Old 06-14-2016, 09:58 PM

Default Wiper Blades - 76 TA

Hey guys,

I want to replace the wiper blades on my 76 T/A. What is the correct length? brand recommendations for modern wiper blades?

Old 06-15-2016, 02:25 AM
Suspended

This is the repro wiper blade to original style, very slimline, others that claim to fit will hit the hood with the arms from being twice as high as they hould be

http://www.firebirdcentral.com/1970_...e_p/win-72.htm

Old 06-16-2016, 08:10 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Blade length

I have 18 inch blades on my 76 TA and they probably came from Autozone.

Old 06-16-2016, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus78Formula View Post
This is the repro wiper blade to original style, very slimline, others that claim to fit will hit the hood with the arms from being twice as high as they hould be

http://www.firebirdcentral.com/1970_...e_p/win-72.htm
Very cool design. I tried an 18" set from Walmart and I could just not do that plastic adapter BS. The hole for the pin on the car was just too small and I broke them. Luckily, my Dad stuffed a pair of Anco Kwik Connect wipers in my trunk a long time ago and I used those, OR that's just what was in the package, haha. They're this same style. Do you know of anywhere else to get them? I'm trying to see if that same Anco style still exists OR if it was something he found at the junkyard and grabbed. I have a feeling that they're stock and a junkyard find. They look and fit great.

I had just cheap Michelins on there before with the plastic adapter and had no fitment issues.

Last edited by shenesian; 06-17-2016 at 12:08 AM.
Old 06-17-2016, 12:57 AM
Suspended

Mines not a T/A but I used a set on my 73 GTO which are also 18". I went to a store thats known for cheap stuff, & bought a set of just replacement blades that are long & you cut to make them fit your wiper arm. These were a type that have 3-4 wipe paths on them & cut them to fit the length of my ares. You have to be a bit creative to get them in but once you do they look very close to your originals in fit & height so they go right back down & park where they should. They cost me & think $ 2.00 for a pack of 4 refills. They do wipe good & look good. You may want to try this before you try to make some of the new wipers that are out for $15.00 +.

Old 06-25-2016, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexs73gto View Post
Mines not a T/A but I used a set on my 73 GTO which are also 18". I went to a store thats known for cheap stuff, & bought a set of just replacement blades that are long & you cut to make them fit your wiper arm. These were a type that have 3-4 wipe paths on them & cut them to fit the length of my ares. You have to be a bit creative to get them in but once you do they look very close to your originals in fit & height so they go right back down & park where they should. They cost me & think $ 2.00 for a pack of 4 refills. They do wipe good & look good. You may want to try this before you try to make some of the new wipers that are out for $15.00 +.
Thank you. I actually found them on RockAuto.com for super super cheap. NAPA/Trico 600182s.

Old 06-26-2016, 12:15 AM
Suspended

Just keep an eye on the arm hitting the hood in the centre at full sweep as some of the replacement heads lift it much higher. Refills shouldn't have this problem, assuming you still have good pressure and screen contact from existing heads. Otherwise, these are available too.