PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   THE LOBBY (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=467)
-   -   Time For A Shoutout (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=867836)

Rob in NH 07-10-2023 10:37 PM

Time For A Shoutout

I want to thank Shaker455 for helping me out with my carb problem, one of the floats stuck open and flooded. I had used the wrong filter and it allowed stuff to plug something up. Jeff came right over and fixed it up better than new. It runs awesome now. If anyone has any carb issue's he can fix you right up. Thanks again for all your help.

Shiny 07-10-2023 10:55 PM

Piling on...

I had to ship it, but he pulled my carb out of the gutter and is a genuinely nice person in addition to being a carb whisperer.

4dblnkldude 07-10-2023 10:57 PM

Concur.

BDHABT 07-11-2023 07:38 AM

Jeff is the best.

He rebuilt a Dominator for me years ago,and then he live tuned the car at his house.

Fast foward a couple years back;I gave him the same Dominator and another for my new dual Dominator setup,he went thru them,and I had the engine dynoed a couple months back,and his work did not disappoint.

77 TRASHCAN 07-11-2023 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDHABT (Post 6439319)
Jeff is the best.

He rebuilt a Dominator for me years ago,and then he live tuned the car at his house.

Fast foward a couple years back;I gave him the same Dominator and another for my new dual Dominator setup,he went thru them,and I had the engine dynoed a couple months back,and his work did not disappoint.

I agree!!!
Must be something about the name, Jeff!!!

dhcarguy 07-12-2023 08:12 AM

I couldn't say enough good things about Jeff. Over the winter he went out of his way through texting to help me with my dizzy and super tuning my car. It was over 2 months working with me and was very patient knowing my limited knowledge. I learned how to restore my dizzy(It was Bad) and my car is running much better.
I also want to thank all you guys with helping along the way when you responded to my post, "expert engine advice needed" last winter.

Dave

73LeMans 07-12-2023 10:34 AM

Queue the broken record.... Jeff is fantastic. A quiet guy, doesn't advertise and helps out wherever he can. I don't like giving things up to someone else, but I can't do it better, and his work is top notch. Live carb testing as mentioned, live help at the track, excellent customer skills....the list goes on how he separates himself from the pack. Long live Shaker455!

72projectbird 07-12-2023 11:56 AM

Jeff is definitely a cool dude. He's been over my house multiple times helping me out, and has rebuilt a few carbs for me. I've learned a lot from him.

Formulabruce 07-12-2023 03:23 PM

X10!

72projectbird 07-12-2023 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Formulabruce (Post 6439635)
X10!

I've learned a lot from you to, at the house and at shows. It's pretty cool having you guys around to learn from.

vertigto 07-13-2023 04:41 PM

Some of you need to move south to NC. I could use a Pontiac brain dump.

shaker455 07-15-2023 12:33 PM

Thanks Guy's!
Happy to help my Pontiac family!