Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 02-09-2009, 07:24 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to steveinmontana
Default 69 428 build up

hey guys, need some help on a few things.
first,..i will tell you what has already been established,
69 428 .060 over
stock crank, .010 rods and mains
eagle rods-h beam,
forged k black dished 10cc pistons.
tranny is a th400 with a good convertor like a continental or hughes in the area of 2000 or 2400 stall area.
rear is 3:42 posi
looking for suggestions on cam and heads,
have a set of 62 castings and was thinking of sending them to SD Performance for port and polish job to get more flow. maybe in the area of 275 cfm.
or I could buy a set of already finished heads on Epay in the same area of flow numbers.
Not really interested in running pump gas as it wont be run that much. race gas isnt a problem,.....this is a toy for the weekends, mostly street might see a few grudge matches at the strip.
money isnt that much of an issue for parts cuz i really dont care what it costs to make it run good.
need some figures on which cam to get also,....would like to maybe run a hyd roller,...
would love your input on what to run with the cam and heads to make it run in a STOCK LOOKING 69 GTO,...
as always I appreciate all info/comments/suggestions on this matter.
Thanks, Steve

Old 02-09-2009, 09:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hmm I wish that was the case for me! If it was I would be looking at a set of big chambered KRE High Port aluminum heads. You will make killer power with those heads with just about any cam and won't need to run race gas 93 octain would work great!

Old 02-09-2009, 10:24 PM

good point Schoust, BUT kinda taking the stock look away from your engine, and im sure there is a point where having too much horsepower and torque will require suspension mods and slicks to keep it on the road. Not really looking to do that.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Awesome Combo!, Have SD Port and rebuild the Heads Or whomever 260-270 will be good, Use SD's Custom Hyd Roller 236-244 @.050 aprox .630lift with 1.65 roller rockers 112lsa 108ilc, Its a Really Good cam for what you are doing IMHO, Send them a Iron 4 bbl intake to CNC port and Match to the heads at the same time, 4 tube Doug's headers ande Dual 2.5 exhaust with x pipe, Get Cliff ruggles involved with building you a late 70's Q-jet 850cfm They work Awesome, I think This would equal a Killer Combo for your Car!

D.S.R.E. Your NW Pontiac Street/Strip Engine Builder, Specializing in Cylinder Head,Intake Manifold,and Exhaust Manifold Porting services and Building the Most Efficient stock rebuilds to Hi HP Pump Gas and Race Combinations for Pontiac,Buicks,Olds,FE Fords,385 Series and HP Gen 3 and 4 LS engines!
2006 silvy Z71 4X4,383 LS 600+hp NA
Shared Toy-66 Lemans 470cid by me 537hp 580tq-manifolds, 570hp 590tq-2"headers,custom cam,rpm intake, mild e-heads, Looks stock ;-}
Old 02-09-2009, 10:50 PM

thanks 440gp69, good idea on sending the intake as well !