Old 07-07-2014, 02:59 PM

Default 16 inch rallye II wheels

Anyone have any pictures of the sixteen inch rallys on their car? 17 look a bit big and 15's a bit small. Any photos would be appreciated and any input on wheel selection as well. Thanks

Old 07-07-2014, 10:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

When I have the time to swap out my 67 rear end for the 66 in my shop these are the wheels I am going to get. Yearone makes a beautiful 17" cast rally II. But, they will not fit on the rear of my 67 because of their backspace. The second picture is a car that someone else posted and the last picture shows them on my car. The picture was enhanced by a fellow PYer to show a redline tire on the front. I actually bought these wheels but returned them after finding they would not fit the rear of my car.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	prw178gun.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	369431   Click image for larger version

Name:	New wheels.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	369432   Click image for larger version

Name:	oldandnewwheels2a.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	369433  

Old 07-08-2014, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrffytr1 View Post
When I have the time to swap out my 67 rear end for the 66 in my shop these are the wheels I am going to get. Yearone makes a beautiful 17" cast rally II. But, they will not fit on the rear of my 67 because of their backspace. The second picture is a car that someone else posted and the last picture shows them on my car. The picture was enhanced by a fellow PYer to show a redline tire on the front. I actually bought these wheels but returned them after finding they would not fit the rear of my car.
Both these cars are 16's? The convertible looks like they might be seventeens. But you bring up a good point. I have a 67 and what does the backspace need to be on a 7 and 8 inch wheel?

Old 07-08-2014, 03:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

All of these are 17" wheels. In fact the single wheel and the second picture are 17x9s. We would need at least 5" backspace for the wheels to work on the 67 with an 8" wheel. The YearOne rallys are only available in 8 or 9". The 8s come with a 4.5" backspace and the 9s come with a 5" backspace. The only way to make the 8" wheel work on the car would be to replace the rear end with a 66, alter the rear wheel well lip or raise the rear of the car.

Old 07-08-2014, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrffytr1 View Post
Good info! Thank you!

Old 07-08-2014, 09:15 PM

More info: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=728269