THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 05-19-2013, 10:30 PM
PY VIP

Default New Topic - Jokes/Pranks victim or instigator

Here is my next topic:

I will start off with prank that I did years ago on a good friend of mine. Actually played this prank on one of my many trips to the GTO/POCI events back in the 1980s. If you were involved back then with the clubs you know most of their national meets was usually held about a week apart in different parts of the country.

I usually stayed on the road between the two events and traveling with me was my old time mechanic. He loved to travel and loved to stay in camp grounds. At the time I had a Chevy pick up truck and one of those little 13 foot Scotty trailers. My mechanic was about 20 years older than me and suffered from diabetes.

Anyhow we pulled into this one big camp ground to spend the nite. Asleep in the little 13 foot Scotty I heard him get up one nite and wonder down to the bathroom on the camp grounds. I quietly got up and moved the truck and trailer to the far opposite side of the camp grounds and waited for him to emerge from the bathroom.

As you can imagine he was completely confused as he wondered around looking in the general area that we had parked. (I could almost imagine the profanity he must have been muttering to himself). He then spotted the Scotty so I quickly made it like I was asleep. The next morning nothing was said and I often wondered if he thought he was confused or did I play a joke on him?

He was a terrific long time friend and excellent mechanic. He put more than one clutch in my tow trucks on the driveway in the winter time and did all the work on my trick 1964 GTO putting the engine trans and rear together in that car that some of you may remember.

Every winter he went to Florida and every summer he camped on our driveway and worked for me. He had some great stories.

So readers now its your turn joke or prank that you instigated or fell victim to. Lets hear your story.....keep it clean!

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Old 05-20-2013, 08:59 AM

best one we did was to turn a college roommate's room around completely opposite of what it was, even the vanity in the vanity in the bathroom was reversed. he was screwed up for days.

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 05-20-2013, 09:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

When I was doing the GTO club newsletter many years ago, way before the computers were affordable, I'd type and mail them. Hada friend in the club with an iris mist 65 GTO convertible who always gave me a fit because my convertible was white and I hadpaintedit the wrong color. He even went so far as to make me a small plaque with a picture of his car with "I wish I had painted mine iris mist" logoed under the picture.

We had a newsletter coming out about 10 days before the Super Bowl one year so I got even. On the last page of the newsletter I made a big announcement that there would be a big Super Bowl party at his house with all the fixens provided. I only put the article in his copy of the newsletter and no one elses. Took him awhile to figure out why no one showed up.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:36 AM

There's a couple of things that come to mind. One was similar to Mike's. A friend of mine and me were visiting out girlfriends' apartment.
While they went out shopping we put everything upside down, put the fridge in the living room with a tape player inside of it playing "Set Me Free" by The Kinks.

Another prank we did as kids. We put frogs in the roadside mailboxes of our neighbors.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:37 AM
Suspended

Funny!

Old 05-21-2013, 02:18 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via Yahoo to AROWHED

Not technically a prank, but....
I worked in a huge lumberyard Summer of 1989. Another guy working there would disappear for a hour or two during his Saturday 8 hour shift. One day I watched him slip into the pole barn where there was large bags of cellulose insulation stacked about 7-8 feet high, 40 across and at least 30 feet deep to the back wall. Sure enough, he didn't come out for over an hour. Went in there and discovered he had hollowed himself out a hole in that stack where no one could see, along the back wall. He laid down thin boards to walk on top of the stack of bags to get to his hidey hole, and he'd snooze on a small pile of those bags, like huge pillows at the bottom of his hole, while the rest of us were still working and had no idea where he was.
I told another guy there about it, so we got in there and dug out a second hole along his path, then used furring strips to support a single top layer of bags, and left one layer of bags on the concrete floor to somewhat break his fall...effectively creating a tiger trap.
Next Saturday we kept an eye on him, and saw him finally sneaking off into the pole barn....and came limping right back out about 5 minutes later, with a pissed off look on his face. He never said a word about it to anybody...he well knew he'd been caught. Later we went in there, and as we expected to find, the trap was most definitely sprung.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:05 PM
PY VIP

Here is another one from my past.....actually did two versions of this. First one we played on my son at his high school graduation...

