PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   61-77 GTO, Tempest & LeMans Parts WANTED (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=448)
-   -   Need help with parts for a 64' Tempest wagon (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=861970)

1964GTOs&TempestWagon 10-03-2022 02:58 AM

Need help with parts for a 64' Tempest wagon

Hello friends,

I need some parts for my 64' Tempest wagon and any help locating parts would be greatly appreciated. I've restored many GTOs and found most needed parts in the catalogues but wagons appear to be an untapped market. Does anyone know where I might find the following parts:

rear tailgate window with channel for rollers
spare tire cover
door panels in red

Thank you so much for the leads!

jamesq 10-03-2022 04:10 PM

SMS shows a complete interior available for 64 Tempest Custom wagon.

However, you must be a very patient person when ordering from SMS. I have been waiting almost 2 years for door panels! I am assured by others that it is worth the wait.

James Q

thepontiacman 10-03-2022 07:51 PM

I have a damaged tailgate with glass and a spare tire compartment cover from a 64 tempest wagon.

also have the 6cyl engine and 3 speed manual trans with column shift column.

thepontiacman@yahoo.com

Talladega AL

1964GTOs&TempestWagon 10-04-2022 02:01 AM

thank you for responding to my post!

Hi guys,

I'm in touch with SMS and have received wonderful samples and will probably have them move forward with door panels and seat covers.

I emailed ThePontiacman about the parts you listed-thank you!

If anyone else has 64' Tempest tailgate glass with the channel (where the rollers slide on to make it raise and lower) attached-please let me know.

I still need the spare tire cover and other parts, so please let me know if you have available Wagon parts.

Thanks,

Al

Murf 10-04-2022 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1964GTOs&TempestWagon (Post 6377063)
Hi guys,

I'm in touch with SMS and have received wonderful samples and will probably have them move forward with door panels and seat covers.

I emailed ThePontiacman about the parts you listed-thank you!

If anyone else has 64' Tempest tailgate glass with the channel (where the rollers slide on to make it raise and lower) attached-please let me know.

I still need the spare tire cover and other parts, so please let me know if you have available Wagon parts.

Thanks,

Al

I wish you good luck with SMS! They were easy to work with and glad to take my money. The only problem is they won’t send me my material.
Of course enough time has gone by that the credit card company won’t help get my money back.
Not trying o be an ass. Just think people should know about their business practices!

Good luck
Murf

ddella22 12-09-2022 10:04 PM

I have a spare tire cover in NY, pm me if interested

Tinindianworkshop 01-20-2023 12:55 AM

Interior

Did anyone get their stuff from sms??

Murf 01-20-2023 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinindianworkshop (Post 6401769)

Hi, I finally got my stuff. I posted an update in another thread but I forgot this one.
I was very critical of them & thought I should give them they’re do. After 2 yrs of having multiple emails & cauls ignored, I gave it one more try. I don’t know why this time was different but I got a reply.
About a week later my stuff showed up.
Their product was very good but their business model leaves a little to be desired.

I wouldn’t use them again unless they were absolutely they only way to go. Which, I’m afraid they are in a lot of situations. If you use them, you’ll have to be very patient.

Murf

Tinindianworkshop 01-20-2023 10:40 AM

sms

Any pics of your interior thanks Geoff

jamesq 01-20-2023 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinindianworkshop (Post 6401769)

I am still waiting (2 yrs and 2 mos since they received my order AND payment) for the door panels. I contact them every month and get a reply that they should ship "soon"...

However, I was forced into buying a headliner from SMS when the REM headliner I got was poorly made.
I received a high quality, well sewn (according to my installer) headliner in 2 weeks.

Go figure....

James Q