67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Old 02-11-2000, 10:31 AM

I've got a buddy that has a 69 that had an oem luggage rack. The unit was damaged when a tree fell on the reardeck/roof of this car before he bought it. He bought this car from the origional owner in 74 ,the shop that repaired the roof and installed the vinyl top removed the rack and didn't reinstall it. All we have left are the holes in the deck lid. Does anyone out there know what this unit looks like? We are going to start restoring this car in the spring / summer and would like to have a photo so that he can decide if he wants a spoiler or rack. The origional was supposed to give him the rack when it came in but he died before that happened. Any help is greatly appreciated as i have no clue as to what this thing resembles. Thanks mike nixon

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 02-11-2000, 10:31 AM

I've got a buddy that has a 69 that had an oem luggage rack. The unit was damaged when a tree fell on the reardeck/roof of this car before he bought it. He bought this car from the origional owner in 74 ,the shop that repaired the roof and installed the vinyl top removed the rack and didn't reinstall it. All we have left are the holes in the deck lid. Does anyone out there know what this unit looks like? We are going to start restoring this car in the spring / summer and would like to have a photo so that he can decide if he wants a spoiler or rack. The origional was supposed to give him the rack when it came in but he died before that happened. Any help is greatly appreciated as i have no clue as to what this thing resembles. Thanks mike nixon

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 02-12-2000, 12:52 AM

There was a an article in an older Pontiac Enthusiast or other Pontiac Magazine about a (I believe) carousel red convertible with this usual option. There were several color pictures of it and if I recall correctly, they said it was actually a corvette luggage rack.

------------------
Mitch

Old 02-12-2000, 09:42 AM

The vette racks are similiar, but
is you know what looking at you could tell the difference. You could buy a Vette one through a company, I don't remember the off hand but I could find it. The 69 Bird & Camaro rack is even more special because it's the only year they put wood grain tape accross the supports to jazz it up a bit.
Does you lid have 4 holes or 6?
6 would indicate they might have
put a Vette rack on originally.
Hope this helps

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 02-12-2000).]

Old 02-12-2000, 02:09 PM

Thanks for the info guys. I'll have to get over to mike's and clean the car off [boxes and such] and check the number of holes. The car has been sitting since he bought it so this may be an all day project. Thanks again, mike

- Winston Churchill
Old 02-13-2000, 02:36 PM

I just happened to find the magazine today. Its the July/August 97 Pontiac Enthusiast and shows these color pictures.

------------------
Mitch

Old 02-27-2000, 03:02 AM

Ron Johnson bought one in Buffalo last year for resale. He may still have it. 301-668-0101.

Old 03-12-2000, 07:07 PM

1 for sale on ebay for a 69 camaro.

------------------
Mitch