PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   70-73 Firebird & TA TECH (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=437)
-   -   Brewster does drive it..... (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=673199)

Norwood 08-07-2011 11:07 AM

Brewster does drive it.....

The 4sp hits the road in Norwalk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AfjtyxNTcs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElPNbBWrcdE

SD73 08-07-2011 11:27 AM

Come on. That's like saying you're part of a rock band when all you're doing is playing Guitar Hero. I wanted to see some chicken stomping! Joking aside, thanks for posting! I know someone with a Brewster 4spd SD that lets it sits in his garage too, so it's nice to see them out in the wild every now and again.

muscle_collector 08-07-2011 05:47 PM

that is a stunningly beautiful car, but i could have gotten more excitement out of riding in a 6 cylinder espirit. slam some gears. trailer queens SUCK. that is why i have gotten rid of almost all of mine.

J GLASGO 08-07-2011 05:54 PM

I looked that car over Saturday.It is one sweet ride,and was ordered just right! Very nice car! My favorite of the whole show.

Formulabruce 08-08-2011 02:00 AM

The first Video was like waiting for a shuttle launch!
nice stuff!!

Norwood 08-08-2011 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscle_collector (Post 4385526)
that is a stunningly beautiful car, but i could have gotten more excitement out of riding in a 6 cylinder espirit. slam some gears. trailer queens SUCK. that is why i have gotten rid of almost all of mine.

Muscle Collector, That is why Brew has two cars one for driving and one for showing.

You just gave yourself a challenge as I see it. Brew's 4sp car is restored to the highest level, it is if not the top Trans Am in the country it is in the picture. Please take the BEST car that you own and post up some video of you RIPPEN it up like these cars did in the 70's. Can't wait to see them........:)

superdutybob 08-08-2011 08:20 AM

I never thought we would see the day! Congratulations Brew! Car looks good as usual. Sorry I missed the event.

muscle_collector 08-08-2011 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norwood (Post 4385841)
Muscle Collector, That is why Brew has two cars one for driving and one for showing.

You just gave yourself a challenge as I see it. Brew's 4sp car is restored to the highest level, it is if not the top Trans Am in the country it is in the picture. Please take the BEST car that you own and post up some video of you RIPPEN it up like these cars did in the 70's. Can't wait to see them........:)

norwood, i didnt say anything about the quality of that car other than it was beautiful. however, you dont know me at all and the people who do, will attest to me tearing the living s&*t out of any of the cars i take out and drive. i would have to dig out pictures (that have been stored away since i moved), but a good case in point is when i owned the 69 t/a convert. the car was as nice as that sd car and i drove the living daylights out of it. at the indian uprising in ark city kansas i burned the tires all the way down the 1/4 mile track. i let several of my friends drive it and smoke the tires as hard as the car would do it. so dont tell me i wont take any car and drive the s&*t out of it. as for the trailer queens, i personally think they suck. my opinion. that is why over the last several years i have been selling off most all of my trailer queens and dont want anymore of them.

Norwood 08-08-2011 09:57 AM

You are 100 % correct I don't know you and you don't know me, I'm really not sure what that has to do with anything. Got any Video of that 69 vert? I did not tell you that you wouldn't do just that I just asked to see some video of you doing it. :).

blue71ta 08-08-2011 10:34 AM

is that Duane doing the filming?

weranc55 08-08-2011 11:09 AM

I give Brew credit for actually driving the car and even more credit for taking it to so many shows. There are a lot of people who will not take thier restored cars to shows because it is a pain in the a s. If it was mine it probable would not be on the road. Everyone knows trailer queens do not get driven because you hurt the value of the car to much. They are great to look at. Its stupid to beat the crap out of a #'s matching trailer queen. If you want to beat the crap out of something do it in a nice driver with a SR motor.

muscle_collector 08-08-2011 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weranc55 (Post 4386081)
I give Brew credit for actually driving the car and even more credit for taking it to so many shows. There are a lot of people who will not take thier restored cars to shows because it is a pain in the a s. If it was mine it probable would not be on the road. Everyone knows trailer queens do not get driven because you hurt the value of the car to much. They are great to look at. Its stupid to beat the crap out of a #'s matching trailer queen. If you want to beat the crap out of something do it in a nice driver with a SR motor.

"stupid" use a SR block, if you know how to drive you dont need to worry about blowing it up. i guess if you built the car just to show it and built it way better than it was built new, then you would have the thought of not driving it. i used to do the same, but when i changed my mind about trailer queens was one day i walked into my garage and smelled gas. i started looking under each car and found the source at the other end, the 69 t/a convert. leaking at the tank on the fuel line. as i was laying under it, i realized that it was getting dusty just sitting and not even driving it. i got my electromagnetic blah blah blah duster and started trying to carefully dust on top of the rear end and realized the only way to remove it completely was to wash it. if i did that, i would ruin all the gm tags on all the nos items that were put on it when it was over restored. that is when i decided to "screw" trying to maintain a perfect car and took it out and drove it like it was meant to be driven and i did until the day it was loaded on the transport truck when i sold it.

as for brewsters t/a, let me make it clear. that is the best looking sd t/a you could look at. it is my favorite color combo and the no console is icing on the cake. never for one moment was i cutting down that car. i just would love to have seen him open it up and bang some gears.

as for some pics of me smoking the tires on the t/a convert at the drag strip, see if any of the kansas members might have taken some, i unfortunately couldnt take pics and drive at the same time. i do have a video of us going over 100 mph down the road with the top down. it is on the old 8mm tape and i dont have a camera capable of playing it. i will see about taking it and having it put on a disc or something. can walmart do it or do i need to take it to a professional place???

74 SD455 Formula 08-08-2011 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue71ta (Post 4386045)
is that Duane doing the filming?

No,
It's craig... Are't you suppose to be working now ???????

Held for Ransom 08-08-2011 04:28 PM

Funny, I didn't see it at Norwalk. I did see that silver car, tho.
I even got to ride in a yellow SD.

JohnJudge 08-08-2011 05:11 PM

Hey Norwood and Brewster! That was Alan (Elevatorman51) and myself (JohnJudge) talking to you guys in the first you-tube video. Awesome car! Glad he took it out and enjoyed...

Lloyd-TX 08-08-2011 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norwood (Post 4385290)

OK guys - I'm speechless . . .

Thanks for the ride, Brew, and thanks for the videos Craig!

elevatorman51 08-08-2011 05:27 PM

Great car, Looks even better in person!

J GLASGO 08-08-2011 06:01 PM

I have already said how much i love the car. Was it just me,or was i the only one waiting for at least a little display of SD power?

Norwood 08-08-2011 06:39 PM

You can't be to carful on those Bias ply tires...... It was good to meet so many at my first Norwalk. We are already planning on a motorhome next year so the party won't stop.

muscle_collector 08-08-2011 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J GLASGO (Post 4386495)
I have already said how much i love the car. Was it just me,or was i the only one waiting for at least a little display of SD power?

go up a few posts to my post and the one above it. we all wanted to see it.