He graduated in the 1980s. Just prior to the big day I went around with a video camera making a video of his favorite places etc. I also went to a gas station that I never go to...approached the young kid pumping gas and asked him if he would go a long with the gag. I gave him some pointers on my son and then filmed him wishing my son a congrats on graduating and remembering all the good times they had riding 4 wheelers in the neighborhood and had him mention some of my sons close friends etc.

The kid was perfect....so when we watched the video with my son he was baffled who this guy was since he had no idea....

few years later got to play a similar gag on my dear sweet Mom on her 70th birthday.
It was held at a huge country club so prior to our gig I interviewed a complete stranger a lady about the age of my Mom and repeated the same trick filled her in on some of my Moms background and she did her bit on the film for me.

Naturally my dear sweet Mom hated to admit it at the luncheon that she had no idea who that lady was on the video talking about their good times together..

denniskirban@yahoo.com

My son as a senior in high school had my wifes old GTO a 1968 that she had. Was well optioned wood wheel tilt column Hurst dual gate tach, hidden headlites all in primer he resprayed it a metallic red.

No idea where that car is today....he also built his first Lamborghini kit car and drove it to school....he excelled in body shop as you can imagine...today has painted cars that have gone tobe shown Pebble Beach in California.

alot more skilled than his Dad...

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Old 05-21-2013, 11:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Mid 70's, I was working in a Buick dealership body shop. One employee would lock himself in the restroom everyday for a half hour after lunch. That ended when I sprayed the toilet seat with a very heavy coating of WD-40. One of many pranks I pulled on Bruce Cummins.

Old 05-22-2013, 07:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

When I worked at a Gulf gas station in the 80's-90's we would take condensers for points ignitions, charge them up on a running engine, and leave them laying around. It never failed that within a few hours someone would come in, pick one up and instinctively touch the terminal end while holding the condenser body and ZAP!
My boss, who was a helluva prankster, also had a small wooden box that contained a coil spring wrapped in camouflage material. It had 'Cobra' painted on the side. When people would come in and ask about it, he would tell them there was a real cobra in there and to stay away from it. People are people, and that would get them more interested. He would then wait until they were leaning in to get a better look and then open the door, releasing the spring and scaring the ^&%$ out of most people. He finally put it away after a guy crashed through the glass in the door trying to get away.

Old 05-22-2013, 07:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Went to a backyard Pontiac car party, where my trip to the Keg was met with finding the Tap has a Wooden PMD 4-Speed knob just like my car has...or had.

Old 05-22-2013, 08:02 AM

In the long hallway at an arena concert, would yell "Hey Stupid" or some other descriptive profanity. When everyone would turn around I would wave them off then point saying "Not You the other one!" and then usually move out quickly.

Old 05-22-2013, 09:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Anyone else ever zip tie a washer fluid line to the steering column and wire the pump to something like a blinker or headlights?

The Silver Buick- '77 Skylark coupe w/455, SPX, MegaSquirt 3 & TKO-600 (Drag Week 2011, 2012 & 2015!)

1969 Firebird with a turbo'd Pontiac L6 controlled by a MegaSquirt 3 and backed with a microsquirt controlled 4L60e and 4.56 gears! (Drag Week 2018!)
Old 05-22-2013, 10:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Same dealership, I once put ketchup on the ear piece of the office phone. I was sitting in the office at lunch time when it rang and the boss answered it. He immediately started cussing before he could finish saying hello.
Had a co-worker swap wires on the starter solenoid of my 69 Ford truck. Next day he jumped in his 69 Super Sport 4 speed and it kept stalling out. Seems someone had crammed his parking brake pedal to the floor. And it would not release. He ended up staying a couple hours extra working on his jammed brakes before he could go home.

