THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 04-16-2014, 11:36 PM
Suspended

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reid View Post
Thanks. For some reason, I couldn't get on the forums for like 24 hrs...Anyway, That's exactly what I was talking about. Not so much the dent but matching that custom paint.
But I will say Lightfoot, I agree that it's kind of a cool looking car. Not $30K cool but still, kinda cool.
See reply #2 here http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=751733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaniel1234 View Post
Handling? Not so much - Yikes!

Old 04-16-2014, 11:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks Alvin...I was beginning to think it was just me and my kerosene powered computer.

Old 04-17-2014, 03:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Best Craigslist add ever!
http://yubasutter.craigslist.org/cto/4427297446.html

Old 04-17-2014, 03:37 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS circutguy View Post
wow, thats taking it to a whole nother level

68 Firebird 400, YC 400, Hbeam rods, ported 670 heads (2.11i, 1.77e valves), 1.65 RRs, Torker 2 intake, Nodular Crank, Eaton Limited Slip, Richmond 3.55 gears, M-20 M4
97 Trans Am WS6, LT1, M6, FLP LTs, Cutouts, Flowmaster catback, Jet Airfoil, K&N air filter, MSD Opti and Coil
14 Fiat 500e 83kW motor, 24kWh lithium ion battery, +2 sized summer tires
Old 04-17-2014, 03:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

60K 4 dr. Worth every penny?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/4426490168.html

wtf

Old 04-17-2014, 09:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

People in Morgan Hill are more than a little disconnected from reality and the real cost of things compared to the rest of the country...

Old 04-17-2014, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63Banshee View Post

Don't you just love it when sellers post a bunch of close-up pictures of things like a flat tire, and an ashtray, but no pictures of the actual whole car.

Old 04-17-2014, 11:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by shook1 View Post
Don't you just love it when sellers post a bunch of close-up pictures of things like a flat tire, and an ashtray, but no pictures of the actual whole car.
That's exactly what I was thinking.

Old 04-18-2014, 12:18 AM
Suspended

The ad says interior is great shape but to me the front seat looks like it's a total waste , all torn up & ripped out with the stuffing showing. Why the flat tire. It may be original but not worth what he's asking. Maybe $ 600.00

Old 04-18-2014, 08:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexs73gto View Post
The ad says interior is great shape but to me the front seat looks like it's a total waste , all torn up & ripped out with the stuffing showing. Why the flat tire. It may be original but not worth what he's asking. Maybe $ 600.00
Look again- there are clear plastic covers on the seats- that's what is torn and split. The original upholstery looks to be in reasonably good condition. Despite the lousy pics, the car seems to actually be in quite good condition. Could easily be a $6,000 car- nowhere near $60,000 though! I'd like to see the car out in the open and cleaned up... and maybe put some air in the tires.

1979 Trans Am 400, 4-speed, 4 wheel disc.

View from the drivers seat racing down Atco Raceway- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhYDMdOEC7A

Ride along in the other lane-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIzgpLtF_uw
Old 04-18-2014, 09:35 AM
Suspended

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatless View Post
Look again- there are clear plastic covers on the seats- that's what is torn and split. The original upholstery looks to be in reasonably good condition. Despite the lousy pics, the car seems to actually be in quite good condition. Could easily be a $6,000 car- nowhere near $60,000 though! I'd like to see the car out in the open and cleaned up... and maybe put some air in the tires.
Agree. Looking at the photo pix of the sheet metal appears to be little or no rust, which for me trumps any trim, tire, and interior issues. If it was a 2 door I'd be all over it "as is" for "6K".

Old 04-18-2014, 11:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainofiron View Post
wow, thats taking it to a whole nother level
Funny ad. So funny I almost peed myself at that nother level.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:39 PM
Senior Chief

My 4-cyl project ship came in! "No structural damage"
http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/pts/4423822764.html

Old 04-19-2014, 12:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBF823 View Post
I guess the buckled roof is "no structural damage"

POCI.org
Old 04-19-2014, 12:57 PM
Suspended

Wink

Quote:
"Should buff right out"

Old 04-19-2014, 01:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

"I was told that there was no structural damage to the vehicle."

And unicorns are real.

Old 04-19-2014, 09:10 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Perhaps he's thinking about frame damage. I'd say since the car is unibody, it's wrecked........

Old 04-20-2014, 02:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
My first car was an '87 200SX. The most poorly designed car ever - it had that same engine; a 4 cylinder with 8 plugs - count those wires. (the head was designed so poorly, they couldn't get it to ignite property. So instead on re-designing it to fire correctly, they re-designed it to take 8 plugs. Then used that design for at least 6 years.

Rear wheels with no adjustable camber (so the tires lasted 2000 miles), plastic window guides that disintegrated from the sun every year, pop-up headlights powered by unreliable and extremely expensive motors. At least mine was red with a newer body design - it looked much cooler. That p.o.s. would probably be worth $900 if the rear end was not caved in.

