PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   69-71 Judges only TECH (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=434)
-   -   Vintage '69 Pics (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=764039)

Judge-1969 11-02-2014 02:59 PM

Vintage '69 Pics

1 Attachment(s)
Back when I got my 69 CR Judge I also got a book of old pictures from when my friend got the car. He had contact with the previous owners was able to get some cool pics from the early 70's of the car. Seeing these old pictures are just to cool! Just wanted to share!

judgeman6970 11-02-2014 03:22 PM

Great pic. Stripe delete??:)

Judge-1969 11-02-2014 03:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Last week I was also going through some old photo albums my parents had when I came across this picture of my uncle's '69. I do not know much about the car other than he bought it used in the early '70's and it was a Ram Air III with a 4 speed. And by the looks of the pic it had the parchment interior. I have contacted my uncle to try and get the story on the car or at least what he recalls about it. I am not sure if he has the vin # but I thought it would be neat to try and find out if the car still exists. From what my dad has told me, he remembers my uncle beatin' the heck out of it and trading it in on a truck. Pretty sad....

Judge-1969 11-02-2014 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by judgeman6970 (Post 5297717)
Great pic. Stripe delete??:)

The story I got was that the old guy in the picture bought the car and didn't like the stripe or the other decals and had them removed. He said "they were too gaudy"! LOL

I believe he was also a preacher!

:)

pacekar 11-02-2014 07:34 PM

i love this stuff :popcorn:

Judge273 11-03-2014 07:16 AM

I was told that the original owner didn't want a orange one. So, he ordered this one with a stick and a IV in it...

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/l...e/DSCF1867.jpg

Tellyshavilli 11-03-2014 12:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Both Orbit Orange /black int RAIV 4 spds judges

Judge273 11-06-2014 07:26 AM

Not sure what vintage it is. But, hats off to the the guys who design the Judge package. Otherwise, we would never see this kind of interpretation.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/l...ps08f27f1f.jpg

Judge-1969 11-06-2014 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judge273 (Post 5299925)
Not sure what vintage it is. But, hats off to the the guys who design the Judge package. Otherwise, we would never see this kind of interpretation.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/l...ps08f27f1f.jpg

LOL That's vintage for sure! Gold metal flake paint is retro all the way! I like how the front fender has "The Judge" bursting right out of it! :third:

starlightblack 11-06-2014 03:12 PM

It's 'My Science Project' come to life

http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/a...psfdbca884.jpg

muscle_collector 11-12-2014 11:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
judge-1969 (sorry I don't know your name) I have been digging out some old pics lately from when I moved years ago. I found this one of when dave came to pick the car up from me. he brought his friend big dave . did you know him also??? hope you enjoy it.

roundportponchos 11-14-2014 05:57 PM

judge

Was Dave, from Wisconsin, I think, he has passed away..

69geeto 11-14-2014 06:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
One of 4 pictures I took of my old Judge. Midnight Green.

muscle_collector 11-14-2014 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundportponchos (Post 5304621)
Was Dave, from Wisconsin, I think, he has passed away..

yes dave passed away. that is how judge1969 got this judge. dave willed it to him.

I remember dave standing next to it in my building and telling me that he promised he would keep it until he died and never sell it. he kept his word on that, but we never thought it would come so soon.

Uncle Judge 11-14-2014 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscle_collector (Post 5304695)
yes dave passed away. that is how judge1969 got this judge. dave willed it to him.

I remember dave standing next to it in my building and telling me that he promised he would keep it until he died and never sell it. he kept his word on that, but we never thought it would come so soon.

And another Dave right next to him! There is a not a week that goes by that myself and some close local friends do not think about him. I had known him since High school. A great guy and very sadly missed. We had some great times together at the T/A Nats through the years. Unfortunately, he was taken wayyy too early.
He left all of his cars, his building, and home to his friends. We all have some Dave Techtmann rememberences.

Judge-1969 11-14-2014 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscle_collector (Post 5303653)
judge-1969 (sorry I don't know your name) I have been digging out some old pics lately from when I moved years ago. I found this one of when dave came to pick the car up from me. he brought his friend big dave . did you know him also??? hope you enjoy it.

Cool pic! If this was around 1990...I didn't meet Dave until 1993. I did not know the other guy big Dave. I'm sure he mentioned him though in the past to me. Thanks for sharing!

Judge-1969 11-15-2014 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69geeto (Post 5304671)
One of 4 pictures I took of my old Judge. Midnight Green.

Awesome! Was that a vinyl top car? I came across another guy here in Wisconsin with a '69 CR Ram Air IV with a vinyl top. There can't be too many of those around....

Judge-1969 11-15-2014 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Judge (Post 5304728)
And another Dave right next to him! There is a not a week that goes by that myself and some close local friends do not think about him. I had known him since High school. A great guy and very sadly missed. We had some great times together at the T/A Nats through the years. Unfortunately, he was taken wayyy too early.
He left all of his cars, his building, and home to his friends. We all have some Dave Techtmann rememberences.

I agree...I think about Dave often. He was an incredibly talented, genuine, all around great person. His passing made me change the way I look at many things in my life. For me, there is no way I could ever see another Pontiac and not think of him. I hope someday I will be able to make the same kind of impact he was able to make on people in my life. Wish he was still here... :(

MCronkGTO 11-15-2014 12:31 AM

2 Attachment(s)
While looking for a Judge recently came across this picture in an ad. Car was originally purchased in South Florida and this shot was from the original owner. Second picture is car still in South Florida.

muscle_collector 11-15-2014 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Judge (Post 5304728)

hey jeff, what ever happened to the other dave in the picture? I always knew him as big dave. first time I met him I think he had just won a look alike contest for norm on cheers. do you remember that????