PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   67-69 Firebird TECH (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=432)
-   -   69 Basket Case Bird - Need some help with Headlight Harness Routing (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=866951)

69Nok 05-30-2023 10:35 AM

69 Basket Case Bird - Need some help with Headlight Harness Routing

2 Attachment(s)
Questions for the team. Trying to figure out the correct routing of the healight harness and ground location on the basket case bird. That particular page on the manual is so faded I cannot tell exactly where things go. Here’s a couple of pix of the areas in question. Thanks in advance.

JLMounce 05-30-2023 10:44 AM

The forward light harness runs atop the passenger inner fender well and has I believe one or two push clips that slot into holes on the wheel house cover itself. The Grounds attach to the upper filler plate of the nose section. There should be notches there that the grounds come up through the bottom. They will be located about 4-5" inboard of the fenders.

Based on your pictures and the current status of front end construction, I would simply lay that harness out in its general location for now. When you get the driver wheel tub in place, you can run the harness there. When the front end goes on, you can complete the harness there.

69Nok 05-30-2023 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLMounce (Post 6430422)
The forward light harness runs atop the passenger inner fender well and has I believe one or two push clips that slot into holes on the wheel house cover itself. The Grounds attach to the upper filler plate of the nose section. There should be notches there that the grounds come up through the bottom. They will be located about 4-5" inboard of the fenders.

Based on your pictures and the current status of front end construction, I would simply lay that harness out in its general location for now. When you get the driver wheel tub in place, you can run the harness there. When the front end goes on, you can complete the harness there.

Thanks for the response. I'm really looking for specifics in the areas pictured. Pass side there are a few locations where the push clip on the harness can be installed to the core support of the extension. It appears that the grounds loop around to the opposite side (radiator side) of the core support (over? under?) the extension and a screw into one of several similar sized holes to attach.
Driver side, yeah fender well is the easy part.. Same as pas side for the grounds and it kind of looks like the push clip of the harness itself goes into the hole halfway up the extension sot he harness would go up and over the extension at that point?

RAJ7395 05-31-2023 10:19 PM

I highly recommend that you purchase a factory assembly manual for the 69 firebird. It has detailed images along with the part numbers.

69Nok 06-01-2023 02:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by RAJ7395 (Post 6430710)
I highly recommend that you purchase a factory assembly manual for the 69 firebird. It has detailed images along with the part numbers.

Yeah, here's the page showing the installation.

dpoltzer 06-14-2023 09:43 AM

Finished?

69Nok, did you get your harness installed? Can we get a few pics of it completed as I am right where you were a few weeks ago. I have a digital copy of the Assembly Manual but pics are small and grainy so not much help. Thx. Dave

69Nok 06-14-2023 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpoltzer (Post 6433394)
69Nok, did you get your harness installed? Can we get a few pics of it completed as I am right where you were a few weeks ago. I have a digital copy of the Assembly Manual but pics are small and grainy so not much help. Thx. Dave

I got my questions answered. That page of the manual - SUCKS.

Thanks