Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 09-15-2011, 02:41 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default TRANSPORT CLEVE TO DELRAY BEACH

I've got a 62 Pontiac Catalina I would like transported from Cleveland, Ohio to just north of Delray Beach, Florida. Prefer to arrive in Delray beach on or just after October 15th 2011.

Old 09-15-2011, 04:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If no one can help try DOOR TO DOOR TRANSPORT, which was used by another member on here (THE BOSS) who had good results and posted the contact info.

I just used myself and prices were the best out of them all for enclosed transport (have open too) but we had to wait a while for pickup (hurricane) and change in shipment was my partly my fault.
His customer service was first class! He was always available and had his cell with him 24/7 for updates or any business.

The tell you within four hours when the car will be picked up, and tell you delivery date. The same driver stays with the car on the hauls, never drops it in a parking lot for days for suffleing like some do.

Call JR (junior) at 954-320-6677 they are out of FL.

Tell JR I mentioned them and ask him for a "special PY Pontiac forum" price...!

Jeff

Old 09-20-2011, 06:35 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thanks for the response. I've decided to use an enclosed carrier--less chance of damage and Door to Door has given me the lowest bid but I don't think they have come up with actual shipping commitment as yet. I also have had some interesting bids on Uship.

Old 09-20-2011, 09:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hope to see the car when it is down here in the WPB area.

Old 09-21-2011, 12:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

FWIW,make sure the carrier has full length pans if yours is under another car.My 69 T/A had brake fluid ruin the paint on the hood and they wore me out by passing me from insurance co to insurance co.I just bite the bullet now and use Reliable.Not the cheapest but seems to give good service.They will also take a Xtra engine with the car if wanted.I think I have shipped at least 5 cars and 3 Xtra engines with them.Tom