Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: Joel Koontz
Forum: Members Helping Members 09-28-2020, 05:51 AM
Replies: 18
Views: 1,948
Posted By Joel Koontz
UPDATE: I bought some flexible waterproof LED...

UPDATE: I bought some flexible waterproof LED Black Light Strips from EB and then some others from Amazon.

I ordered the first set from EB and that was a mistake. I get most stuff from EB in...
Forum: Pontiac - Street 02-18-2014, 09:05 PM
Replies: 11
Views: 701
Posted By Joel Koontz
The alternator does appear to have an internal...

The alternator does appear to have an internal regulator and if you are not concerned about originality, I would definitely recommend using an internal regulator alternator. I think they are...
Forum: Pontiac - Street 02-17-2014, 08:07 PM
Replies: 56
Views: 4,060
Posted By Joel Koontz
I run a 255 LPH in-tank fuel pump designed for a...

I run a 255 LPH in-tank fuel pump designed for a FI vehicle with a RobbMC return style regulator feeding Tri-Power Carbs. The regulator does just fine at reducing the pressure from 60+ PSI to 5 PSI...
Forum: Pontiac - Street 02-16-2014, 06:31 PM
Replies: 26
Views: 2,993
Posted By Joel Koontz
I don't think it is very common to use poly locks...

I don't think it is very common to use poly locks with stamped steel rockers, but I am not aware of any reason why you can't. If they won't work, please explain why not?

I would think Grade 8...
Forum: Pontiac - Street 02-15-2014, 06:45 PM
Posted By Joel Koontz
Raising the position of the rocker stud is not...

Raising the position of the rocker stud is not going to require a longer pushrod.

It just means that the rocker needs to be positioned further down on the stud.
Forum: Pontiac - Street 02-15-2014, 06:12 PM
Posted By Joel Koontz
It would probably be a good idea to check for...

It would probably be a good idea to check for correct pushrod length, but I do not think you would need a longer pushrod after the changes you mentioned.

Moving the head closer to the cam should...
Forum: Suspension TECH 02-08-2014, 06:28 PM
Replies: 36
Views: 2,081
Posted By Joel Koontz
It is not abnormal. Some have two round and...

It is not abnormal.

Some have two round and some have one round and one oval. I am not sure which configuration was most common.
Forum: Pontiac - Street 01-22-2014, 12:35 PM
Replies: 20
Views: 1,826
Posted By Joel Koontz
I have also used the green slime and have found...

I have also used the green slime and have found that it works well, but not for an unlimited period of time.

I used it in some small trailer tires and it helped seal up around the rim. After...
Forum: Pontiac - Street 01-21-2014, 10:25 PM
Posted By Joel Koontz
I used to think the "Donut/Spacesaver" spare...

I used to think the "Donut/Spacesaver" spare tires were only good for low speeds/short distances, but my experience with one has changed my opinion regarding them.

Back in the late 80s I used to...
Forum: Pontiac - Street 01-21-2014, 03:18 PM
Posted By Joel Koontz
Pretty sure a 64 Tempest would have come stock...

Pretty sure a 64 Tempest would have come stock with 5 x 4.75 bolt pattern.

They do make space saver tires in either 5 x 4.5 and 5 x 4.75 and would seem like a good option for your situation.
Forum: Pontiac - Street 01-14-2014, 11:07 PM
Replies: 47
Views: 3,075
Posted By Joel Koontz
I cannot see any reason you would need a separate...

I cannot see any reason you would need a separate ground from the heads to the block.

In addition to the head bolts, you also have the metal portion of the head gaskets making a ground connection.
Forum: The Body Shop TECH 01-01-2014, 06:16 PM
Replies: 7
Views: 511
Posted By Joel Koontz
Most 1K and 2K primer and most fillers are not...

Most 1K and 2K primer and most fillers are not waterproof or even water resistant.

Most Epoxy primer is "waterproof"(VERY water resistant-even topcoats are not totally waterproof)

I would...
Forum: Pontiac - Street 07-02-2003, 08:10 PM
Replies: 6
Views: 661
Posted By Joel Koontz
I recently installed Eheads and Elite Valve...

I recently installed Eheads and Elite Valve Covers with H/S 1.65 rockers. The Elite Valve Covers are tall enough but I had an interference problem with 4 of the rockers hitting the indentation in...
Showing results 1 to 13 of 13