Old 11-22-2016, 12:25 PM

Default 1970 TA Interior

On a 1970 Trans Am code 211 interior, what is the correct blue color? Can someone post pics please.

Old 11-22-2016, 02:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixx View Post
On a 1970 Trans Am code 211 interior, what is the correct blue color? Can someone post pics please.
I don't own a '70, so the exact color should be quoted by someone here who owns one. Your 211 (custom interior) code tells me (IIRC) it should have the "Knitted Vinyl". I am dying to say your '70 should be the Bright Blue", but don't take that to the bank. I studied all the color options very close back when I was buying interior stuff for mine. Research all the '70 color options on the Ames Performance catalogue. They will send you some samples to match what you have, if you still have your original seat covers. Check a place up under the seat where the sun hasn't faded the color if you can. That's what I did + asked a lot of questions on here to get it right. Good luck.

Pigeon Forge, Tn. Grand Rod Run Spring 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUIuGvWWthA

http://s223.photobucket.com/user/fas...d%20Run%202012

Son video'd this...
http://s223.photobucket.com/user/fas...a.mp4.html?o=0
Old 11-22-2016, 02:51 PM

Thank you for your reply. I have noticed in pictures different colors, just wondering what color is the closest to factory. I will post 3 different pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	interior1.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	441195   Click image for larger version

Name:	interior2.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	441196   Click image for larger version

Name:	ta5.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	441199  

Old 11-22-2016, 03:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I am terrible at searching, but there has been a bit of discussion methinks on this topic. Try a search also.....

Old 11-22-2016, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bird72 View Post
I am terrible at searching, but there has been a bit of discussion methinks on this topic. Try a search also.....
Thanks. That's the first thing I did with no luck.

Old 11-22-2016, 03:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixx View Post
Thank you for your reply. I have noticed in pictures different colors, just wondering what color is the closest to factory. I will post 3 different pictures.
Picture one is a worn original interior
Picture two looks pretty good
Picture three is just wrong

Legendary sells a fairly close deluxe seat cover. Al knock sells a very close interior die

Old 11-22-2016, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weranc55 View Post
Picture one is a worn original interior
Picture two looks pretty good
Picture three is just wrong

Legendary sells a fairly close deluxe seat cover. Al knock sells a very close interior die
Great! Thanks!!

Old 11-22-2016, 05:33 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

The first picture above is of my deluxe interior door panels I had made using NOS bright blue comfort weave and NOS bright blue vinyl. The comfort weave is ever so slightly lighter than the vinyl color. I believe the original comfort weave did not have adequate UV color stabilizers, and as a result the comfort weave changed color over time due to exposure to sunlight. My original seats exhibited the same look as the first pic in the post above. IMO this color difference was now the intended design or look, that Pontiac was trying to achieve.

This second pic is of my deluxe interior seat covers I had made with the same NOS materials.

This third pic shows my new rear seat bottom compared to my original seat bottom. Note the fading effect of the original comfort weave. My front seats showed a lot more fade than the rear seats.

This last pic is of my rear seats made with the NOS materials.

This little project was NOT cheap, and I do not know if you can even get the NOS materials anymore. I have heard that Legendary does made a nice 70 bright blue repro seat cover, but I have not seen them in person.

I hope that helps a bit...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05351.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	441202   Click image for larger version

Name:	ta seatsDSC05154.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	178.5 KB
ID:	441203   Click image for larger version

Name:	ta seatsDSC05172.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	170.2 KB
ID:	441204   Click image for larger version

Name:	ta seatsDSC05160.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	161.1 KB
ID:	441205  

-------------------------------------
1966 GTO 4 speed Hardtop Alabama car (Marina Turquoise w turquoise interior)
1970 TA 4 speed Canadian car (Lucerne Blue w bright blue interior)
Old 11-22-2016, 07:03 PM

Steve, Thank you very much for showing me the pictures, definitely helps a lot!

Old 11-22-2016, 09:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 455hota View Post
The first picture above is of my deluxe interior door panels I had made using NOS bright blue comfort weave and NOS bright blue vinyl. The comfort weave is ever so slightly lighter than the vinyl color. I believe the original comfort weave did not have adequate UV color stabilizers, and as a result the comfort weave changed color over time due to exposure to sunlight. My original seats exhibited the same look as the first pic in the post above. IMO this color difference was now the intended design or look, that Pontiac was trying to achieve.

This second pic is of my deluxe interior seat covers I had made with the same NOS materials.

This third pic shows my new rear seat bottom compared to my original seat bottom. Note the fading effect of the original comfort weave. My front seats showed a lot more fade than the rear seats.

This last pic is of my rear seats made with the NOS materials.

This little project was NOT cheap, and I do not know if you can even get the NOS materials anymore. I have heard that Legendary does made a nice 70 bright blue repro seat cover, but I have not seen them in person.

I hope that helps a bit...
Drool...very nice!