Old 06-18-2021, 05:21 PM

I had the same issue with Napa Pads

Old 06-18-2021, 05:26 PM

I was going to go buy another brand epad and see if it's like the regular pad issue too? Do you recall what brand of Rotors used?

Old 06-18-2021, 05:57 PM

Default '66 big car disc brake conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6566Poncho View Post
I was going to go buy another brand epad and see if it's like the regular pad issue too? Do you recall what brand of Rotors used?

These are the exact rear rotors I have on my car now.

Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0792B4RZQ...p_mob_ap_share

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by ben3843100; 06-18-2021 at 06:02 PM.
Old 06-18-2021, 07:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6566Poncho View Post
I have the Scarebird FRONT and REAR disc brake kits on my 66 Catalina Ventura I am having an issue with the rear disc brake ebrake pad. I am using the recommended AC Delco rotor and the epad that Scarebird supplied. The ID of the rotor is 7.5". The epad is the basically the same size (10/100 less than rotor - leaves only 5/100 around rotor- seems like too small of tolerence-??). After test driving - noticed epad was totally dragging. Removed and inspected epad (on both sides) and the pad was chattered from one end to the other. Could barely turn the rotor by hand with the ebrake pad installed. I removed the epad and test drove and no problems with balance of setup. I contacted Scarebird and provided them with information they requested and they say all is fine and should be working without issue. No other remedy was offered. Has anyone else had an issue with the ebrake setup and have any possible solutions?
I run into this type issue on a semi-regular basis just doing regular brake work on late model passenger cars with drum in hat parking brakes. If everything is put together right and the e-brake shoes still drag with the adjuster all the way in. I just take a clean-up cut on the drum portion of the rear rotor. It's a simple process, no different than machining a drum. I generally take .020" out of the drum portion and that takes care of it. Hope this helps.

Old 06-19-2021, 06:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've experienced the problem just getting replacement parking brake pieces for our Suburban. Autopart's store brand (hey, not going on the Pontiac) and too large. Went back and next box they pulled down was correct fit. Same part number but thickness of lining on first set was much thicker.

Also, the Master Power Brake 13" front units are scheduled for delivery on Monday along with the dual 9" booster and new master cylinder. Doing all sorts of things at once so will be awhile before the Safari is on the road - but getting closer with every small step completed.