PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   70-72 GTO Tempest & LeMans TECH (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=436)
-   -   A RARE 455 HO 72 LEMANS up for sale (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=471989)

PB 03-20-2006 12:48 AM

A RARE 455 HO 72 LEMANS up for sale

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VERY-...ayphotohosting

Not sure on his claims of 1 of 10....anyone have those numbers??

Not really a bad buy it now price for what it is.... Neat car...Highly optioned too...wish I had 25K laying around :)

Chiefpontiac 03-20-2006 01:20 AM

(Tony Soprano voice on)
You guyz should stop showing me deze tings. I already got too many projects...

PB 03-20-2006 01:29 AM

Lol,..I hear ya....I've been looking at it for the past hour! Getting an itchy BIN trigger finger! :)

Jack Peters 03-20-2006 01:29 AM

Per Dan Jensen's registry there were 46 LeMans HT's w/455HO plus 14 GT's. There are 10 4 speed cars in the count on the GT side but no numbers on the regular ht's. This is not one on his list as of '95.

Hope this helps.

The PHS doc's may or may not tell how many 4 speeds were built. It would tell how many total were built.

Lloyd-TX 03-20-2006 09:27 AM

Pat, you HAD to post that link!

Optioned EXACTLY like a WW5 deal, just not a GTO! It's even got the Y99 G60x15 tire suspension! :eek:

I wonder if it still has the 1 1/8" rear bar on it?

As you see in the auction text, he's bought most everything to do a black interior. The pewter stuff is IMPOSSIBLE to find.

Hmmmmmmm . . .

:juggle:

4SLASH6 03-20-2006 09:41 AM

LLOYD, go ahead and bid knowing I will swap all my pewter int. for the black :cool2:

Lloyd-TX 03-20-2006 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4SLASH6
LLOYD, go ahead and bid knowing I will swap all my pewter int. for the black :cool2:

That's great to know, IF I decide to "pull the trigger". I have NO business even considering another car. No room, no money, etc.

But . . . :rolleyes:

Todd Kozak 03-20-2006 09:53 AM

that ' puker ' interior is sooo ugly....

Lloyd-TX 03-20-2006 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimwankers
that ' puker ' interior is sooo ugly....

I kinda like it myself, but nothing is available. At least Just Dashes can match it for recovering the dash.

The Boss 03-20-2006 10:38 AM

Holy Crap!

I noticed he has the plastic radiator support to bumper filler piece - a very difficult part to find.

So - saying that's a #4 car and it's a Lemans - what would a GTO be worth in high #3 low #2 be worth?

The Boss 03-20-2006 10:52 AM

Did you notice the 455 badges on the front fender - are those factory?

Lloyd-TX 03-20-2006 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Boss
Did you notice the 455 badges on the front fender - are those factory?

Yep. All non-GTO '72 LeMans' with either of the 455's had the 455 call-out emblems just aft of the front sidemarker lamps.

CDN2PLS2 03-20-2006 11:20 AM

Blue + Puker,that's odd!
My records show Lemans hdtp 455HO and stick=31

Chiefpontiac 03-20-2006 11:28 AM

OK - I'll admit it, I'm really tempted to buy this car (Lloyd, want to split it?). But, is it really worth $25k as it sits? The musclecar buying masses aren't exactly beating the bushes looking for LeMans'. Outside of this small group of folks, isn't that about the value of it when it's restored??? I cringe at the thought of spending the additional $30k to restore it...

BN 03-20-2006 11:31 AM

All those options except the GTO option. Would be a very unique car all restored. Come on Pat you can use one more blue one.

The Boss 03-20-2006 11:34 AM

My guess would be 40K on that car with a concourse restoration.

Lloyd-TX 03-20-2006 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefpontiac
OK - I'll admit it, I'm really tempted to buy this car (Lloyd, want to split it?). But, is it really worth $25k as it sits? The musclecar buying masses aren't exactly beating the bushes looking for LeMans'. Outside of this small group of folks, isn't that about the value of it when it's restored??? I cringe at the thought of spending the additional $30k to restore it...

Ditto, ditto, ditto, ditto . . .

I'm with you on all counts, Kevin.

Joint custody, huh?

Like you said, outside of a small circle, no way it's worth what it would cost to buy and properly restore. prolly more like a $12K to $15K as it sits. Nice that it's a CA deal though, much less rot to deal with.

Once again, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm . . .

:juggle: :juggle: :juggle: :juggle: :juggle:

Lloyd-TX 03-20-2006 11:42 AM

Man, if it were an automatic car with a white or black interior, I'd be more likely to find the $$$.

M22 cars are def worth a BUNCH more, however.

Chiefpontiac 03-20-2006 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lloyd-TX
Ditto, ditto, ditto, ditto . . .

I'm with you on all counts, Kevin.

Joint custody, huh?

Like you said, outside of a small circle, no way it's worth what it would cost to buy and properly restore. prolly more like a $12K to $15K as it sits. Nice that it's a CA deal though, much less rot to deal with.

Once again, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm . . .

:juggle: :juggle: :juggle: :juggle: :juggle:

I was/am willing to part with my Tri-Power '65 to get a '69 Judge. I would have to do the same to get this car even though I know I'd be going backwards in value. Hhmm, does my son really need to go to college?... :confused:

Lloyd-TX 03-20-2006 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefpontiac
I was/am willing to part with my Tri-Power '65 to get a '69 Judge. I would have to do the same to get this car even though I know I'd be going backwards in value. Hhmm, does my son really need to go to college?... :confused:

LOL!

I'm spending my daughter's "inheritance" as well!

Kevin, if I were going to go for this car, I'd have to seriously consider selling my silver Formula AND my '74 SD block, heads, intake, etc. The Formula has a numbers matching block, heads, intake, trans, etc., and is in VERY similar condition as this LeMans.