THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 05-15-2012, 03:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Teej, it was a general comment not specifically directed at anyone here. Mixing complaints are quite common from the buying public. That is a fact as is the heavier weight and oil changes of the 4 stroke trimmers. Facts should not be intrepreted as "condescending".

I am sorry you took these facts so personally.

Old 05-15-2012, 03:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I love facts. It's the "laughable" public and the "lining up at the trough" portion along with the "Go figure" and eye roll that I thought was unnecessary. I'm probably just in a bad mood. Didn't mean to get cranky...sorry.

Old 05-15-2012, 03:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Touché my friend!

Old 05-16-2012, 01:46 AM
Senior Chief

Had a 2 stroke Craftsman weed eater before the 4 stroke Ryobi. Didn't bother me at all mixing oil/fuel, but I got tired of being surrounded and breathing that blue hazy smoke screen during use. Fortunately, the motor seized and a 4 stroke was purchased. Changing oil doesn't bother me either. I change the oil on both the weed eater and the lawn mower at the same time every year, splitting a quart of 15-40w Rotella between both. Never did understand why people make a huge deal about simple once-a-year maintenance with their gas driven yard equipment. Takes no more than 30 minutes max for both units [plug(s)/oil/air filter/blade sharpening]

Old 05-16-2012, 11:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokamo View Post
I'm a dealer for Stihl and carry the full line of the KM series Kombi-units. Yes, you will have to mix the gas, and because of this, you don't have an oil sump, and this feature makes it the only all position machine on the market. Beats the heck out of worrying about oil levels and such each time you use it.

Besides, Stihl offers the best warranty in the business....a factory warranty on trimmers is 2 years.....if you purchase a 6 pack of HP Ultra oil mix (one gallon mix is $2 per can), this doubles your warranty into a 4 year warranty (as long as it's homeowner or farm use).....it's a no-brainer to double your warranty for 12 dollars......and you need the oil anyway.

My personal favorite is the KM90R. Buy a FS-KM Brushcutter attachment with it and then buy an Autocut C trimmer head and swap out the two when you need it. Saves a bunch of money that way.

Check em out.....you will be glad you did.

Let me know if I can help. I sell these every day.

~Joe
Friend has one and I have seen it in action at my place mowing down 20ft high bamboo. It is impressive and the "all" positions make it invaluable