Conversation Between MPKind and 70ra455
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
  1. MPKind
    06-29-2014 11:02 PM
    MPKind
    I see you found the thread I started a few years ago. That was just an experiment that worked out. I didn't get serious and make more until last year. I use the same part pictured in the thread. It's a specific AC Delco unit that can be modified once properly opened. I have 4 or 5 units on my bench that can be setup once a customer places an order. There was a fair amount of trial and error in the process, but I'm satisfied with the process at this point. I either bought or made tools that assisted in proper re-winding of the rheostat, cap removal and final testing using two mechanical and one O/E 65-66 electric o/p gauge.

I think I may update the old thread with some new pics as I prepare another sender. I'm asking $100 a piece. I've sold 2 this year. I really haven't promoted these units since I'm trying to put more time into my '65 Cat so I can get it to the body shop later this summer for paint. If you're really interested, you can purchase it via Paypal and I can get one put together for you.

Let me know and I'll send the Paypal ID if you're interested.

Thanks,

Matt
  2. 70ra455
    06-28-2014 04:06 AM
    70ra455
    I have no timetable actually. When u can get them that would be nice. Can you tell me what your final sender consisted of, how you got the kinks out, and how much is each one? Pics would be great too.

Thanks

Phil
  3. MPKind
    06-27-2014 10:23 AM
    MPKind
    Yes I am still selling them. I take it you need one, when do you want it?
  4. 70ra455
    06-26-2014 07:23 AM
    70ra455
    Matt are you still selling these senders for the '66 OP gauges?