Add Album Add Album
Search:
PY Albums
  Album Title Owner Pictures Reverse Sort Order Last Picture
Picture APD's Photo's ......
...... just some randem pics of what goes on at ground zero for the CV-1 development, and other stuff too ;) ......
twinturrbo406 60 05-14-2012 02:15 AM
Picture A vacation of speed, power, and history!
From The Rail Museum to The Reno Air Races to The Air and Space Museum...
uneasyrider 60 11-01-2011 09:48 PM
Picture The Project
Another Pontiac saved and on the road again
ho421 60 04-07-2015 04:31 PM
Picture 62 GP under construction
62 GP
chiefpontiac66 55 01-23-2014 07:29 PM
Picture My 1965 2+2
According to Pontiac Historical Services, this Catalina sports coupe was built on or about December 7, 1964, at the Linden, NJ, assembly plant., and sold by Jarman Pontiac in Baltimore, MD. The vehicle is Fontaine Blue with a Blue Charcoal interior. Original equipment included the 2+2 Sports Option, the 421CI / 356 HP WH code motor (one of 877 1965 Catalina’s so equipped), Tri-Power carburetion, with a 4-speed manual transmission, and 3.42 Saf-T-Track rear. Options included a floor console, AM radio, “wire wheel” covers, and back-up lights. There were no power steering or brakes.
My research has uncovered three previous owners: Kenneth W. Anthony until 1983 (if you’re out there, please contact me), Charlie Lynch 1983-2001, and Steve Parberry 2001-2007 – all from Sussex County, Delaware. Conversations with Steve and Charlie indicate that this car is completely original except for one exterior repaint prior to my purchase in September, 2007. Charlie owns an auto repair shop, and says that he purchased the car from Seaside Chevrolet, Frankford, DE, for $400, after it had been traded on a Chevrolet Scooter (!!!). The car had about 62,000 miles at the time. He said the motor is untouched. The heads have never been off. Original starter, alternator, carbs and factory air cleaner remain in place. He added a reel-out trunk light and 8-lug wheels. The interior is also untouched original, including carpets & headliner. All glass is original. All body panels are as installed at the factory.
Since purchasing the car, I have had the undercarriage blasted & epoxy primer and painted. The body was completely stripped and repainted in the original color, although I opted for base/clear coat. There are no Bondo patches on the car.
I am attempting to keep the car as original as practical. The few changes I have made are easily and completely reversible – the original parts are being retained. These changes include power steering (a concession to old age), 8-lug wheels, swap to original ’65 AM/FM factory radio, addition of factory dash mounted tachometer, and replacement of the rear package shelf.
All the chrome and stainless trim has been professionally restored, except for the rear trim panel. Still trying to find a decent piece.
The engine and transmission were removed while the car was being painted, so that the engine bay and engine itself could be painted. While removed, I took the opportunity to replace the timing set and the oil pump. The factory Tri-Power set-up was very professionally restored/rebuilt by Dick Niekamp, a most knowledgeable fellow and friend.
The wiring harness has been replaced from the firewall forward. The exhaust has been replaced with a stainless steel system from Pypes.
Except for paint and bodywork, all the work has been done by my friend Steve Gray, at his garage, with my assistance. Steve is an avid car hobbyist. Check out his website at Crazy4Carz.com. We have to forgive the fact that his main passion is Mopars.
65 Cat 2+2 54 01-31-2009 02:48 PM
Picture 2012 Chi-Town shindig
Stu Norman 52 05-07-2012 07:28 AM
Picture Past Rides
Birds & Goats
ponyakr 51 05-03-2013 05:41 AM
Picture 2+2 Album
2+2 50 07-19-2009 03:58 AM
Picture a little overboard re doing my car
for anybody interested in following the total re-creation of my pro street firebird
Stormin 50 03-23-2009 07:18 PM
Picture Keith Seymore - '65 GTO
1965 GTO, 09A "X" Pontiac built factory race car delivered to Van Seymore specifically for him to race through Royal Pontiac. Black/black, 389 tripower 4 speed, manual steering manual brakes. Delivered with the hood inner already cut for a ram air system and with the battery mounted in the trunk. Raced in B/Stock in 1965 and B/MP from 1967 through 1974, the car is a multi time local class winner and 5 time NHRA record holder (12.20 ET best). Stored since 1974 Dad's GTO has 5000 original miles and is in original unrestored condition ("born with" paint, interior, driveline, etc) and has been featured or mentioned in numerous enthusiast books and magazines. The car is currently on display at the Gilmore Museum in Hickory Corners MI through June of 2021.
Keith Seymore 50 07-07-2014 08:56 AM
Add Album Add Album
Search: