67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Old 08-04-2000, 07:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I did not know where else to post this question/topic so here it is. Does anyone know of a car cover that does not let water pass through it? I have bought 3 car covers over the past week and with the daily thunderstorm we had this week, the car was wet underneath each day. I have spent anywhere from 45-140 dollars on these things that all say water repellant/proof and same WET results. My car is in primer and will be outside for a few months and a garage is not available for it. I have done the cheap plastic tarps but the build up heat and leak as well. Has anyone have good luck with one and can give me a recommendation on this? thanks,

Old 08-04-2000, 07:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I did not know where else to post this question/topic so here it is. Does anyone know of a car cover that does not let water pass through it? I have bought 3 car covers over the past week and with the daily thunderstorm we had this week, the car was wet underneath each day. I have spent anywhere from 45-140 dollars on these things that all say water repellant/proof and same WET results. My car is in primer and will be outside for a few months and a garage is not available for it. I have done the cheap plastic tarps but the build up heat and leak as well. Has anyone have good luck with one and can give me a recommendation on this? thanks,

Old 08-04-2000, 12:49 PM
Administrator

Steve, there is no such thing as a "totally" water repellent car cover...otherwise it would be called a cheap tarp. The better car covers are meant to keep dirt, sap, hail, etc off of your paint. The repellency feature is just a bonus when at a car show and you get a quick light shower, you don't have to chamois the whole car again. You may want to keep one of the quality ones you bought and also add the tarp when rain is due....just make sure you take it back off after a good rain.

Old 08-04-2000, 01:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My boat has a light waterproof cover that breathes well never leaks. I am suprised that cars do not. I will try your suggestion with a plastic tarp or else get a cheaper car cover and spray the water proofing on it. Maybe that would do me? Thanks for the info. -S

Old 09-01-2000, 07:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I bought and tried 6 car covers from $40 to $160. The winner is Tybond by Coverite car covers from Pep Boys. It is $45 bucks and does not, I repeat does not leak a drop. Funny how one of the cheapest was the best. so now I am spending my time taking back the 5 car covers to R and S Straus and Pep Boys!