is from the right direction). ;)

My son and I were planning to see the Black Keys in Detroit back in September but a wedding and baby shower messed up our plans.

K

Keith Seymore 10-02-2014 01:04 PM

I woulda done ZZ Top/Jeff Beck at Pine Knob except Dusty Hill fell on the tour bus and hurt his hip and they canceled the rest of the tour. :(

K

69goatboy 10-02-2014 01:29 PM

Queensryche/Dream Theater about 8-10 years ago at Annie's in Cincy (a local bar/concert hall (about 4,000 people max)).

Stuart 10-02-2014 01:31 PM

Outside of Minnesota Orchestra or St. Paul Chamber Orchestra concerts, the last rock/blues kind of thing I went to was John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers ten or fifteen years ago.

nytrainer 10-02-2014 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Boss (Post 5280693)
David, you need to get out more! ;)

Weezer's playing at the Bowery Ballroom - what a great venue! Might have to add that to the list! :D

Bowery show is already sold out. Might want to try Foxwoods in CT on the 24th

Deadhead 10-02-2014 02:18 PM

Hot Tuna. Not too long ago. Dark Star Orchestra or Infamous String Dusters will likely be my next.

Icefan71 10-02-2014 02:46 PM

This past weekend I saw a one man band in a dive bar in Driftwood, Pa. It was truly awful. The last big concert I went to was Aerosmith back in 1994-ish. I love metal, but I don't think my ears could take a concert anymore.

2002Z4CSS 10-02-2014 03:08 PM

A year ago July I wnet to the Ford Field and saw Jake Giles. They opened up for Bon Jovi. My work gave me free tickets. Worth $120 each. I just had to stand in line for over 2 hours to get them. At least I was on the clock. :)

GRNMTGOAT 10-02-2014 04:46 PM

Fleetwood Mac in Boston, April 18 2013. Two days after the Boston Marathon bombing,the Watertown firefight took place during the concert and when we came out Boston was in 'lockdown'

Sidponcho 10-02-2014 04:47 PM

If you dig guitar work, KENNY WAYNE SHEPHERD is a must see

moneypit 10-02-2014 04:57 PM

Jeff Beck, ZZ top next May, Robert Johnson's Soul Fri night at Giddyups in Austin. My band plays 10/18 at Gold Crown in San Marcos.