Non Pontiac Motors in Pontiacs includes factory 403,305,350 Chevy, Buick V6,
Also Pontiac Motors in non-Pontiacs!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-14-2013, 09:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Project Heretic or Operation Mashup

Back in 2005 I was vending at a swapmeet and a guy noting my Pontiac ballcap asked whether I wanted a 1978 Firebird, as in free. It was not far away - nor was it a Firebird, or a 78... but a 1979 Trans Am, originally a 403 car. His race partner's wife wanted it out of the backyard. So I hired a tow to drag it home where it sat gathering moss for 5 years.

It was dragged out of it's sleep, washed and the content's assessed. As you see the driver's fender was banged up, but the car was remarkably rust-free. I have been slowly gathering parts: Verdean gave me 2 70-73 nosepieces and ancillary stuff (he ended up building my shop, not a bad investment...) Eric in Bremerton sold me a nice short block for the princely sum of $20 (thanks!). Other items fell into place; interior bits from a 78 Camaro, ST10 from a 1974 Corvette, leather seats from a 95 Corvette.

A few things will of course be changed - I hate the 79-81 noses; so it was given away. And the rear bumper won't look right with the rest of the curvy body so I have plans to cure that issue also.

Car was originally bought in Everett, WA - about 7 miles away, home now to Revord Motors

Mods: wasn't sure where this thread belongs, so if it needs to be moved please do so...

The Following User Says Thank You to Scarebird For This Useful Post: