Old 11-17-2007, 11:44 PM
Senior Chief

Default 69 judge garage find

Since everybody is also finding these barn finds I thought I should share my new garage find. This car has been hiding a long time, I heard about this black on black judge about 2 years ago and could not locate it. The car had been sitting apart since 1982 in a garage. When I finally tracked it down 2 years ago I had found the car was sold.
Thought end of story. Would of at least liked to have just seen the black judge.
Anyway's a couple of weeks ago I went to a local welding shop to get some work done and the owner (who I knew)asked me how my Judge was running etc. Then we started talking about a judge that he had bought and was going to restore. Guess what, it's a black on black judge,wow I thought could this be it....
He said to me I have it out back in a building if you would like to see it? So we went out back of shop and there was two little buildings. One housed the body and frame and the other was full of the parts and sheet metal etc.
Everything was there except original WS or muncie 4spd. Have 48 heads & exhaust manifolds. Bummer but otherwise complete rust free clean judge.It was originally carousel red car and was painted black back in the 70's. The new owner had started to restore frame and had it blasted and repainted and new mounts installed.
The under body had been cleaned and repainted also but that is about it. He wasn't sure if he would ever finish the car.
The car was in such unbelievable shape and complete I had to make a deal and purchased it. The rest is history.

Specs,
Judge, 02c ,Baltimore, 72 72 paint, 258 trim, ramair 3, 4-speed close ratio m-21, HD safety track 3.90 ratio, HD radiator, HD clutch fan, console, am radio, rear speaker, hood mounted tach, power disc brakes, power steering, rally gauges & rally clock, ride and handling, rear defroster, tinted windshield, extra fuel for delivery & antifreeze

Missing parts,
WS engine , muncie m-21, complete 4 speed console, JA rally 2's,rear speaker, extra fuel(may still be in tank ? )

Last edited by 3goats; 06-01-2008 at 02:36 AM.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:45 AM

Hey 3GOATS,

Is that Scott Grenier's car? DA Building Lethbridge?

Old 11-18-2007, 01:01 AM
Senior Chief

Pillman That would be the one. We made a deal with cars. He is sporting my 69 hardtop now.
So you have seen this car?

Old 11-18-2007, 01:10 AM

3Goats, no I actually haven't seen the car. I would love to though. I have know Scotty for quite a while. I used to play ball hockey with him thru some mutual friends. About six months ago I ran into him at work and started telling him about my 70 Judge and he then tells me about his 69. Man, small world. We should get together and compare Pontiac notes one of these days. Cheers Martie.

Old 11-18-2007, 01:43 AM
Senior Chief

Yes we should do that, notes, parts, whatever.

Old 11-19-2007, 09:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Some really nice equipment as built. Great find.

I have a 2C Baltimore Judge, since 1986. No evidence of "GTO" over the heater controls, nor "Judge" glovebox emblem. Is yours like that too ?

Old 11-19-2007, 10:09 AM
Senior Chief

Baron thanks. All of those options are still with car minus engine and 4-speed .
It doesn't have neither emblem. I had always thought that without judge emblem they had the gto emblem? Maybe not. There is no holes in that area behind dash. Also has rear quarter trim crome.
I also noticed slight differences in clips and fasteners compared to my 05c pontiac built judge that is kind of neat. I'm glad a lot of the parts where bagged and tagged that had been disassembled. That will help me a lot on restore.

Old 11-19-2007, 10:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3goats
Baron thanks. All of those options are still with car minus engine and 4-speed .
It doesn't have neither emblem. I had always thought that without judge emblem they had the gto emblem? Maybe not. There is no holes in that area behind dash. Also has rear quarter trim crome.
I also noticed slight differences in clips and fasteners compared to my 05c pontiac built judge that is kind of neat. I'm glad a lot of the parts where bagged and tagged that had been disassembled. That will help me a lot on restore.
I believe there was a cutoff date of mid Feb/69 for removal of GTO emblem and rear 1/4 chrome lower mouldings but any supplies left over may have still been installed (and Judge emblem addition may have had delays in shipment supplies to some plants) so no real stop date of the GTO emblem/start date of Judge emblem, which could explain some anomalies where you may have both GTO and Judge emblems (while other plants may have only 1 or other, or none in this case)...Just my

Old 11-19-2007, 11:05 AM

Send a message via MSN to 66geeto

so are we supposed to follow your build thread under the name 4goats now?
congrats on the buy, looks like a good starting point i hate sandblasting it seems to be all i do anymore.

Old 11-19-2007, 11:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yeh, the having either one (early - GTO dash) / or the other (Judge gbox) was a generalized consensus for some time.

Yours is about the 4th or 5th I have asked about that were 2C Baltimore and all have been same so far. Neither emblem. I have a 69 replacement door with emblem in supply, so not scared to use one if I want too. Always neat to document some trends.

What is the Engine unit number on your GM Canada Phs ?

All the 2B and earlier Baltimore Judges I've sourced have had the GTO dash emblem. I've not sourced any 2D Baltimore Judges personally yet. All those 3A and later have had the Judge on gbox.

Along with what Robz is saying, Possibly they just built too many more Judges and GTO's in February at Baltimore than they were forecasting and ran short in Baltimore.

Have even sourced GTO's (non Judge) built 2C in Baltimore - non a/c - that didn't have the GTO emblem on dash.

Mine also has the lower qtr trim, and the trunklid/qtr corner trim.

2C is also the first week of build I have found that are available as "non pattern" ordered, where option selection could be chosen. But they still are all Crsl Red that week. 03A at minimum is earliest non Crsl Red date think I've seen yet.

Old 11-19-2007, 11:31 AM
Senior Chief

66geeto
I forgot to mention that I had to sacrifice the wifes 69 matched numbers hardtop to purchase the judge so i'm still a 3 goats guy.
Don't worry she can't waite to sport the new judge.

Last edited by 3goats; 06-01-2008 at 02:36 AM.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:06 PM
Senior Chief

Baron Von Zeppelin
I don't see a engine unit number on phs? Would this be it 137327.

All it lists is the options unless there is a page missing?
Thanks for replies.
I've been working on a clone 69 judge rag for about 2 years now and can't decide if I should finish that or start on this.
I wanted a 70 judge to work on but this came up first.

Old 11-20-2007, 06:26 PM

Send a message via AIM to link09

Hey 3-goats I didn't realize ya had to trade the white 69. That WAS a nice car. you'll have to drop by fer a bubbly.

Old 11-20-2007, 11:16 PM
Senior Chief

Hey Link09
I am and will stop for a bubbly to check out your new toy. Work is always in my face lately.
The white car was not a straight across deal at all .I did fairly well I think on transaction and because this is what I like to do as a hobby. The white car was a nice car all matching etc. and had a lot of options I would of liked to keep but it didn't say judge and would never be.

This judge doesn't look very pretty now in the pics I have posted, but close up it is a very clean rust free body that needs very little body work and very little to no rust repair.
See ya soon.