Old 10-30-2017, 09:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I got my move in packet also. Hope I get to use it. The car is still moving along, but there is lots left to do. Two steps forward and one step backward. My travels haven’t helped the cause....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 10-30-2017, 10:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Damn Bob, that picture stirs something in my muscle car mojo!

I hope you get to use your move-in packet too! I've just read all the move-in instructions and it will take two of us to get each car unloaded. One to drive the tow vehicle and trailer to the marshaling yard and one to move the car to its assigned spot after it has been unloaded, while the first guy is moving the tow vehicle and trailer out of the building. You can't unload at the marshaling yard, you have to unload in the building or on one of the designated side streets. And, you have to go to the staging yard to have the fuel level in the tank confirmed below 1/4 tank before you are allowed in the building. If the weather is good, we may be better off unloading on one of the side streets and just driving into the exhibit center. They say that drive in cars get priority. We'll definitely need to coordinate ahead of time. Even if we have to push your car in the building you need to be there pal!

BJ

Old 10-31-2017, 06:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

It's surprisingly organized BJ for all of the cars, trucks, semis that end up going in & out of that building in such a short amount of time.

Tip - don't plan on wearing good clothes for the drop off (or pick up for that matter) you will smell like exhaust when you leave the building.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 10-31-2017, 07:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Sean better hustle too! These fluffed up Formulas are going to be fabulous...or not

Old 10-31-2017, 07:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

My Orange ones is ready for the show!

Cue the sweet child of mine.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 10-31-2017, 07:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Wow! Nice Mike. Is that your son?

It's coming down to the final weeks before the show and the roster is now set. 13 cars officially, so it will be a cool display. Too bad we didn't find a couple of '70 Formy's for the display, but we have Tim Dye's uber-cool black car to represent the year.

Speaking of fluffing, I need to get in the garage and get busy cleaning off the petrified bug guts from the TA Nats road trip. I didn't know about the 1/4 tank level, so I'll have to siphon some petrol out before loading (or drive it off for more fun). I'm looking forward to seeing everyone and the cars. We are planning on being there on Thursday early afternoon to get a feel for the display location (not known yet) and how to arrange the cars. I'm making 18"x12" boards of all the car's PHS's and hopefully a "Fabulous Formulas" display banner (or bigger boards for a tripods). I will black out all the VIN's on the PHS boards for a little protection. I'm sure it'll resemble herding kittens getting the display just right, so I ask for everyone's patience and understanding when I need cars adjusted, kinda like a wife having her hubby helping rearrange furniture...a little to the right...no, back al ittle, no, more to the left...no...

See you there! Dennis

Old 10-31-2017, 07:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yes, that's my son a few years ago in between periods breaking out in the air guitar for the fans...https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WXQB8eRGIuI

Thanks again Dennis for putting this together!! Real work begins with the final touches...

Old 10-31-2017, 07:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Orange is the new black!

Very nice Mike!

Old 10-31-2017, 10:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
It's surprisingly organized BJ for all of the cars, trucks, semis that end up going in & out of that building in such a short amount of time.

Tip - don't plan on wearing good clothes for the drop off (or pick up for that matter) you will smell like exhaust when you leave the building.
And make sure you frequently going outside to get fresh air. I wound up with carbon monoxide poisoning last year because I hung out inside for the entire move-in day. Horrendous headache and projectile vomiting after 6 hours exposure. (at least I was able to make it back across the street to the room before the reverse peristalsis hit).

I asked one of the workers there why they didn't have carbon monoxide detectors in the hall...he said it was because they'd be alarming all the time....

Old 10-31-2017, 10:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Sounds like one hour of moonshine exposure....

Old 10-31-2017, 10:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I love the smell of napalm in the mornin

Old 10-31-2017, 12:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge273 View Post
Sounds like one hour of moonshine exposure....
...or less, your mileage may vary.

Any room that can make this rig look small....

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3426.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	466577  

Old 10-31-2017, 01:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Was the air tested Or is it speculation that it was Carbon monoxide poisoning?

Old 10-31-2017, 05:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It was the real deal. I've been through exposures before. Once you been hit with it previously, it kind of comes on rapidly when you come across a heavy dose again. If I recall correctly that was one of the reasons Richard Petty eventually retired from racing - carbon monoxide takes a long time to get out of the body and you get something of a reverse tolerance to it. It takes less and less to achieve a bad reaction each time you're exposed.

And the 'shine that Bob offered me didn't cure anything because it was way too late by then. :-)

Old 10-31-2017, 06:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsteve View Post
It was the real deal. I've been through exposures before. Once you been hit with it previously, it kind of comes on rapidly when you come across a heavy dose again. If I recall correctly that was one of the reasons Richard Petty eventually retired from racing - carbon monoxide takes a long time to get out of the body and you get something of a reverse tolerance to it. It takes less and less to achieve a bad reaction each time you're exposed.

And the 'shine that Bob offered me didn't cure anything because it was way too late by then. :-)
Thanks for sharing Steve. I guess we all need to be more careful. Kind of sounds like poison ivy with the reverse tolerance.

Old 10-31-2017, 11:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

And the fire marshal is worried about 1/4 tanks of fuel...sounds like they need to be more worried about CO poisioning.. Thanks for the tips guys.

BJ

Old 11-01-2017, 07:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
And the fire marshal is worried about 1/4 tanks of fuel
That's for explosion reasons.
CO just affects humans, doesn't affect property.

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 11-01-2017, 07:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Back on topic....Dennis has put together a great group, this will be the Greatest gathering of Formulas ever in one place. Great job Dennis

Old 11-01-2017, 07:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Same Fire Marshall and crew for events all year long...http://www.rosemont.com/desconvention/events/

Pretty sure they know what to do...I am also pretty certain CO detectors are required by law in places of Assembly like this convevtention center. As well as FD carry hand held detectors for public safety.

Last edited by Judge273; 11-01-2017 at 08:19 AM.
Old 11-01-2017, 07:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks Craig! Well, we lost Jam K's '73 SD455 unfortunately, so now down to 12 cars. We were rocking with 18 during the summer, so 33% casualty rate...aarrgg! I hope we don't loose any more. I have faith Bob, Dave & Darrell will make it to the finish line, right guys? GO, GO, GO!!!

Dennis