PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   69-71 Judges only TECH (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=434)
-   -   Mecum Kissimmee (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=862834)

johnta1 11-13-2022 03:28 PM

Mecum Kissimmee

Mecum Kissimmee has some awesome looking RA IV Judges coming up. (and GTO's)

The Chuck Cocoma Judge & GTO Ram Air IV Collection

:eek:

Gary H 11-14-2022 09:12 AM

That's a high dollar collection! I'd love to have any of them, but the 70' black Judge would be my first choice.

necdb3 11-14-2022 08:44 PM

Any Pontiac mans ultimate collection! ADD a few RAM IV birds and you have it all.

tallrandyb 11-15-2022 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnta1 (Post 6386526)

Will be there!

Mcronk 11-18-2022 01:39 AM

I will be there but unless I win the lottery I will just be a spectator!

Baron Von Zeppelin 12-09-2022 08:33 PM

There is a thread on here from years ago where I tried to get accounts of all the known 1970 Ram IV Judge Convertibles. Seems like the number was 12 cars ,,, I think that was even said to be the total production ( aka 100% survival rate )

Only 2 were Orbit Orange
The other OO has Saddle Interior and Gold Top - 4spd

Going to wild guess the Mecum car will top 500k
Uncle Judge posted some pictures of this car a few years ago , so he probably knows some of its provenance.

Going to be a great event in Kissimmee for sure
WOW

Mcronk 12-10-2022 12:23 AM

I have not gone through all the listings yet but it seems like this auction will have the most Judges ever at a auction.

I once owned a 70 OO Judge RA IV 4 speed hardtop. It was a roller with a blown up motor. If I knew then what I know now!

turbo69bird 12-10-2022 01:42 AM

You gotta wonder if having so many judges at one show will bring in more high dollar bidders raising prices, or if it’s going to give all the bidders available something to bid on lowering prices . Should be interesting to see how it shakes out.

OCMDGTO 12-10-2022 12:26 PM

The Cocoma cars are incredible. There is a write up on them in the recent Legend/GTOAA club magazine.

Mcronk 12-10-2022 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbo69bird (Post 6392137)
You gotta wonder if having so many judges at one show will bring in more high dollar bidders raising prices, or if it’s going to give all the bidders available something to bid on lowering prices . Should be interesting to see how it shakes out.

My thinking as well. I am in the market for a 69 Judge. I have been restoring, racing, cruising Pontiacs for over 30 years and always wanted one. Came close a few times but always thought they were overpriced. LOL! Now they are really "overpriced"! I think the RA IV Judges will bring top dollar maybe even break a record with the OO Convertible. However a "standard" Judge (RA III hardtop) may actually get "lost" in all the hype for the more rare Judges. Especially if it is not a popular color combination.

Mcronk 12-12-2022 01:01 AM

Jim Mattison's Aegean Blue RA II 4 speed GTO will be a no reserve auction at Mecum Kissimmee 2023. He sold the car back in 2016 at BJ auction. It will be interesting to see if the audience even understands what this car is and what bids it will bring.

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0123-54...to-ram-air-ii/

Ram Air IV Jack 12-12-2022 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnta1 (Post 6386526)

I know Chuck and met him years ago at a Pontiac show. He is in his 80's now and my guess is he is selling off his collection. I spoke with him on the phone a few years ago when he wanted to buy my car. My car wasn't for sale, but I was flattered he wanted it. Chuck is a very knowledgeable and wonderful person so I hope he can really get some serious money from his collection. I know Chuck has other Pontiacs too, but I have no idea if he plans to offer up these cars for sale.

bulletpruf 12-13-2022 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mcronk (Post 6392557)
Jim Mattison's Aegean Blue RA II 4 speed GTO will be a no reserve auction at Mecum Kissimmee 2023. He sold the car back in 2016 at BJ auction. It will be interesting to see if the audience even understands what this car is and what bids it will bring.

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0123-54...to-ram-air-ii/

Mecum with No Reserve on a high-dollar car is a gutsy move. I took my 70 RAIV GTO to Mecum Indy about 10 years ago, but had a reserve and I'm glad I did. Car was a no-sale at about $75k, IIRC.

tallrandyb 12-13-2022 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mcronk (Post 6392204)
My thinking as well. I am in the market for a 69 Judge. I have been restoring, racing, cruising Pontiacs for over 30 years and always wanted one. Came close a few times but always thought they were overpriced. LOL! Now they are really "overpriced"! I think the RA IV Judges will bring top dollar maybe even break a record with the OO Convertible. However a "standard" Judge (RA III hardtop) may actually get "lost" in all the hype for the more rare Judges. Especially if it is not a popular color combination.

I'll be there and I'll be watching. Lowest estimate right now for one unrestored is $150K, most of their estimates are in the $200-300K range. The OO vert is "call for estimate". :hail:

Mcronk 12-13-2022 11:31 PM

I have attended this auction for quite a few years now. I have seen cars sell well below and above the estimates.

The gentlemen who is offering the 68 RA II car has some high end winged cars at the auction as well. The GTO may get "lost" in the shuffle with all the high profile cars there.

RA II cars have no badging or wings or anything that makes them look different than a standard GTO. It could be the best deal of the auction.