69 Lemans 'Vert
Purchased this car in 1998. Restoration began spring, 2008. Completed June 2011... but still tinkering.
IMG 0162
May 2015 at the Atlanta BOPC show.
Latest engine "look". The 455 call-out and open breather catch a lot more attention when I open the hood.
Oct 2014 Car Show - Lemans hanging out with my 74 T/A
Oct 2014 Car Show
Visited my sister July 4th weekend (300 mile round trip) . Giving my nieces a nice ride through the neighborhood here.  Gave my brother-in-law a...
July 2013 out shopping on a rare sunny day.  Still looks and runs good.  Fun just driving around town- gets tons of attention!
Oct 2012, at a local car show just 3 days after drag strip testing
NOT a garage-queen
October 2012, first time at drag strip.  ET 13.66
Sept 17 2011 car show - photo taken by local newspaper
Sept 17 2011 car show
Original "70 GTO 455 engine option"  :)
Look Ma, no scoops!  But then an aftermarket GTO hood with fake scoops wouldn't make the 455 any stronger.
View from rear, OK so it has GTO tail lights.  But Lemans repops are not available.
June 2011 - Bumper alignment is as good as its going to get
June 2011 - Always more to do, but going to enjoy driving for a while!
June 2011 - restoration work finished
Nov 2010 - Stripped down again and in the resto shop for bodywork and new paint.
Dash was repaired, then dyed using the correct color code for the original dark red.  Bezels and louvers were vacuum plated and detailed, new...
Oct 2010- dash all back together and car back on the road.  Also restored the console and rebuilt the shifter, with new chrome and woodgrain on...
Reassembly in progress.  Dash is actually dark red. Discovered that red is a hard color to photograph indoors- the flash really washes out all the...
All the rust gone, new harnesses, insulation, A/C heater system cleaned up with new heater core.  Ready for dash.
June 2010: Frame and fwd dash were refinished with correct dark red paint, new glass, header vinyl and polished stainless trim installed.