THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 05-22-2013, 07:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69goatboy View Post
I used the POR tank repair stuff with disastrous results. The stuff peeled away in sheets.
I ended up buying a new tank for the goat. I've used POR stuff elsewhere with satisfactory results though.
ditto on that
followed the directions to a "T" and it began to peel off as you say,in sheets.
I had even blasted the rust at bottom of tank so it was white metal,used the marine clean,etch etc.
The distributors solution was to clean and reapply (yea right). So I contacted Restomotive directly. Only resolve I got was 2 new qts of POR.
Needless to say I had to buy another tank(it was for my John Deere tractor) and this time I went with Hirsh. No problems after 10 yrs.