Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 03-22-2006, 10:38 PM

Default RUNNING A ACCUSUMP

JUST WANTING INFO ON RUNNING A ACCUSUMP SYSTEM.HAVE 79 TA WITH FRESH 462 .THE CAR WAS BUILT FOR ROAD RACE.WHILE OUT PLAYING AROUND WITH THE CAR I NOTICED A OIL PRESSURE DROP AFTER A SUDDEN BRAKING,NOT GOOD..IT WAS ON ITS WAY DOWN ,STOPED AT 3 POUNDS BEFORE CLIMBING UP AGAIN.IM RUNNING A MILODON ROAD RACE OIL PAN.BUT APPARENTLY IT DOESNT HELP UNDER HARD BRAKING.OIL IS CLIMBING UP THE FRONT PAN ,MAYBEE, NO TRAPS THERE. I WAS GOING PRETTY GOOD WHEN I STOPPED HARD.MAYBEE THERE WAS A LOT OF OIL UP TOP AND DIDNT HAVE TIME REACH THE PAN UNDER HARD DECELERATION ?I JUST PURCHASED A ACCUSUMP SYSTEM FROM CANTON TO HOPEFULLY ELIMINATE THAT PROBLEM. IT,S A 3 QUART SYSTEM WITH ELECTRICT ACTUATED VALVE,HAS A SWITCH FOR PRE LUBING ,AND OPPERATIND PRESSURE OF 35 TO 40 PSI. WICH NOW MEANS ILL HAVE 9 QUARTS OF OIL IN THE SYSTEM.MY CONCERN IS WILL THERE BE TO MUCH OIL IN THE PAN AT ANY PETICULAIR TIME.THEREFORE CAUSING THE CRANK TO BE DREDGING THRU THE OIL THAT WILL DEFINITELY CAUSE RECIPROCATING LOSS. "DRAG" HOW DOES THE SYSTEM KNOW, WHEN THE ENGINE HAS TO MUCH OIL.ANY INFORMATION WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED..

Old 03-23-2006, 01:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

big head, The Accusump will dump oil into the system when the opl pressure, from the pump drops, but as soon as the oil pump picks up oil again it will pump oil back into the 3 quart reservoir.

64 GTO, tube chassis w/606" IA tall deck, PG & a pro geared Fab 9". 2750 lbs.
8.2550@164.17-1/4, 5.2901@131.97-1/8, 1.1981-60-ft. 8/10/08

Old 03-23-2006, 08:31 AM
Senior Chief

Send a message via AIM to nasty66gto

Sounds like you might not have enough oil in the engine
or you having a pickup problem
it may have fallen off

Old 03-23-2006, 08:43 AM

I do know there was 6 quarts of fresh 30 weight oil in the engine at the time.the pick up is a milodon unit also.pressure is fine at all engine loads accept during hard braking.had that problem with last set up .thought i had it under control this time.i do realize that accusump is a supply & demand system.thanks..