PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pontiac - Race (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=419)
-   -   CV'ies vs. the world showndown?? (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=810071)

PAUL K 09-24-2017 04:32 PM

CV'ies vs. the world showndown??

So recently the CV1 camp has been feeling froggy. They've been making dyno challenges, posting dyno sheets, having point by point debates and appear to be ready to rock! There is a BOP race scheduled at Cordova International Raceway at the Iowa/Illinois border on October 7th. It's always a great event with a well prepped surface. I'm asking if any racers would be interested in setting up some match races to make it more interesting? Maybe Dick "I run two fo's because it's cool" Badbird69 vs. Tom "I got a Firebird " Cosgrove? Calvin "I own the rights to the Fusion port" Hill vs. Brian "I have more power than I know what to do with" Slowbird? Any interest? Any other racers interested in setting something up?

Dragncar 09-24-2017 04:50 PM

As long as its NA vs NA and NO2 vs NO2 why not. Them things seem to need some sort of boost.

Easy fellas, busting balls is OK.... right ? All grown ups here.

mgarblik 09-24-2017 05:22 PM

I think a challenge like that would be fine....... but what I really want to see is this. Show the Buick and Oldsmobile guys that the PONTIAC engine is the one to run if you want to go fast. The Buick and Oldsmobile engines will get you safely to the car show and look nice in their respective cars. It is a BOP event after all. Lets show those guys we may be from "different tribes" but we are all part of the Indian nation.

slowbird 09-24-2017 05:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Im ready to go, got a light weight drive ready to go if needed.

slowbird 09-24-2017 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgarblik (Post 5789995)
I think a challenge like that would be fine....... but what I really want to see is this. Show the Buick and Oldsmobile guys that the PONTIAC engine is the one to run if you want to go fast. The Buick and Oldsmobile engines will get you safely to the car show and look nice in their respective cars. It is a BOP event after all. Lets show those guys we may be from "different tribes" but we are all part of the Indian nation.

I might be wrong but i think Pontiacs have consistently been the faster cars there throughout the years.

PAUL K 09-24-2017 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgarblik (Post 5789995)

I agree! I attached links two videos of grudge races we had. One at this event and one at the BOP at Byron. My brothers RAIV powered Firebird raced a GSX and my Firebird ran a Fox body Ford. After the race we ate dinner at the Machine Shed compliments of Ford guy. :)

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...32994593525317

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...32994593525317

LiL Jack 09-24-2017 07:52 PM

I don't think any CV1 cars are running?

Hooter 09-24-2017 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiL Jack (Post 5790058)
I don't think any CV1 cars are running?

Mine just finished 1,000 plus miles on drag week.

LiL Jack 09-24-2017 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hooter (Post 5790084)

I meant fast ones, oh that's just an oxymoron.

Just kidding! That's awesome that's a helluva road trip.

PAUL K 09-24-2017 09:46 PM

Quote:

Congratulations Hooter! Good job!

7T2 09-24-2017 09:51 PM

Quote:

thanks to the DW guys hooter and kelvin poe year before..
for proving out the 1- off design splayed valvetrain of the cv-1 durable for the 1000 mile haul using guideplates and roller rockers.
sure i would like for all my product users to spend hundreds of track hours and their last dime to optimize their combos...but in this hobby, thats less than 5 % of participants. so i draw into question those who want to make performance comparisons to those type combos.
the cv-1 will perform as it will... im thrilled that vast majority of my users are happy... if that were not the case, they would be for sale pennies on the dollar everywhere.
we are all pontiac guys, thats the main thing. just saw edelbrock has discontinued a product. time to quit with the bickering and help each other
not hatin' on paul k for this call out- dick is struggling with his converter, brad has a new combo, robin and big chief...

wreckmastr 09-24-2017 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAUL K (Post 5789971)
So recently the CV1 camp has been feeling froggy. They've been making dyno challenges, posting dyno sheets, having point by point debates and appear to be ready to rock! There is a BOP race scheduled at Cordova International Raceway at the Iowa/Illinois border on October 7th. It's always a great event with a well prepped surface. I'm asking if any racers would be interested in setting up some match races to make it more interesting? Maybe Dick "I run two fo's because it's cool" Badbird69 vs. Tom "I got a Firebird " Cosgrove? Calvin "I own the rights to the Fusion port" Hill vs. Brian "I have more power than I know what to do with" Slowbird? Any interest? Any other racers interested in setting something up?

I looked into going but a 850 haul for a race that's only 6 hours long (10am - 4pm) doesn't make sense for us.

PAUL K 09-24-2017 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wreckmastr (Post 5790118)
I looked into going but a 850 haul for a race that's only 6 hours long (10am - 4pm) doesn't make sense for us.

Thanks for checking. That would've been awesome if some of you guys could've made it.

PAUL K 09-24-2017 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7T2 (Post 5790115)
not hatin' on paul k for this call out- dick is struggling with his converter, brad has a new combo, robin and big chief...

Thanks it's nothing personal, just trying to spice things up. Any racers interested in setting something up with a Chevy, Ford, Buick or Olds feel free to send me a PM.

65nss4spdGTO 09-24-2017 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAUL K (Post 5789971)

My car is still sitting, also waiting on the 5 speed to show up.

Paul, maybe you can line up against Slowbird and show the world how much better the E-heads are on the juice vs the old KRE HP's?

Calvin Hill
Hill Performance
708-250-7420

slowbird 09-24-2017 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7T2 (Post 5790115)
sure i would like for all my product users to spend hundreds of track hours and their last dime to optimize their combos...but in this hobby, thats less than 5 % of participants. so i draw into question those who want to make performance comparisons to those type combos

Fwiw i haven't raced once this year, and i average 3-4 races a year the last 4-5 years. Wish i spent hundreds of hours at the track a year.

PAUL K 09-24-2017 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65nss4spdGTO (Post 5790135)
My car is still sitting, also waiting on the 5 speed to show up.

Paul, maybe you can line up against Slowbird and show the world how much better the E-heads are on the juice vs the old KRE HP's?

Calvin Hill
Hill Performance
708-250-7420

Thanks for the suggestion. Slowbird and I have already raced....he knows E-heads are the most powerful dyno'd Pontiac heads on the planet!

You said your trans was being delivered on September 15?

S/st 54 09-25-2017 12:14 AM

Quote:

Congrats Hoot doggy Dog the rockstar!!! Lol
Bet it feels good to check that off the to do list!!!
Finish Dragweek...Check!!!!!!

LiL Jack 09-25-2017 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAUL K (Post 5790141)
Thanks for the suggestion. Slowbird and I have already raced....he knows E-heads are the most powerful dyno'd Pontiac heads on the planet!

You said your trans was being delivered on September 15?

My converter guy said my new converter would be here a month and a half ago.

PAUL K 09-25-2017 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiL Jack (Post 5790188)
My converter guy said my new converter would be here a month and a half ago.

Yeah....and you're still racing. Sometimes you have to overcome obstacles or nothing gets done. ;)