PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pontiac - Race (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=419)
-   -   What have E headed cars done recently? (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=810163)

grandville455 10-03-2017 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wreckmastr (Post 5793528)
Damn give it a rest guys it's been the same old chit here for years "Head Wars" Just be happy there so many choices available to you and that a LOT of other people have foot the bill for the R&D. Pick that one works for you and live with it. When you have out grown them sell them for $.50 on the dollar like most do and move up. There are SO many other things that it takes to make combination work.

Maybe spend less time on the keyboard and more time on the car :D BTW you can't win a argument with someone who "thinks" the know it all or an idiot.

We don't race flow sheet's, Dyno's or Calculators.

WELL SAID!! X2!!! Who gives a **** who's heads are on what car, dial it in to be the fastest u can and if not fast enough , then move onto something that gets u there! Everyone should be happy we have so many damn choices!

GTOGEORGE 10-03-2017 03:27 PM

All, this is is a discussion, it doesn't mean SH_T, just something to pass the time away. The ECM and others use to do it all the time, If I recall.........not so much anymore.

GTO George

GTOGEORGE 10-03-2017 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAUL K (Post 5793518)
George, Edelbrock doesn't get credit for any of the other parts offered for our Pontiac's? I just ordered some black krinkle nostalgic looking valve covers for a customer, I wasn't even aware they existed... so they must of come out fairly recent. Their mechanical full pump kicks butt and it's the best pump per dollar spent on the market. They offer a complete line of manifolds and valve covers. They changed the machining process on their heads so the valley pans fit and seal better. It doesn't require trimming the pan or grinding the manifold to make them fit (let's see how soon the other manufacturers make that change). They even offer a quality aluminum water pump for our cars along with several dress up items... not to mention the most powerful dyno'd Pontiac head on the planet! :D

Really.......valve covers and water pumps, oh forget you're a street guy. LOL!

GTO George

PAUL K 10-03-2017 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE (Post 5793542)
Really.......valve covers and water pumps, oh forget you're a street guy. LOL!

GTO George

Lol....silly naive me, I completely forgot race cars don't use valve covers, water pumps.... or degree wheels.

GTOGEORGE 10-03-2017 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAUL K (Post 5793549)
Lol....silly naive me, I completely forgot race cars don't use valve covers, water pumps.... or degree wheels.

Sorry they don't make a Electric fuel pump i can use and they don't make an electric water pump and NO on there junky valve covers!

Now on that degree wheel....I own one and HAVE USED it on the last 3 camshafts I've installed in my engine........NEVER said I didn't! JUST SAYING! Thats like Fake News! LOL!

GTO George

PAUL K 10-03-2017 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE (Post 5793555)
Sorry they don't make a Electric fuel pump i can use and they don't make an electric water pump and NO on there junky valve covers!

Now on that degree wheel....I own one and HAVE USED it on the last 3 camshafts I've installed in my engine........NEVER said I didn't! JUST SAYING! Thats like Fake News! LOL!

GTO George

Oh! Okay, I understand now...it's all about YOU!!!

FakeNewsTTFMF!!! :D

estep455 10-03-2017 04:27 PM

Quote:

Damn give it a rest guys it's been the same old chit here for years "Head Wars" Just be happy there so many choices available to you and that a LOT of other people have foot the bill for the R&D. Pick that one works for you and live with it. When you have out grown them sell them for $.50 on the dollar like most do and move up. There are SO many other things that it takes to make combination work.

Maybe spend less time on the keyboard and more time on the car :D BTW you can't win a argument with someone who "thinks" the know it all or an idiot.

amen!!!!

T Syron 10-03-2017 04:32 PM

Quote:

Well said. A big reason I rarely post or even visit this forum anymore.

Tom Syron

hurryinhoosier62 10-03-2017 05:42 PM

George, there's an old adage in South..." When you find yourself in a deep hole, STOP DIGGING..."

GTOGEORGE 10-03-2017 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hurryinhoosier62 (Post 5793597)
George, there's an old adage in South..." When you find yourself in a deep hole, STOP DIGGING..."

Don't see it that way but I made my point so I'm happy.
All the thread was about was how the fast guys are trading in the e heads for something else. What happened to the thread after that wasn't my fault.

GTO George

GTO Dan 10-03-2017 08:15 PM

This "head war" stupidity is old and tired. But unfortunately it will go on because this is a Pontiac only site. If there were Ford, MOPAR and off brand GM racers here then we could fight with them, there are not so we eat our own. Like a bunch of goldfish in a little tank, killing each other to show dominance, eventually there are only a couple of goldfish left and owner gets tired of buying new fish and flushes what's left away.

hurryinhoosier62 10-03-2017 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO Dan (Post 5793657)
This "head war" stupidity is old and tired. But unfortunately it will go on because this is a Pontiac only site. If there were Ford, MOPAR and off brand GM racers here then we could fight with them, there are not so we eat our own. Like a bunch of goldfish in a little tank, killing each other to show dominance, eventually there are only a couple of goldfish left and owner gets tired of buying new fish and flushes what's left away.

