Conversation Between torqjunki and Ben T.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
  1. torqjunki
    02-26-2014 10:57 AM
    torqjunki
    69 GP...thats cool. Got a good friend here with a 69 GP. He loves those cars. He should have his on the road by now. It is rough and set up more for drag racing, but getting back into street driving now. It currently has a BBC, but he has been trying to sell it to get back into a Pontiac motor. Who has your engine? I use G&G in Rosehill. He is very quick getting my stuff done. I cruise all over when my stuff is running. Trying to get back on road soon to feel that cool weather horsepower!!
  2. Ben T.
    02-26-2014 09:18 AM
    Ben T.
    Hi David ,I have a 69 GP that I'm working on . Bought a 428 from a forum member last yr. and had it at the machine shop ever since . Bored 0.60 over 9.5.1 Cop. Comp. Cam Stump Puller Hyd. Roller Ported and polished 6x-4 Heads . Everything new but the block and Crank . Just wish they'd get the dang thing done ! Lets do get together . Do you ever venture over toward Field Store ? Weather should b getting nice pretty quick.
  3. torqjunki
    02-25-2014 10:59 AM
    torqjunki
    Hi Ben. Good luck with the lifters. Some have no issues and others can't seem to get a good set. I really don't see any way to assure good results other than opening them up and cleaning them out. It is a PITA for sure, but after the first few, it gets easier. LEt me know if I can help. What are you building and how far along are you? We should get together for a cruise some time. Stay in touch. 281-389-6150 David Sober
  4. Ben T.
    02-25-2014 08:35 AM
    Ben T.
    Just read your reply on the Comp. Cams Hyd. Lifter issues . Hope I don't have those problems . I just bought the Stump Puller and all necessary hardware for my 428 build. I spoke with Dave B. about these issues prior to purchase as I had read stories from guys on the forum having these problems. He said they were isolated and basically a small percentage .That Comp. had resolved these issues . That's way to much money ,time and labor to waste on something that produces grief ! I notice you live in Magnolia , I live just south of waller .