Old 04-20-2014, 02:43 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris65LeMans View Post
My first car was an '87 200SX. The most poorly designed car ever - it had that same engine; a 4 cylinder with 8 plugs - count those wires. (the head was designed so poorly, they couldn't get it to ignite property. So instead on re-designing it to fire correctly, they re-designed it to take 8 plugs. Then used that design for at least 6 years.

Rear wheels with no adjustable camber (so the tires lasted 2000 miles), plastic window guides that disintegrated from the sun every year, pop-up headlights powered by unreliable and extremely expensive motors. At least mine was red with a newer body design - it looked much cooler. That p.o.s. would probably be worth $900 if the rear end was not caved in.
That car there has the z22e motor, yes its 8 plugs. Your 87 would have had a ca20e which is also 8 plugs. Newer hemis also use 8 plugs.

That being said, the ca20e is no winner, also consider you had the hydraulic lifter version, you'd be lucky if it was making 90hp. The ports are small and located close to the deck so they don't really flow. The rods are thin so you can't really boost the crap out of it. The ca20 was a tall deck version of the ca18, which had a square bore and stroke, and was later updated with a girdle and a 4-valve head - the ca18det. The ca18det was no pushover and can really be quite a viscous little motor - I've seen them pushed pretty hard, and some, such as myself, prefer them to the later sr20det.

That chassis there is the s110, yours was the s12. I've owned two, and have owned and driven them for well over a decade. I'm hoping to get a third. Yes there is no rear camber adjustment, but mine has been modded for it, as well as rear roll center and front camber, caster and roll center.

We, as US consumers never got the better motors for those cars, but a few of us have gotten a hold of them. The motor before the ca18det was the fj20. There have been fj20 cars that have hit the 9-second range with stock block, head, and crank in the chassis that it originally came in. There are very few cars that achieved this feat, and way fewer that have done it as a four cylinder.

I'm aware of the plastic window guides. I've had to purchase them from nissan in the past, and hoard the ones I have.

There are many problems with the car. My biggest peace is the design of the rocker boxes and rust.

I'm not making an attempt to win you over to a car you dislike. Many people don't like the S12 200sx. We have a small community and have had to forge ahead as aftermarket support is really minimal. This has caused an effect of great pride, where many cars like my firebird are ruled buy consumerism of parts, with the S12, you need to make and retro fit nearly every thing from something else. The only real aftermarket we have is a welder and a milling machine. My suspension is pirated from a 300zx and modded quite heavily. Others have stolen parts from other Nissans and infinities.

I'm always looking for another 200sx rwd. Most are in the $3k range now due to the drifting craze and the massive shortage of small rwd fours. I paid $250 for my first, and $900 for my second. Looks like I may have to shell out $3k for the third. Keep in mind I'm on the east coast, and add $1k to any you ever see for sale to get it here.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Old 04-20-2014, 07:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS circutguy View Post
That one needs to be captured for posterity!

Quote:
For trade; 1988 Pontiac Fiero, aka "The Black Dragon"
The word "fiero" means, "proud" in Italian and "wild", "fierce", or "ferocious" in Spanish. In every other language it means, "sex machine". The Black Dragon lives up to its reputation.

You will be the envy of all of your neighbors if you have The Black Dragon parked in your driveway. I get a special wave every time they drive by. My neighbor, who is a diehard NASCAR fan (this guy knows cars!!), cannot believe that I was able to obtain such an amazing piece of General Motors, Murican made plastic beauty. The Black Dragon is a testament to the engineering and product quality that can only come from General Motors.

This isn't any standard bad ass Fiero. This baby has the factory installed pussy magnet, which is capable of pulling tail from any stop sign. To operate; snap the throttle, nod your head, and watch the panties drop. The Black Dragon is too small to have sex in but you will for sure get laid once you get out.

The factory 2.8L 135hp power plant has been substantially upgraded. I took the restrictor plate off to give The Black Dragon a little more juice, but keep that on the down low, she's not exactly street legal. With the addition of a chrome oil cap and three cans of Rustoleum, I estimate this baby is putting out well over 600hp.

The Black Dragon is F A S T!! In fact, it is so fast it is blowing the paint off and has melted the tread off of the tires. I am 14 for 14 in my races against the neighborhood kids on their bicycles. For proof of speed, look at the smoke trail this bad boy leaves behind, just like a ****ing jet, which I why I had to add a wing to the back to keep this bullet on the ground.

The suspension has been modified to give The Black Dragon improved aerodynamics and an even more sinister look. An unintended benefit of the suspension modification is that I can itch my hemorrhoids using the reflectors in the center of the road and the scraping noise when I enter driveways lets everyone know The Black Dragon has arrived. The spoke rims were strictly aesthetic and to give me something to clean while washing Black Dragon on my lawn in my Murican flag speedo.

I hate to get rid of The Black Dragon. However; the pure, raw, untamed, sexual desire my wife gets from seeing me driving this beauty has resulted in two kids. SO. . . I am willing to trade for a practical family vehicle like; full size Hummer, Range Rover, Mercedes G Wagon, Cadillac Escalade, or any type of jet aircraft.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978