THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2020, 02:25 PM
Suspended

Default USPS - Worthless and incompetent

Been waiting on an item from Texas that was sent on 7/19/20, another from MO on 7/28/20 and another from CA on 8/3/20. There have been others over the last month that were just as bad or worse.

That outfit does nothing but bleed money and still cannot get the job done right and/or on time. Time for them to go under.

Old 08-11-2020, 02:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I had a case like that recently. I filed a 'lost package' case. It arrived about 3 days later. Might be worth a try....

Old 08-11-2020, 02:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Was it mailed via SmartPost? That is 4th class mail and under guidelines set by the new USPS "leadership" that is getting "delivered when we get time to deliver it."

Old 08-11-2020, 03:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

We are going through a pandemic right now. Lots of mail is slow. I sent some stuff Media that took a week, as usual, while the same thing took a month when I sent it a week later. If you need reliability, I suggest Priority, but even that may not be 3 days these days.

Old 08-11-2020, 04:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Last package with a GTO part in it was sent USPS.

Estimated delivery on dropping it off at the post office on a Thursday was Tuesday the next week. The recipient got it on Saturday morning, 3 days early.

Ordered a Navigation update for my Cadillac ATS last Thursday, got it yesterday.

USPS seems to work fine coming and going for me.

Old 08-11-2020, 04:49 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Zero problems with USPS on my end. With the recent changes it won't get better IMO.

The Following User Says Thank You to Poncho60 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2020, 05:00 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diego View Post
We are going through a pandemic right now. Lots of mail is slow. I sent some stuff Media that took a week, as usual, while the same thing took a month when I sent it a week later. If you need reliability, I suggest Priority, but even that may not be 3 days these days.
Been waiting almost a month for my "Priority" package. A claim was put in 2 weeks ago. They won't pay because they "claim" its on its way. BULL

Old 08-11-2020, 06:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

In late June I bought several items on ebay for a Mustang I was giving to my son a month later for his birthday. Only 2 out of 6 items shipped with USPS arrived in that 4-week time frame. Actually still waiting on one item that was shipped on June 18...the tracking info shows that this item went from the east coast all the way to Phoenix, then back to Indiana where it sat for over a week, now it's on its way to somewhere else. I inquired about it..."I can't tell you where it's going or when it will get there, but I can see it's going somewhere, and when it gets there we'll know." Good grief. I know the pandemic is really stressing some organizations, but during the same time period, fed ex was 3-3, and UPS was 2 for 2. There was one slight UPS delay, and that was due to the train derailment in Tempe, to which I received a notification right away. Even DHL managed two timely deliveries. This doesn't count daily non-USPS deliveries from Amazon and other places to our home. I hate to rail on the Post Office this way, and maybe I'm venting a little, but there are some major problems with that outfit.

Old 08-11-2020, 07:57 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

No matter what shipping service is used, there are both horror stories and no problem stories.

66 Chevy II 461 Pontiac in AZ
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tooski For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2020, 08:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I had a problem once with getting insurance paid out. Which they finally did, I think they just stretched it out, hoping that it would go away. Ive never had a real problem with delivery though. I send almost all the parts I buy or sell USPS priority. No problems

https://www.youtube.com/@CatfishMotorsports
Old 08-11-2020, 08:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

A package I sent First Class Mail on June 10th just arrived yesterday. 2 months! It was supposed to be there in 4 days. I've had recent items shipped to me via UPS actually arrive early.

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 08-11-2020, 08:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have absolutely no problem with USPS. I've received 2 packages recently on time or early. Sh-t happens.

Old 08-11-2020, 08:19 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I had a Butler order which left from them on the 3/19/20 and arrived on my door 6/19/20, that's to down under, but usually it only takes 2 weeks to reach me, it sat in Florida for 6 weeks!

Old 08-11-2020, 09:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Recently sent parts to a customer 150 miles away. Normally he gets any parcels from me the next day, this time it left on Thursday and arrived on Tuesday. The clerk told me it was gonna be Tuesday.

Old 08-11-2020, 09:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Ditto on avoiding smart post, good luck otherwise

Still have my 1st Firebird
7th Firebird
57 Starchief
Old 08-11-2020, 09:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Fwiw..... I've had five packages from USPS take four to six weeks to get delivered since this Covid thing has started. None were lost permanently. Just posting so you know there's a chance your package will show up eventually.

Old 08-11-2020, 10:05 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL K View Post
Fwiw..... I've had five packages from USPS take four to six weeks to get delivered since this Covid thing has started. None were lost permanently. Just posting so you know there's a chance your package will show up eventually.
I'm sure it will show up eventually. But, you pay for a service.... It would be nice to get the service. Or a partial refund for derelict of duty.

Old 08-11-2020, 10:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I bought an iron intake from someone on the forum. It got lost somewhere in the midwest I think...can't remember now. The seller and I both tried to track it down for weeks with no luck. The seller had agreed to refund me and then it suddenly showed up. I had one of those pink notices in my mailbox.
I went to the P.O and there it was. The box had broken open at some point and instead of contacting me or him about the problem, my mail lady told me that the post office (somewhere) had been using it for a doorstop for over a month!

Old 08-11-2020, 10:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

i have about a dozen cars in progress at any time, with parts coming in from all over the U.S. every week. I believe that good and bad experiences with shippers will vary by location. In my case the USPS totally sucks. My FedEx driver will dump a torn box in a heartbeat and complain if I ask him to wait while I open and inspect the contents. UPS is my best option.

Old 08-11-2020, 11:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

We ship around 3,000+ packages a year via USPS. Other than the Atlanta area (?) we have few issues.

That said, Covid has indeed played havoc and the new Postmaster General is actively trying to **** things up.

Closed Thread