PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   THE LOBBY (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=467)
-   -   Forum issues? (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=869946)

Murf 10-21-2023 04:13 PM

Forum issues?

Anyone else have trouble with the site? I have to sign in every time even if I check the stay logged in box.
I used to follow the forum on Tapatalk but it was wonky so I went back to the web based site.
Now it tries to get me to go to Tapatalk. When I do it wants me to log in. When I do it gives me error messages out the wazzo. Then I get emails saying “ multiple log in attempts on your account “

What’s up with the forum? I used to like the Tapatalk version but it’s wearing thin these days.

Thanks!
Murf

Stuart 10-21-2023 04:24 PM

I haven't noticed any issues with accessing the web based site from my computer. It does slow down on occasion but that's usually temporary. On the other hand I've only tried Tapatalk with my phone a few times and it was always problematic for me. I eventually deleted the Tapatalk app, I don't think it's a very good system.

Half-Inch Stud 10-22-2023 09:08 AM

The past 2-days the Forums keep telling me to "wait 20 seconds between posts" for 1 Quick reply. Well not this post.

Greg Reid 10-22-2023 09:16 AM

No problem here. I use the traditional version and Tapatalk only when I want to attach a pic using my phone. My laptop has been broken for a while and I've been using my phone for every computer related thing ever since.

KS circutguy 10-22-2023 03:05 PM

Been laggy for a few days./
"400 quests" bots at it again.

misterp266 10-22-2023 03:25 PM

Have to log in every time I look at the forums. I never log out and never log in. Something’s up……

Simple Man 10-22-2023 05:36 PM

So do I

Half-Inch Stud 10-22-2023 07:47 PM

Ah, figured-out that "lagging" response time leads to the "double-post" message.

misterp266 10-23-2023 11:32 AM

Still have to log in every time I come here. Never used to.

(note: took a long time to actually post this)

burd 10-23-2023 01:57 PM

Logging in every time is a good for security , I log in every time with a finger print, if I loose my phone no one can log in. I use Apple stuff, I don’t know how the buy1 get 3 cheap phones work.
Behind the scenes, dumping logs, optimizing tables, cache’s weekly keeps a forum running faster, updating software, I keep up on my forum weekly.

Jack Gifford 10-23-2023 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misterp266 (Post 6462393)
,,, Have to log in every time I look at the forums. I never log out and never log in. Something’s up……

Ditto here.

GtoFM 10-23-2023 11:17 PM

I get kicked out if I follow a link or even if I make a lengthy reply. It's usually less the 5 minutes. Is there a way to extend idle time before the system boots me out? Where is the "stay logged in" box some have spoken of?

Stuart 10-24-2023 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GtoFM (Post 6462722)
Where is the "stay logged in" box some have spoken of?

It's a little check box right next to where you type your username and password.

GtoFM 10-24-2023 08:20 PM

“Remember Me” usually means that your user name comes up with password still required. What is the inactivity time before the system logs me off?

Stuart 10-24-2023 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GtoFM (Post 6462942)
“Remember Me” usually means that your user name comes up with password still required. What is the inactivity time before the system logs me off?

On this site, when you click remember me, you stay logged on. You shouldn't have to re-enter your password, and it shouldn't log you off.

Baron Von Zeppelin 10-26-2023 11:04 AM

My laptop always stayed logged in for years.
Android tablet using now , also stays logged in , but get requests from time to time to try TapaTalk.
My iPhone will not log in on here , or on BaT - just goes in circles.

Never try to do much internet with a phone anyway.
I predict most millennials will suffer vision problems by their 40s

Jack Gifford 10-27-2023 12:55 AM

Works fine here after clicking on "stay logged on", which I apparently had forgotten to do.

KS circutguy 10-27-2023 03:28 PM

Still laggy and acting up when posting.
Restart the server Daily to help alleviate most server end problems.
Make sure the guy you pay to maintain the server is doing updates.

Held for Ransom 10-31-2023 04:14 PM

My reply the other day was slow to respond.

Now, it keep reverting back to Responsive 2017 style whenever the pages change (reading a thread, entering Sections, replying to a post, etc.). Are they in the middle of a Forum change?

Stuart 10-31-2023 04:20 PM

There is something funky going on today. The system administrator is fixing things but it's not completely back to 100%. We've been sending PMs back and forth but that's glitchy too so I'm not sure if he's getting my messages describing the problems.