PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pontiac - Race (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=419)
-   -   What have E headed cars done recently? (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=810163)

GTOGEORGE 09-27-2017 10:33 AM

What have E headed cars done recently?

With the Quickest cars (1/4 mile) out there running OTHER heads and racers switching over to Billet, seems like E-heads are dying out! The quickest Pontiac out there has Warp heads, the quickest Bodied car out there running RA5 heads, the quickest NA door car has Warp, the quickest Nitrous door car has CV-1 heads. Hell in the KRE Quick 16 at Norwalk the first 5 cars had NO E-heads on them.....just saying. Is the E-head vanishing from the QUICK cars?

GTO George

PAUL K 09-27-2017 11:29 AM

They are alive, well and winning races in this part of the country. I've prepped eight pairs this year and sold several other sets.

EHTTFMF !!!

GTOGEORGE 09-27-2017 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAUL K (Post 5791040)
They are alive, well and winning races in this part of the country. I've prepped eight pairs this year and sold several other sets.

EHTTFMF !!!

......................and? Yes I see them on a lot of show cars! LOL!

GTO George

Stan Weiss 09-27-2017 11:39 AM

GTOGeorge,
How many more E heads do think were sold last month verses warp 6's? How much money do you think KRE has lost on Warp 6 development and sells over the years?

From the outside looking in. I would say the Tiger is number one performance head at the moment for most people with the RAV moving quickly up the ladder.

Stan

GTOGEORGE 09-27-2017 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stan Weiss (Post 5791047)
GTOGeorge,
How many more E heads do think were sold last month verses warp 6's? How much money do you think KRE has lost on Warp 6 development and sells over the years?

From the outside looking in. I would say the Tiger is number one performance head at the moment for most people with the RAV moving quickly up the ladder.

Stan

Come to Norwalk The Who's Who of Pontiac race cars and see what heads they are running.....just saying!
I'm not saying someone isn't buying them but for going QUICK there dying.
This thread IS NOT an KRE thing, so please don't turn it into one. :)

GTO George

John Langer 09-27-2017 11:55 AM

Does Rex have the quickest and fastest nos door car being in the 6's?

GTOGEORGE 09-27-2017 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Langer (Post 5791058)
Does Rex have the quickest and fastest nos door car being in the 6's?

Damn........you're right! 6.90's works for me!

GTO George

Stan Weiss 09-27-2017 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE (Post 5791050)
Come to Norwalk The Who's Who of Pontiac race cars and see what heads they are running.....just saying!
I'm not saying someone isn't buying them but for going QUICK there dying.
This thread IS NOT an KRE thing, so please don't turn it into one. :)

GTO George

No you would not do that just every other head in every other thread is OK for you :)

Local tracks are fine. I have seen Scott Rex, Jeff Kinsler, John Synder, Brian Hedrick, the Pickett fleet, etc. run.

That covers most of the heads. :)

Don't need to go to Norwalk and see some of those cars that only show up once or twice a year at a race track.

Stan

GTOGEORGE 09-27-2017 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stan Weiss (Post 5791064)
No you would not do that just every other head in every other thread is OK for you :)

Local tracks are fine. I have seen Scott Rex, Jeff Kinsler, John Synder, Brian Hedrick, the Pickett fleet, etc. run.

That covers most of the heads. :)

Stan

See Stan thats not true.........show me? When have i mentioned just about KRE......well I'm waiting! :)

All those names.........no CV-1's, no RA5, No Warp or HP's, no Visners......just saying! "ALL" the heads are at Norwalk the LARGEST Pontiac race in the Nation!

GTO George

PAUL K 09-27-2017 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE (Post 5791042)
......................and? Yes I see them on a lot of show cars! LOL!

GTO George

Correct, yes they win shows also. There are atleast three local high end show cars with polished E-heads, they place near the top everytime.

GTOGEORGE 09-27-2017 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAUL K (Post 5791067)
Correct, yes they win shows also. There are atleast three local high end show cars with polished E-heads the place near the top everytime.

Every head has its place! LOL!

GTO George

Stan Weiss 09-27-2017 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE (Post 5791066)
See Stan thats not true.........show me? When have i mentioned just about KRE......well I'm waiting! :)

All those names.........no CV-1's, no RA5, No Warp or HP's, no Visners......just saying! "ALL" the heads are at Norwalk the LARGEST Pontiac race in the Nation!

GTO George

And you say you know Pontiacs and what people are running? :eek:

Brian Hedrick is running CV1's
The Pickett's wagon is running Warp 6's.

Stan

GTOGEORGE 09-27-2017 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stan Weiss (Post 5791077)
And you say you know Pontiacs and what people are running? :eek:

Brian Hedrick is running CV1's
The Pickett's wagon is running Warp 6's.

Stan

Yep you're right.....im bad! Still no Visners, KRE HP's or RA5.....there ALL at Norwalk!!

GTO George

slowbird 09-27-2017 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE (Post 5791081)
Yep you're right.....im bad! Still no Visners, KRE HP's or RA5.....there ALL at Norwalk!!

GTO George

Picketts run Warp6 and HP heads.

JSPONT 09-27-2017 01:40 PM

Big Chief runs 350 cfm e heads and will put most on the trailer.

GTOGEORGE 09-27-2017 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSPONT (Post 5791101)
Big Chief runs 350 cfm e heads and will put most on the trailer.

A light weight twin turbo car........should! He doesn't run 1/4 mile so who knows, probably not. Besides he traded in the e-heads (we'll never know)..........probably wanted to run quicker.

GTO George

cgeise 09-27-2017 01:53 PM

when KRE was running there blown dragster with warp 6 heads and everyone was getting wet about there ET and mph I did some comparison on the Wallace calculator - My E-headed turbo car was showing more HP than there warp 6 dragster -- just fact.

GTOGEORGE 09-27-2017 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgeise (Post 5791111)
when KRE was running there blown dragster with warp 6 heads and everyone was getting wet about there ET and mph I did some comparison on the Wallace calculator - My E-headed turbo car was showing more HP than there warp 6 dragster -- just fact.

They still run the draghster. HP is shown by MPH.........funny car are running a lot more a MPH then Dragsters........same engines! Twin turbo engines have always out MPH roots blower cars, got nothing to do with the heads. Turbos are just boring.....although getting better. LOL!

GTO George

Stan Weiss 09-27-2017 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE (Post 5791116)
They still run the draghster. HP is shown by MPH.........funny car are running a lot more a MPH then Dragsters........same engines! Twin turbo engines have always out MPH roots blower cars, got nothing to do with the heads. Turbos are just boring.....although getting better. LOL!

GTO George

GTOGeorge,
What dragster and Fun Cars are you talking about? Not Alcohol! Maybe Nitro but the Fun Cars do not run the same engine management - "Limiter" that the Dragster do. To slow the Fun Cars down they will run the same "Limiter" starting in 2018.

Just as a by the way. How close is Big Chief and Curt's car aero dynamically to today's Nitro Fun Car body?

Stan

69Goat1 09-27-2017 04:10 PM

Fast is fast whether it's 1/8th or 1/4 mile...Chiefs **** is fast and it has always had standard port Eheads on it. I know they are switching and those CVies have big boots to try and fill from the old standard port ehead...