PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   THE LOBBY (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=467)
-   -   What did you do to your Pontiac Lately? (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=849348)

camerjeff 03-26-2021 06:46 PM

What did you do to your Pontiac Lately?

4 Attachment(s)
I have been searching for a set of Street Edition wheels for my 2009 Solstice coupe for about a year now. Got lucky and found a set. Those and the blacked out headlights complete the outside of my 1 of none Street Edition coupe
1st picture is the original non polished 2009 wheels, the 2nd is the Street Edition Wheels mounted. 3rd Picture is the original chrome headlights, 4th is with the Blackened headlights used on the Street Edition and Turbo Coupes only.

Lets see what every one has been up to lately!

jerry455 03-26-2021 07:18 PM

Beautiful car Jeff. They should have made more of the hardtops.

GT182 03-26-2021 07:28 PM

Now that's one to hang on to for a long time. Instant collector's car. Looks sweet, but how in hell do you see out of it. :rolleyes: ;)

I've only seen one, in grey, that's in this area, and plated for Delaware. Right in the area of it's birth place. The GM plant is gone and in it's place.... a freekin Amazon warehouse that takes up more room than the GM plant did. It even covers where the Anchor Mtr Frt terminal and garage was, and the loading area to get them out to the dealers.

tooski 03-26-2021 09:46 PM

Put second gen door mirrors on my 68, installed driver's door hinge pin bushings & detent plate, installed drive shaft safety loop, rebuilt Quadrajet per Cliff's kit & recipe (testing & adjustments, if needed, in better weather).

OG68 03-26-2021 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooski (Post 6237089)
Put second gen door mirrors on my 68, installed driver's door hinge pin bushings & detent plate, installed drive shaft safety loop, rebuilt Quadrajet per Cliff's kit & recipe (testing & adjustments, if needed, in better weather).

You must have some really long days up North lol.

moneypit 03-26-2021 10:35 PM

3 Attachment(s)
New engine in the 37. Getting close, just need to wire up the new fan controller and put the front end back on. Hopefully this weekend!

Jonsie 03-26-2021 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OG68 (Post 6237090)
You must have some really long days up North lol.

Man, aint that the truth..........................

Jack Gifford 03-27-2021 12:32 AM

Which Pontiac?
My '59 GMC/Pontiac came out of storage, got a set of air shocks with onboard pump/controller, and a new pinion seal on the Posi rear end.
Crossed a few things off the list for the Pontiac powered lakester.
Replaced the alternator belt on the Wangers' Bandit Suburban.

Lemans64 03-27-2021 01:04 AM

Did manage to get mine fired up for the 1st time this year. Not out of the garage yet though, close. Did get my one of my LED tail lights fixed.
Have some other stuff to install yet, Global west Bump steer arms, and a New proforged center link. Then will do another alignment, Have a new machine at
work to try out on the Lemans. Also have a new turn signal switch that needs to get installed, have had it for a few years, LOL. Old one does not cancel all the time and
then the left brake light does not work when I forget to make sure it got centered. Hopefully get her out on the road soon.
Weather is starting to warm up and have seen a few rides out already.

Chris65LeMans 03-27-2021 01:22 AM

Finally got my brakes put back together after quite an ordeal. Then discovered I had zero compression in cylinders 2 and 4. Off for rebuilding go the heads.

Drag Star Le Mans 03-27-2021 01:26 AM

Rowed the gears in my 73 Formula 400 4spd. Smoked the tires the 69 GTO. Sold the 63 LeMans and nearly sold nearly sold my 544127 SD heads. Good times!

OCMDGTO 03-27-2021 07:30 AM

2 Attachment(s)
New plugs and air filter and drove to the track for the first time this year. Got my best 60', et, & mph but not all on the same run. Great day!

camerjeff 03-27-2021 12:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Glad to see some of us are getting back on the road, money pit that looks like it is going to be quite the ride when its done!

Jack, you are like me to many projects going at once!

I also swapped out the worn cloth seats for a set of decent black leather seats a couple of weeks ago on the coupe

Ben M. 03-27-2021 01:30 PM

Mine are in storage waiting for some work to get done and then transported to my new house. Very very slow progress due to medical issues.

66beaumont 03-27-2021 01:53 PM

Have my motor ready to pull. Dropped out the th400 and currently fitting the new TKX. Once I know it clears tunnel will pull engine for a clean up and replace leaking oil pan. Looks like tunnel will need a little hammer work only and tranny should fit nicely

jerry455 03-27-2021 05:00 PM

Adding power locks to my 76 Firebird. Just finished my RetroSound stereo and speaker installation. Sounds awesome.

geeteeohguy 03-27-2021 05:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Cleaned and adjusted the driver's side window regulator that I had mistakenly lubed with white lith grease years ago and it was locked up. Works fine now. Took it out on errands today and banged some gears. I've had this one for 39 years and never get tired of it.

Jeff Hamlin 03-27-2021 05:04 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Keeping it in working order and driving it every chance I get...

Today was some of the first steps back to NORMAL and friggen long overdue!!

JLBIII 03-27-2021 05:29 PM

Pulled alternator to have new bearings put in, replaced fuel pump, fixed choke. Have a new set of rear leaf springs and sub-frame connectors ready to go in.

1_Wild_Cat 03-27-2021 06:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Still having the metal finishing done to bring the body into shape...Ordered 4-gallons sprayable of epoxy primer. Hoping to get the epoxy on the metal as soon as temperatures allow.

https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com...1&d=1616882590