PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pontiac - Race (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=419)
-   -   Race Section (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=861573)

BILL BOWMAN1 09-18-2022 09:57 PM

Just because the guys with 7 second and quicker cars don’t visit here any longer, don’t see how this section turned to a ghost town.?

Tom Vaught 09-18-2022 11:57 PM

Do not believe that was ever brought up until now, Bill.

At one time the fastest people on the board were running high 8s or mid 8s.
Then Palbykin built his Pro Mod and ran in the low 7s and at least once a 6 second time.
This was in 1996. About 25 years ago with a Pontiac engine.

Actually I see a lot more questions and posting now vs one racer talking about his race times in 100+ posts.

By the way he said the wrong thing to the wrong guy and now he is gone.
When you shoot yourself in the foot don't blame it on the Mods.

Just saying.

TV

Elarson 09-19-2022 07:08 AM

I've enjoyed this section. I look forward to learning things and sharing experiences that we've learned, trying weird stuff. I've made some good internet friends and gotten help with many questions and parts needs.

Friendly ball busting is cool. Angry bashing of others isn't. There's been too much of that in the past; at least for my taste. I feel like the low point of that crap was the obsessive hatred of the CV-1 and everybody associated with trying them. Lots of the static came from people who didn't use them themselves. Glad that died out, but it probably had a chilling effect on other folks who may have been considering spending the $$ to introduce a new product.

Hopefully soon I can start sharing road race experiences. In the words of Monty Python "And now for something completely different".

Eric

Half-Inch Stud 09-19-2022 08:37 AM

Maybe relevant in the future: Sold my Spare 455 shortblock assy to a racer.

Tom Vaught 09-19-2022 09:30 AM

Looking forward to reading about your road racing experiences as a new venue for
your driving skills, Eric.

One comment, get yourself a pair of comfortable swim trunks to wear under your driving suit.
20 minutes in a Proper Driving suit is a lot hotter vs a few seconds in a 250 mph drag car.
Many women racers have worn swim outfits under their suits.

Tom V.

Mr Anonymous 09-19-2022 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Vaught (Post 6373465)
Many women racers have worn swim outfits under their suits.
Tom V.

Eric probably has the bikini on order already with proper SFI rating.

Elarson 09-19-2022 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Anonymous (Post 6373579)
Eric probably has the bikini on order already with proper SFI rating.

Does this -20 make my butt look big?

Eric

Jack Gifford 09-20-2022 12:38 AM

-20 suits are so bulky I just wear my skivies under it. Yeah, I know, I should get Nomex skivies...

John Langer 09-20-2022 12:32 PM

Lost interest in trying to educate/help people. Too many key board know it alls that have never done jack $#\t giving bad info that people listen to on this board anymore.

opeliac 09-21-2022 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Langer (Post 6373800)
Lost interest in trying to educate/help people. Too many key board know it alls that have never done jack $#\t giving bad info that people listen to on this board anymore.

Give some examples so we can all discuss it...

RUDOLFSSON 09-21-2022 04:52 PM

Social media, censorship and three idiots...

dragracerx2813 09-21-2022 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Langer (Post 6373800)

True story!