73-77 A-body TECH Includes 73GTO, LeMans, Grand Am, Can Am

Old 03-08-2016, 12:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 1976 LeMans - Olympic Edition

I lived in Canada around this time (1976) and I recall a lot of dealers in the area cashing in on the 1976 Montreal Summer Olympic Games. Not sure if this was a dealer specific car, or something sold across Canada.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1976 LeMans Olympic Edition.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	423096  

My Bio: I am currently writing articles for POCI's Smoke Signals magazine and enjoy promoting and discussing the history of the Pontiac Motor Division.
Old 03-08-2016, 03:53 PM

I am pretty sure they were available across Canada . In the summer of 76 I was in Newfoundland visiting family and I saw one there as well, saw many at the dealers in Toronto at that time , during my bicycle riding times its what I use to do ride to the different dealers to see what they had. Chevrolet had a Malibu as well , all Lemans as far as I know we're Canadian built with Chev motors from Oshawa . I think this one pictured has some extra pin striping on it , don't think they had that much. Many a day I day dreamed about having one instead of my 10 speed bike.

Old 03-08-2016, 04:11 PM

Read that they built 807 units from Oshawa , and there was also a Gmc pickup truck edition as well as a VAN ? Read that 1,017 Malibu's were built . A good read in the Canadian Poncho Site . My mistake the pin striping is correct.