PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   69-71 Judges only TECH (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=434)
-   -   my 70 Judge update (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=812159)

6804gto 11-23-2017 08:11 PM

my 70 Judge update

4 Attachment(s)
Thought I would post some pics of my 70 Judge I bought this summer .
I originally did not plan to do much to the car but it had a 80,s repaint that looked good from 20' but up close was showing some bodywork sins. I decided last month to redo it and put the correct color stripes back on it. The original owner went with a different color judge stripe when it was repainted in the 80,s.
So far the body has been pretty decent except for the usual bottom of fender rust. The drivers side quarter was replaced with a nos gm panal when the car was repainted. Its still really nice after i stripped the paint off. I had to put a small replacement section over the the passenger side quarter wheel well . Hopefully will have the body ready for paint in another month or so. will try to post more pics as I make progress on it

Heres the original post when I bought the car this summer
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=807604

300deluxe 11-23-2017 11:49 PM

I had a Sierra yellow 70 Judge, AC, auto, black interior in the 90's, I sold it to a collector in Iowa.

The Boss 11-24-2017 07:58 AM

That's some nice looking metal!

6804gto 12-14-2017 09:58 PM

70 Judge restoration

3 Attachment(s)
Making a little more progress on the 70.
Have all the panels in epoxy / high build primer. Hopefully will be putting body on rotisserie in next week or so then I can refinish the underside/floors.
Will try to update then.
Brent

OCMDGTO 12-15-2017 09:27 AM

Looking good, Brent!

1969 Ram Air 12-15-2017 03:32 PM

That metal looks super nice.

brians 12-15-2017 06:26 PM

Nice work and also nice shop

6804gto 12-16-2017 11:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks guys.. Most of the sheetmetal was pretty nice with the exception of usual lower corner fenders rust. Also had to replace a section over the passenger side wheel well. Floors are really solid with the exception of one small area on drivers side front floor. Hopefully will make some more progress in the next couple weeks.

Jerry H. 12-17-2017 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6804gto (Post 5821800)
Making a little more progress on the 70.
Have all the panels in epoxy / high build primer. Hopefully will be putting body on rotisserie in next week or so then I can refinish the underside/floors.
Will try to update then.
Brent

Looking good! That color reminds me of the old lacquer primer that I'm familiar with using back in the day. Easy to work with but didn't hold up.

6804gto 01-27-2018 10:08 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Thought i would update the progress on the 70
I did not get as much done since last update as I expected . I spent a lot of time mocking up all the bolt on sheetmetal and endura bumper. I got the body on the rotisserie now and will be taking it this week to have the floors and firewall media blasted. Then I have a couple small areas of rust on the front drivers floor and left wheelhouse/ trunk floor seam that will need replaced.

Brent

PurelyGTO68 01-27-2018 10:43 PM

Looking great. Nice work!

The Boss 01-28-2018 10:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Don't lose that body line on the endura - that point continues out on to it.

6804gto 01-28-2018 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Boss (Post 5839681)
Don't lose that body line on the endura - that point continues out on to it.

Yea I didn't realize that body line was that sharp on the endura. I'll have to address that before final sand and paint

6804gto 02-07-2018 01:47 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Got the floors and firewall media blasted and in epoxy primer.
Need to repair some small areas on trunk floor/wheelhouse area and front driver floor section. Still not too bad for a Pa. car.
Body will just need some final blocking etc then hopefully get some color on it.
Brent

gtospieg 02-07-2018 05:23 PM

sweet

300deluxe 02-07-2018 10:03 PM

When do you think your car will be totally finished? I can't wait to see the final result!

6804gto 02-08-2018 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 300deluxe (Post 5844395)
When do you think your car will be totally finished? I can't wait to see the final result!

I wish I knew the answer to that question! Lol
I only get to work on it on some weekends and weeknights. Always something else to work on in shop or around house slows progress it seems. I would love to have it done this summer sometime but not going to rush it and compromise quality of resto.
I have all the seats redone and mostly everything bought to assemble car/frame etc.
My engine builder has all the machine work done and will start assembly in the next week or two. Just trying to have everything ready so I'm not waiting on certain things once I'm ready to reassemble car.
I keep asking myself why I went in so deep on this car but hopefully the end result will make it worth it.
Brent

6804gto 04-01-2018 09:30 PM

progress update

4 Attachment(s)
I have not posted in a while and thought I would update progress. I have all the repairs made to the couple areas on the floors and truck floor. The body shell and most body parts are final sanded and ready for paint. I decided to go ahead and restore the frame/ suspension parts before i paint the body. I figured that way when body is painted I can lower back on restored chassis rather than having a painted body and parts sitting around .
Also i needed to put the frame on a frame bench to fix a small buckle in rear frame rail. Buckle came out really good and everything measures out perfect now. Previous owner told me car either got hit or backed into something in early 80,s . Whoever fixed it back then never took the time to straighten . It made it much easier to take care of this with the body off thou.
Having the frame / suspension pieces media blasted this week then hopefully get them painted and ready to reassemble.

rsavage 04-02-2018 06:45 AM

You do some really nice work Brent.

flyingn 04-02-2018 06:53 AM

looking great so far.. Keep it up