Old 05-22-2013, 12:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
Anyone else ever zip tie a washer fluid line to the steering column and wire the pump to something like a blinker or headlights?
All great praanks so far, but I have to say this one makes me want to go out and play it on one of my buds right away. Takes the cake!

Old 05-22-2013, 12:17 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Im pretty big on office pranks.

I once modified a safety goggle sign outside one of the vacuum chamber labs

it had one of those mannequins with various safety goggles showing the amount of protection provided by having red liquid thrown in the face and the resulting spatter

well on the smallest glasses I replaced the after photo with the melting **** face from Indiana Jones.

It was up there for like 4 months

Another good one (but I wasnt involved)
is another department got a new engineer, the first few weeks he was basically cleaning out his new office and the filing cabinets, one of the technicians found some grey river rocks in the arroyo and put them in one of the test article bags (think police evidence bags) and labeled it "Caution: Moon Rocks" and put it in his filing cabinet

about a week later the new engineer finds the bag, freaks out, turns it in to his supervisor, who freaks out and contacts his manager, who freaks out and contacts the site manager who sends security who confiscate it and put it into the bonded storage

the technicians finally tell the supervisor who has to call the site manager and tell him whats going on. the poop hit the fan. hahaha

EDIT: why does the german group who fought against the allies from WWII get the bad word treatment? lol

68 Firebird 400, YC 400, Hbeam rods, ported 670 heads (2.11i, 1.77e valves), 1.65 RRs, Torker 2 intake, Nodular Crank, Eaton Limited Slip, Richmond 3.55 gears, M-20 M4
97 Trans Am WS6, LT1, M6, FLP LTs, Cutouts, Flowmaster catback, Jet Airfoil, K&N air filter, MSD Opti and Coil
14 Fiat 500e 83kW motor, 24kWh lithium ion battery, +2 sized summer tires
Old 05-22-2013, 12:26 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I saw on the British show Top Gear they once hooked up the horn wire to the brake light switch...drove the guy crazy trying to find it.

Best prank I ever saw was when I worked at an autoparts store, we had a delivery truck driver that was a complete ahole, he would "mess" up our bathroom like clockwork every morning , of the guys took the clear strech wrap they use to shrink wrap a pallet of boxes together, made a nice tight, wrinkle free, clear cover for the toilet bowl and put the seat down.......I never heard such cursing in my life, as a bonus they shut off his diesel box truck it was about 15 degrees outside in February, Took him almost an hour to get the truck started again.

Old 05-22-2013, 12:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Here's one...Kind of silly, but effective. Most folks today have a laser mouse connected to their computers. If you want to watch 'em go crazy, put a small piece of black electrical tape over the laser. They'll go nuts trying to figure out why their mouse doesn't work any longer. Even the most hardcore nerds sometimes miss this one. Makes it even more fun.

Old 05-22-2013, 10:27 PM
PY VIP

Some great pranks.....especially the ones conducted at work. My son has a body shp at his house next to our house and gets deliveries frequently.

Same parts truck and driver comes frequently. The other day when he came they distracted him and put a huge wire tie around the drivesshaft so the strap part would flap against the body of the truck when the truck was moving. He took off and hear the flapping noise and thought something was really wrong with the truck!

If you do this to someone make sure you position it away from the joints!...I remember by accident on a trip I had a tow strap flapping in the bed of my truck next thing I knew I heard a loud popping sound and the strap and caught on the driveshaft and ripped it!

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Old 05-22-2013, 10:30 PM
PY VIP

Another quick prank from my wifes past. she graduated fromhigh school in 1967 ( I was 2 years ahead of her and in Vietnam at the time) Small rural country school maybe 90 in her graduating class. Usually a big time for pranks. Our school had class rooms set up in a huge square with a courtyard inthe center only accesable by regular doors. Two stories all around. Her clever classmates from auto shop carefully disassembled (torched) a little foreign car and snuck it into the building thru the regular doors and reassembled in in the middle of the courtyard for all to see the next day.

A clever bit of workmanship that was unique to see.

It made the year book I believe.

denniskirban@yahoo.com