Conversation Between Dragncar and marks73ta
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 1 of 1
  1. marks73ta
    12-08-2012 12:13 PM
    marks73ta
    Hello. My name is Mark. I am a good friend of Bruce Wilkie and just bought an Accell 300+/375 ignition system from him. We were discussing using a distributor versus a crank trigger to synch the system. I asked him about using a points distributor and how much or how little gap is needed to trigger the Accell. He mentioned that you have been running a similar system for many years and to contact you for advice. I don't have a problem with using a points distributor but I am contemplating using some pretty high RPM with my motor (possibly 8000 or more) and I have concerns with the points bouncing. The reduced gap may solve the problem but I just don't know. I am guessing on my need for higher rpms because my combination is turbocharged and most times those combos just don't require higher rpms. This is a 406 based engine. My previous 455 (462) made all of it's 1065 hp at 5800. So I may not even have any concern, but I'm just getting all my ducks in a row just in case. I'm probably dumb for not just going to an electronic module to replace the points and be done. But I still wanted to find out what you have done or recommend. I appreciate any help you can send my way. Thanks.
    Mark L