PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   THE LOBBY (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=467)
-   -   Olivia Newton-John (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=860655)

66sprint6 08-08-2022 05:02 PM

Olivia Newton-John

So sorry to hear of her passing. Even though I was never a huge fan, I watched the movie Grease quite a few times. She always seemed to be a classy lady. RIP.
As these people that were icons in my life pass away closer to my age, I'm reminded of my own mortality. I guess that's why I post the loss, to make me feel better.

The Champ 08-08-2022 06:38 PM

She was one of my female artist favorites while stationed in Germany from 1974 - 77. Obviously we enjoyed her tremendously in Grease.

5 years my senior, but will admit to thinking she was "hot" back in the day.

She was a multiple time cancer survivor, but it finally caught up with her.

RIP ONJ.

71GP76TA 08-08-2022 07:32 PM

I always had a big crush on her.. :D

RIP

Half-Inch Stud 08-08-2022 08:17 PM

Olivia NJ died at age 73. Seems rather young.

Stuart 08-08-2022 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Half-Inch Stud (Post 6362895)
Seems rather young.

Cancer doesn't care how old you are. She had been battling it for years.

carcrazy 08-09-2022 01:13 PM

RIP...thanks for the memories!

kingbuzzo 08-09-2022 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 71GP76TA (Post 6362869)
I always had a big crush on her.. :D

RIP

Same here...and my first one at that.... RIP

Formulabruce 08-10-2022 10:52 AM

Have been a fan a long time, which got me curious how she beat cancer and her strategy. It involved Not feeding it.
Cancerous organs are always Acidic, and Sugar in your body makes acid. She has like 30 years after her diagnosis first occurred.
Apple cider vinegar Will get organs to their correct PH.
Which is slightly alkaline in most cases.
Fatty tissue can be a source which dissolved is acidic.
She did an extreme amount of research and made a believer out of many in her fight

59safaricat 08-11-2022 04:36 PM

Neither her music or movies are my cup of tea (never saw Grease and don't care to) but most claim she was a good human being. Although most men would disagree, she doesn't get an automatic pass in my book just because she was born with an attractive body.

poncho-mike 08-11-2022 09:15 PM

I saw her in Charlotte in Fall 1982 on the Get Physical tour.

I graduated college in May 1982 and started work. Another recent graduate hired on about the same time and we became friends. He moved to Charlotte from out of state, and was maintaining a long distance relationship with a girlfriend who was still in college. She was a big Olivia Newton John fan, so he bought two tickets and planned to take her to the show. He found out she was cheating about a week before the show, so they broke up. He tried to sell the tickets and had no takers, so he asked me if I wanted to go. It was a free concert, I was all in. I thought it was a pretty good show, she was defnitely an attractive lady. We both caught a bunch of crap from our co-workers about going.

Lightfoot 08-12-2022 12:51 AM

Long time fan of her records, up to, but not including the Let's Get Physical megahit.
I remember when the movie Grease was all the rage and I didn't really want to go see it because it seemed like a teen-age fan girl flick. Eventually my curiousity got the best of me when I had a chance to see it at a low cost second run theater. I thought I would probably hate it but it turned out to be pretty entertaining. I came out of it having a bigger crush for Didi Conn than I did for ONJ, lol. And that still stands.

Anyway, I like her older songs the best. One of her number one hits that you never hear on the radio anymore (for decades) is Have You Never Been Mellow. Well, that was one I didn't care much for but if i were to play it on You-Tube I would get a pleasant flashback of being in Driver's Ed because it was constantly being played on the radio while we were getting our driving time in (spring 1975).

poncho-mike 08-12-2022 12:00 PM

Your reply brought back memories. The two songs I remember hearing constantly during Driver's Ed was Brand New Key and American Pie. That was fall of 1972. Brand New Key was definitely one of those songs that could get stuck in your head.

I lived in a rural county, so our Driver's Ed teacher took us into Charlotte for a exerience driving in traffic. That ended after one of the students was involved in an accident.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lightfoot (Post 6363907)
Long time fan of her records, up to, but not including the Let's Get Physical megahit.
I remember when the movie Grease was all the rage and I didn't really want to go see it because it seemed like a teen-age fan girl flick. Eventually my curiousity got the best of me when I had a chance to see it at a low cost second run theater. I thought I would probably hate it but it turned out to be pretty entertaining. I came out of it having a bigger crush for Didi Conn than I did for ONJ, lol. And that still stands.

Anyway, I like her older songs the best. One of her number one hits that you never hear on the radio anymore (for decades) is Have You Never Been Mellow. Well, that was one I didn't care much for but if i were to play it on You-Tube I would get a pleasant flashback of being in Driver's Ed because it was constantly being played on the radio while we were getting our driving time in (spring 1975).

Skip Fix 08-12-2022 05:29 PM

She had a concert at my college (when we had home football games we had concerts of many of the big names in the 70s). Thought she was a knock out and a great voice.

kingbuzzo 08-13-2022 11:19 AM

This thread is not helping getting that Xuanadoo song out of my head all week...lol

Cliff R 08-14-2022 09:18 AM

"I always had a big crush on her.."

Me first!

RIP.......

indymanjoe 08-14-2022 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingbuzzo (Post 6364234)
This thread is not helping getting that Xuanadoo song out of my head all week...lol

Have a street by me named xanado ct i couldnt live there lol

newmexguy 08-15-2022 08:00 AM

"Xanadu" (1980) was a crappy movie but had a great soundtrack. Believe ELO's Jeff Lynne had a major part in producing it. Several ELO songs were on it. Album produced at least one Billboard #1, as recalled, John's "Magic" and the title track did get into the top ten. There was also a duet with Cliff Richard "Suddenly" that certainly seems schmaltzy today, but certainly liked it then as a geeky 15 year old kid.

kingbuzzo 08-15-2022 10:11 AM

Roller skating is a rock solid plot foundation...lol...I'd watch it again (embarassed moticon)