PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   THE LOBBY (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=467)
-   -   Can not sit idly by and let our rights be stripped away (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=716317)

quick67bird 12-21-2012 01:53 PM

Can not sit idly by and let our rights be stripped away

I was tired of seeing all the petitions to do away with guns or more legislation of guns that I created my own on Change.org. It will probably be deleted as that is a pretty liberal site. If you agree please sign the petition to show the Whitehouse that many law abiding citizens are gun advocates. http://www.change.org/petitions/whit...un-legislation

If you have anything to add let me know as I wrote that piece after a 18 hour shift at work.

geeteeohguy 12-21-2012 02:25 PM

I'll sign this when I get on my own computer at home. Guns kill people like spoons make people fat. It's people who are responsible, not inanimate objects. There will always be nutcase violent people in this world. Ban guns, knives, axes, what have you, and only the bad guys will have them, making the law-abiding citizens sitting ducks. The fallacy that everybody is a "good person" has gone too far. There are evil people in this world, and regulations and laws mean nothing to them. In this case, the mother was reckless in that she did not have her firearms secured in a safe as they should have been. But, that said, the wacko who did the crime would most certainly have found another way to carry out his killing spree. In many cases, there is simply no way to predict and head off the homicidal behavior of a lunatic before the act takes place. It's a sad fact of life, and gun control won't help a bit.

Rob B 12-21-2012 02:36 PM

Tic Toc.

PMD1969 12-21-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob B (Post 4810310)
Tic Toc.

Libtards will impose more laws upon you.

<snip>

"Need" is never a metric used to determine the exercise of a right.

"Need", in this regard, is an artificial value judgment imposed by one person on another. In other words: Tyranny.

You do not get to determine what I need any more than I get to determine what you need. The list of items we possess, and actions we indulge in, that are "un-needed" and potentially (or even demonstrably) dangerous is endless.

A freedom to choose things outside of our "needs" is what it means to have self-determination and freedom. Unless someone's exercise of that choice directly infringes on another's freedom it should not be a consideration of the State or any other person what that choice may be.

"Need" is not the justification I must make to live my life

quick67bird 12-21-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob B (Post 4810310)
Tic Toc.

Well did you sign it Rob.:D

quick67bird 12-21-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PMD1969 (Post 4810320)
Libtards will impose more laws upon you.

<snip>

"Need" is never a metric used to determine the exercise of a right.

"Need", in this regard, is an artificial value judgment imposed by one person on another. In other words: Tyranny.

You do not get to determine what I need any more than I get to determine what you need. The list of items we possess, and actions we indulge in, that are "un-needed" and potentially (or even demonstrably) dangerous is endless.

A freedom to choose things outside of our "needs" is what it means to have self-determination and freedom. Unless someone's exercise of that choice directly infringes on another's freedom it should not be a consideration of the State or any other person what that choice may be.

"Need" is not the justification I must make to live my life

Good post.

Icefan71 12-21-2012 03:29 PM

It hurts me as a proud law abiding American who served his country to know that the truth is out there, but I have to dig for it. I can't rely on the media or my gov't to give me all the facts anymore and let me decide for myself. I now see that this current issue is not just about recent events. Its about protecting our freedom and the freedom of future generations...Signed!!