PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   THE LOBBY (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=467)
-   -   Suspect PM on purchase. Administrator check (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=868138)

Redpiston 07-23-2023 10:41 PM

Suspect PM on purchase. Administrator check

Got a PM from titimer3 to contact them about my purchase from cammer6. Looks suspicious

b-man 07-23-2023 10:53 PM

titimer3

Scammer from Eastern Europe.

Banned now, please ignore all these obvious scammers.

Cammer-6 07-23-2023 11:23 PM

gezz they are still picking on me

69FIREBIRD76MM 08-01-2023 05:59 PM

Scammer alert

1 Attachment(s)
This guy pretending to be me, just be careful out there guys. He kind of copied my py name too.

Moderator removed if this is not allow. Thanks

mysticmissle 08-01-2023 06:08 PM

scammers are relentless here. not sure what the fix is as im sure its a fair amount of work to police this site.

gtokid1968 08-01-2023 06:22 PM

Yes You correct!!!!!!!!
I have been dealing with him only to finally figure out he is a scamer!!!!!
Hopefully my credit card will get the payment stoped!!!
Because Paypail doesent care about faurd!!!!
He replyed to me via text the same way!!!
310-654-6108 and 732-413-2547 are the numbers he used!
So sign that number up for all the scames you may know of!!!
I am thinking about calling the law and giving them the numbers!!!!!

b-man 08-01-2023 06:37 PM

He had me at “hello mate”. C’mon guys. Nobody here in the states addresses anyone like that.

And another red flag - demand that you send your PayPal payment using friends and family only. I usually prefer it that was as well as a seller since pretty much everyone knows me here anyway, however if someone insists on paying the additional fees to protect themselves I don’t mind. Anytime they demand any form of payment that gives you no recourse then of course don’t do the deal.

The biggest mistake everyone makes here is dealing in any way out in the open here in the classifieds. Send a Private Message. Don’t announce that you’ll take it, make offers or share any personal information out on the open forums.

Now I guess it’s okay to say you’ll take something IF you’re savvy enough to avoid scammers that might try to intervene in your deal. However it’s best to send a PM instead and deal in complete privacy.

Quite often you’re wasting time replying in the ad thread when you should be sending a PM instead. Sometimes you see people saying they’re first in line in the ad thread when they’ve actually been beaten to the punch by someone who sent a PM before they posted their reply in the ad thread.

I see so much back and forth out in the open here in the classifieds I just have to shake my head.

Send PMs ONLY when doing your deals here and you’ll avoid 99% of this nonsense.

harry k 08-01-2023 06:57 PM

Scammer alert 2

2 Attachment(s)
I have the WTB 6.800 rods listing
I got an email and Check this out, look at the name of the sender(attached pic)
I don't know if this is the same person.

69FIREBIRD76MM 08-01-2023 07:23 PM

Same guy Harry watch out..

69FIREBIRD76MM 08-01-2023 07:33 PM

Scammers on the attack watch out..some guys already felt victims with $$$

b-man 08-01-2023 07:48 PM

Disable your email here.

Use PMs only. If you want to share your email then give it out to whoever needs it in a PM, not here on the open forums

Also do not communicate anything about your dealings, absolutely nothing on the open forums or you may be inviting scammers to hijack your deal.

Guys this is a public forum, scammers all over the world are scouring sites like this for victims.

Act accordingly, start protecting yourself by keeping your email address and communications private.

gtokid1968 08-01-2023 08:53 PM

He sent me a text measage saying he was a menber that had an item for sale that I had sent a PM to.
I guess I must have put my phone number in a post. Dumb on my part I guess!

b-man 08-01-2023 09:22 PM

Definitely do not display your phone number here, if you do then there’s always the possibility scammers will use it to trick you.

PMs people, use them to send your email or phone number to potential buyers or sellers and certainly never post that kind of information on the open forums.

TAKerry 08-02-2023 09:14 AM

I have had someone email a couple of times about 79 ta parts. The first time it said tell me what you need and I will send pics. I may have posted a long time ago here on the want ads but nothing as of recent. I asked specifically what he had. He said everything. He sent me a pic of a beautifully restored 79 SE that he was parting out because of health issues and needing money asap. I point blank called him out. Just recently he sent me another email. I guess he forgot to whom he has solicited.

69FIREBIRD76MM 08-02-2023 09:28 AM

Scammer

Quote:

Originally Posted by b-man (Post 6444239)
Definitely do not display your phone number here, if you do then there’s always the possibility scammers will use it to trick you.

PMs people, use them to send your email or phone number to potential buyers or sellers and certainly never post that kind of information on the open forums.

You check members profile and I can see phone numbers and emails and messages right in the open
. Scammers find it real easy to scam you.

Cammer-6 08-02-2023 09:35 AM

again another reason for 10 legit posts or 10 days to incubate before allowing PMs

grandam1979 08-02-2023 12:58 PM

Yep you post a WTB you’re going to get contacted by a scammer happens almost every time and not just on PY.

69FIREBIRD76MM 08-02-2023 02:39 PM

Scammer

Quote:

Originally Posted by grandam1979 (Post 6444402)
Yep you post a WTB you’re going to get contacted by a scammer happens almost every time and not just on PY.

On fakebook market you post a for sale or wanted, you get replies from a "lady" begging for your cell #, she is busy working but her husband will contact you via phone call.
The other one too, guys posting other contact that supposedly have the parts you looking for.

Fast 69 08-02-2023 07:12 PM

I got the same bs reply when I was trying to buy a set if rockers arms yesterday. Damn scumbag scammers!!

69FIREBIRD76MM 08-02-2023 07:31 PM

Scam

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fast 69 (Post 6444487)
I got the same bs reply when I was trying to buy a set if rockers arms yesterday. Damn scumbag scammers!!

That's the reason you didn't buy my rockers? 😆