Excellent analogy...

Elarson 10-03-2017 10:23 PM

I can't help reading all of these head wars threads....it's like watching a train wreck.

The only real effect it has on me is lowering my opinion of certain people. If that's the intent, it's working.

Eric

hurryinhoosier62 10-03-2017 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elarson (Post 5793707)
I can't help reading all of these head wars threads....it's like watching a train wreck.

The only real effect it has on me is lowering my opinion of certain people. If that's the intent, it's working.

Eric

YEP!

Tom Vaught 10-04-2017 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAUL K (Post 5793558)
Oh! Okay, I understand now...it's all about YOU!!!

FakeNewsTTFMF!!! :D

Lets see now:

George vs Tom V.
George vs the ECM
George vs Mike Leech
George vs Dragncar
George vs Paul K.

Think you hit the nail on the head on this one.

That being said, NOTHING is going to change because it is an advertisement for GTOGEORGE and the Farmers.

That is a fact. None of the other forums have this "advertising" (All about You) issue.
(Except for maybe the boost forum where if you are not running a Roots Blower with zoomies you are not worth chit.) Who runs a Roots Blower with Zoomies?

99% of the other forums actually HELP other members with their projects.
The .0005% guy in the Boost Forum and Race Forum doesn't offer any help to anyone.
It is all about Him.

So you have posted a TRUTH there Paul. Not Fake News.

Leech was on a mission. He made it happen. His biggest detractor was the "all about me" guy. Dragncar has a mission, his turn now in the barrel. ECM guys got their time in the barrel. I don't Bracket Race, my time in the barrel.

The E-Head thread was just an attempt to advertise for the farmers, keep his name out there, and detract from Dragncar's mission. Can't have someone else talking about their program, has to be all about the farmers and their products and Mr "All about Me".

I speak TRUTH Kemosabe! Last post on this thread.

Tom V.

bpenrod 10-04-2017 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elarson (Post 5793707)

Eric

Consider who the op is.

estep455 10-04-2017 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Vaught (Post 5793760)
Lets see now:

George vs Tom V.
George vs the ECM
George vs Mike Leech
George vs Dragncar
George vs Paul K.

That being said, NOTHING is going to change because it is an advertisement for GTOGEORGE and the Farmers.

That is a fact. None of the other forums have this "advertising" (All about You) issue.
(Except for maybe the boost forum where if you are not running a Roots Blower with zoomies you are not worth chit.) Who runs a Roots Blower with Zoomies?

The .0005% guy in the Boost Forum and Race Forum doesn't offer any help to anyone.
It is all about Him.

Leech was on a mission. He made it happen. His biggest detractor was the "all about me" guy. Dragncar has a mission, his turn now in the barrel. ECM guys got their time in the barrel. I don't Bracket Race, my time in the barrel.

The E-Head thread was just an attempt to advertise for the farmers, keep his name out there, and detract from Dragncar's mission. Can't have someone else talking about their program, has to be all about the farmers and their products and Mr "All about Me".

Tom V.

I think he has actually talked more about the rav than he has kaufmann you two need to stop bantering each other and you are guilty that too. by the way George you know my e heads are sitting on the shelf!

Stan Weiss 10-04-2017 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Vaught (Post 5793760)
Lets see now:

George vs Tom V.
George vs the ECM
George vs Mike Leech
George vs Dragncar
George vs Paul K.

It is all about Him.

Tom V.

This whole thing reminds me of the Blues Brothers

ROTFLMAO

Stan

chiefbigb 10-04-2017 09:15 AM

After watching the ecm guys run last weekend I walked away with much respect for them. Head wise there was a set of E heads on one car. One running tiger heads and 2 sets of billet heads. All of the head designs ran well. No bs these are not stupid people behind keyboards trying to become something they are not. Beautiful cars with current technology and educated people turning the screws.

PAUL K 10-04-2017 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefbigb (Post 5793797)
After watching the ecm guys run last weekend I walked away with much respect for them. Head wise there was a set of E heads on one car. One running tiger heads and 2 sets of billet heads. All of the head designs ran well. No bs these are not stupid people behind keyboards trying to become something they are not. Beautiful cars with current technology and educated people turning the screws.

^^^Truth^^^ and very impressive!