PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   THE LOBBY (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=467)
-   -   Learned Last Week My Wife Has Brain Cancer (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=818834)

OVERULD 06-09-2018 12:03 AM

Learned Last Week My Wife Has Brain Cancer

We were supposed to go to Pontiacs in Pigeon Forge, but I canceled the room reservation on Monday (Memorial Day) because of the weather forecast. We then planned to go to Nashville in the Vette to visit a friend of hers for the weekend because the weather there was supposed to be much nicer.

Tuesday morning after Memorial Day, Beth woke up with what we thought was a migraine headache. We now know that it is a Glioblastoma Multiforme, tumor, or GBM. It is a Grade 4 malignant tumor and we now have a fight on our hands.

She will begin a combination of oral chemotherapy and radiation in a couple weeks. We are asking for your prayers and encouragement as we make this journey. I have set up a CaringBridge website for posting updates. Here is a link https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/bethbenton

BJ

Greg Reid 06-09-2018 12:06 AM

Wow...very, very sorry to hear this. Prayer coming up right now.

PurelyGTO68 06-09-2018 12:14 AM

Many wishful thoughts for your wife and your family. Hoping and wishing for the best.

1oldgoat 06-09-2018 12:33 AM

BJ, I am so sorry to hear this. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Bentwheelbob 06-09-2018 06:07 AM

Oh BJ, what sad news. My thoughts and prayers for your wife and family.

johnta1 06-09-2018 07:17 AM

Sorry to hear that.
Prayers to your wife and you.

A friend of my wife had that happen to her. Woke up with headache and they immediately started working on her. She seems to be clear of it now after about 8 months or so of chemo and surgery. But you need to watch out for her and give all your support to her.

Good luck to her.

:(

The Boss 06-09-2018 07:20 AM

Texted you brother - my hear aches for your family!

Norwood 06-09-2018 07:22 AM

So sorry BJ, all my prayers are with her.

Tellyshavilli 06-09-2018 07:24 AM

Very sorry to hear this . Will send prayers .

sdbob 06-09-2018 08:15 AM

Very sorry to hear. Prayers sent here.

67GTONUT 06-09-2018 08:15 AM

Thoughts and Prayers.....

and...

Fight, Fight, Fight.......

Half-Inch Stud 06-09-2018 08:25 AM

Geez. Prayed for good rsults. If applicable, Also helps greatly to keep distance from toxic people.

TedRamAirII 06-09-2018 09:02 AM

Very sorry to hear that. My mother passed away from the same. Prayers to a Pontiac Brother and Sister.

Judge273 06-09-2018 09:04 AM

I know you guys are fighters and can beat his too! Keep Beth's spirits high and battle on!!

The Champ 06-09-2018 09:23 AM

Getting a cancer diagnosis is a very scary thing (It scared the heck out of me).

I hope your families battle goes well.

lfdsteve 06-09-2018 09:30 AM

Wife and me finished our bout with cancer last year. So far, so good. Its a long haul and the roadblocks that will be thrown at you both will seem insurmountable. Unfortunately, there is no way around it, gotta put on your fighting gloves and go straight through. The good news is that the road DOES come out the other side!
Be prepared for the fight of your lives but keep your spirits up, it can be beaten!!
Thoughts and Prayers!!!

tigergto 06-09-2018 09:36 AM

It will be a battle, but a battle that can be won. Thoughts and best wishes sent your families way.

72pontiac 06-09-2018 11:22 AM

my heart aches for you. praying for both you and your family.

Firedup6975 06-09-2018 11:48 AM

Thoughts and prayers are with you!!! Staying positive is key. Many here know my story. 2011 diagnosed with AML Leukemia. It was a very tough battle for me I’m 62 years old. 7 years later I’m cancer free. God bless you, my husband Mike was my rock and now you will be your Wife’s. Stay strong!

77 TRASHCAN 06-09-2018 12:37 PM

If you wish, tell me your wife's first name, so myself, and other church believers can pray specifically for her!!!

We are a bunch of those crazy believers that believe in supernatural miracles, only empowered by the Holy Spirit! Have witnessed waaay too many great things, to not believe that God's words are anything but the truth!!!

Keep praying, keep Thanking the Lord, that she IS healed, be ALL positive!!! Don't dwell on the problem, focus on the miraculous healing that IS going to happen!!!

I prayed for MA, she's still kick'n "A", and take'n names!!! :)

Believe
Have Faith
Jesus already provided the healing, all we have to do is get in line with his plan and believe!!!