PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pontiac - Race (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=419)
-   -   Just my .02 (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=862874)

opeliac 11-17-2022 12:24 PM

If i've ever crossed the line, and offended anyone reading, I apologize...

chuckies76ta 11-17-2022 01:36 PM

I'd say something but..... I'm scared. lol https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com...d.php?t=862829
https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com...d.php?t=862369

Tom Vaught 11-17-2022 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elarson (Post 6387215)
I come here to share info and learn. When the bickering starts, I'm out.

Eric

AGREE, this is not a child's playground.

I am and have been a Moderator on the Turbo Forums for at least 10 years.
I made it clear in the beginning that there were other forums and websites where you could stir the chit and act like children.

I have not banished anyone in that 10 years but I have deleted posts that were not on topic. The forum was designed to be a knowledge forum (by the originator of the websites) RIP SIR, not a playground forum and everyone has followed that guidance.

If you are bored stir the chit on facebook.

Tom V.

dataway 11-17-2022 07:53 PM

I was hoping for an argument about internet arguments :)

4dblnkldude 11-17-2022 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dataway (Post 6387380)
I was hoping for an argument about internet arguments :)

LOL. There ya go again.

Drag Star Le Mans 11-18-2022 04:25 AM

Take it to the clubhouse!!!

scott70 11-18-2022 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Vaught (Post 6387379)
AGREE, this is not a child's playground.

I am and have been a Moderator on the Turbo Forums for at least 10 years.
I made it clear in the beginning that there were other forums and websites where you could stir the chit and act like children.

I have not banished anyone in that 10 years but I have deleted posts that were not on topic. The forum was designed to be a knowledge forum (by the originator of the websites) RIP SIR, not a playground forum and everyone has followed that guidance.

If you are bored stir the chit on facebook.

Tom V.

Where's gto George?

chuckies76ta 11-18-2022 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott70 (Post 6387532)
Where's gto George?

Exactly what I was thinking. Lol.
Spade a spade.

Elarson 11-18-2022 04:20 PM

Here's a recording of the internet experts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpAvcGcEc0k

Eric

chuckies76ta 11-18-2022 04:23 PM

That’s hilarious.

76TA462 11-18-2022 05:45 PM

LOL. Gotta love Monty Python. I joined this site years ago, after loosing patience (as did many) in another super Pontiac site that degraded because of the poison. Too bad, because it was excellent for so long. Received great on and off-line advise from the likes of Jim Hand (even bought his Continental Jim Hand Special converter for an earlier build, and of course his “How to Build Max-Performance Pontiac V8s”), Lee Atkinson (designed a cam for me), Rocky and tons of others. I am appreciative that this site has turned out to be a winner – always great advice and willing people to jump in with an idea or experience. I have made some huge modernizations with this site. There have been a few posts that have gone poison here, but they seemed to have peaked a while back. Easy to ignore when they are a small minority, and as long as they are not fed this site will not degrade. That said, there are couple of opinionated subjects I avoid or chime in grudgingly. The 2004R comes to mind, and some carb stuff LOL.

Tom Vaught 11-18-2022 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott70 (Post 6387532)
Where's gto George?

I WOULD BE VERY CAREFUL ABOUT QUESTIONING DECISIONS MADE BY THE MODERATORS.

Last I heard he was offered an opportunity to post on Facebook.

Personally I would not go down that path, as you would be just putting your feet on the same path and (you are basically just stirring the chit in my opinion).

It appears this whole thread is attempts to stir the chit.

Tom V.

chuckies76ta 11-18-2022 08:33 PM

Seriously!!!

scott70 11-18-2022 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Vaught (Post 6387574)

Personally I would not go down that path, as you would be just putting your feet on the same path and (you are basically just stirring the chit in my opinion).

Tom V.

I'm pretty sure you know exactly what my comment meant...chuckie did. Had nothing to do at all with moderators decisions. I've never had 1 argument with anyone here in all the years I've been on PY. Your comment about childish arguments and how they should be over on fb or whatever just struck me funny because the many childish rants you and George had were exactly what you now condemn. We haven't forgotten. A little hypocritical there...and the all caps thing doesn't mean anything to me.

nas t eh 11-19-2022 09:37 AM

Quote:

Tom V.

FYI
He teased, poked, trolled you.

You responded with intimidation and a threat.

Tom Vaught 11-19-2022 11:43 AM

I would say none of the above in post #35 is true.

I made a SUGGESTION, period. I am not a Moderator on this board.
The individual in the mentioned post (to stir the chit) ran his mouth to the Moderator
and the Moderator made a decision.

So nas t eh you (with your newby 170 posts from Canada) made a false statement.
There was no threat in my post. There was a simple statement of fact.

Make 30,600 more posts on PY with valid info on helping people with their Pontiac vehicles and we can discuss further.
Have a great day.

Tom V.

nas t eh 11-19-2022 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Vaught (Post 6387696)
I would say none of the above in post #35 is true.

I made a SUGGESTION, period. I am not a Moderator on this board.
The individual in the mentioned post (to stir the chit) ran his mouth to the Moderator
and the Moderator made a decision.

So nas t eh you (with your newby 170 posts from Canada) made a false statement.
There was no threat in my post. There was a simple statement of fact.

Make 30,600 more posts on PY with valid info on helping people with their Pontiac vehicles and we can discuss further.
Have a great day.

Tom V.

Very condescending, brushing me of because of my post count, my place of birth and where I reside.

Typically engineering arrogance, maybe you should stick to the engine and boost forums where you have knowledge and are one of the smartest guys in the room.

Because when you voluntarily come on a pot stirring thread(your words) in which your first post is hypocritical rather then humble, you might expect some teasing and you absolutely show that interacting socially is one of your weaker areas.

That or get a thicker skin and don’t respond to the trolls

chiefbigb 11-19-2022 12:34 PM

Tom you have allot of real life knowledge and experience to share on this board and probably others. Stick to that and people can all draw from your pool. Not everything posted is a personal attack or at a individual. Some are just one liners in a attempt to break up the conversation.

scott70 11-19-2022 03:58 PM

I only spoke the absolute truth. And further proof was the comment about the guy being from Canada and having a medium post count. Childish. Boasting about 30,000 posts?Truly unbelievable. It never stops. The constant self boasting of work you've done,name dropping and condescending comments are something else. I've never made posts like this before but the level of narcissistic talk has blown me away over the years. I've never seen anything like it. Your comment of childish rants not belonging on py put me over the edge. I agree but youve been one of the worst culprits. You should try being alot more humble

Scott Stoneburg 11-19-2022 05:21 PM

Quote:

Tom V.

Your last sentence in that post is incorrect. I started the post, not to stir the pot, just to say that some banter/ribbing back and forth should be acceptable, it can be healthy and bring on discussions about different opinions and different ways to arrive at the desired outcome. I also do understand there has to be a limit and a point where someone(moderators) do have to step in.